TOTAL BWF World Championships 2017 - Semi Finals

Discussion in '2017 Tournaments' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

[​IMG]

MS

Chen Long vs Viktor Axelsen (10:00 am)

[​IMG]

Chen Long brushed aside Tian Houwei's challenge in two sets 21-12 21-15 while Viktor had a tougher time with Chou Tien Chen, taking 75 minutes to book a Semi final birth. It's the classic Defence vs Attack clash to open the proceedings on Day 6.

H2H : 9 - 1

Lin Dan vs Son Wan Ho (5:00 pm)

Lin Dan was economical in his triumph over Hong Kong's Vincent Wong Wing Ki while Son Wan Ho was patient enough to allow nervous Srikanth to self-destruct. Expect a tactical grindfest where both man will be looking to outmaneuver each other.

Untitled.png

WS

Chen Yufei vs PV Sindhu

Chen Yufei is overcoming anything coming in her way to the First World Championship title so far while Sindhu was superb in her victory against Sun Yu.
    Another nail-biter ?

Nozomi Okuhara vs Saina Nehwal

Okuhara did the unthinkable dethroning Carolina Marin while Saina seemed to have all answers for Kirsty Gilmour at the end of the day. This could be our Match of the Day.

MD

Ahsan/Saputro are in fine form but Kamura/Sonada are looking even more impressive. Golden oppurtunity for Japanese pair to clinch first Silver medal at Worlds

Kamura/ Sonoda vs Ahsan/Saputro

Chai Biao/ Hong Wei did something that no one here wanted them to do - knocking out the Tournament favourites and King of Talent Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Gideon Marcus Fernaldi in an absolute thriller. Liu Cheng and Zhang Nan's feat of conquering Boe/Mogensen is nothing short of miraculous.

Liu Cheng/Zhang Nan vs Chai Biao/Hong Wei

XD

Brilliant Chen Qingchen/Zheng Sewei will go toe to toe with Badminton Royalty ''Chris and Gabby".

The evergreen pairing of Tontowi and never so Old- Natsir will take on Supremely motivated Lee/Chau

WD

Matsutomo/Takahashi will take on their nightmare Chen Qingchen/Jia Yifan while

Fukushima/Hirota will look to freeze ''Jewel and Paderson "

Category : Major Tournament

[​IMG]

Tournament Software : http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=4A6A351C-463C-4229-8233-F7459FAD92B5

Glasgow Time : GMT + 1

2015 World Champions : http://bwfworldchampionships.com/results/2463/total-bwf-world-championships-2015/podium

Live Streaming : videostream.dn.ua/videopage/videoPage.php?g=c2J2b2JoK2F0Y3ZsbmhZ&c=en&i=eWlhaXVidGd1bA№f№f
    https://www.youtube.com/user/bwf

Semi Finals Matches/ Livescore / Schedule/Stats
    :http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=4A6A351C-463C-4229-8233-F7459FAD92B5

lasalleguy, renbo, nilesh123 and 6 others like this.
  2. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    your photo choice for Viktor is not the most flattering :p

Fan123 and Petersen like this.
  3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

My predictions for Final will be :

Chen vs Lin
    Chen vs Okuhara
    Kamura/Sonoda vs Liu/Zhang
    Misaki/Ayaka vs Juhl/Pedersen
    Zheng/Chen vs Ahmad/Natsir

Fan123 likes this.
  4. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Seeing Boe/Mogensen expressions at the end of the match is so sad. Shake of the head.

If luck doesnt side with you no matter how you chase it till the end of earth, it still wont follow.

Petersen likes this.
  5. Airos

Airos Regular Member

I am hoping for an all India WS final. It has never happened before.
    And given their forms, I think it is rather realistic to expect a Saina vs Sindhu final.

Fan123, badmuse and John I'm like this.
  6. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

I am really excited for Axelsen vs Chen Long.
    Anyway, imagine the surprise when I woke up earlier and saw Kevin/Gid and Boe/Mog sent out packing.

7. John I'm

John I'm Regular Member

Your second prediction will surely be wrong.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

8. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Could Chen Qingchen repeat Zhao Yunlei's success in double victory?

Akin44 likes this.
  9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I would like to see NO in the final but an all IND final is fine with me, just lacking the excitement.

Fan123 and badmuse like this.
  10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Mine is the opposite.

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I want ZYL's record to stay.

12. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Happy?
    I am just surprised. Glad for Chai/Hong too. They have been the unreliable pair for too long.

13. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

I think we might see Chen Qinchen be the next ZYL this time.

14. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Do you think ChaiHong can win it this time? or still end up being the nearly man?

They are strong individuals, just really tense during big tour,they almost blow it last night. If only Gideon has smash like Ahsan haha.

15. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

I think they can win against Liu/Zhang. They have a chance now.

16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

They beat the ghost of Kevin/Gideon who beat them in China & AllE on route to winning title, will be a waste if they cant win this title,imo.

But, I seriously think China will do blink eye, they always do,in a way its sad for individuals to be decided like this. Sometimes its tougher when same countries meet in SF. If Kamura/Sonoda win, i think Liu/Zhang will be in Final considering Chai/Hong 0-5? or so record against the Japanese. If Ahsan/Rian win, I guess ChaiHong is the natural Mens Double and they will win the SF. Just my feel.

Then Again, i cant imagine the devastation if Chai/Hong lost the match last night. It will be third time they got undercut by KevGid (That China and India Open lost last year), I think if they lost the match they will retire like Kim/Kim. They were already ommited from KoreaOpen before the tour starts.

#16 Yoji, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    dave010 likes this.
  17. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Link: http://bwfworldchampionships.com/ne...ned-day-5-total-bwf-world-championships-2017/

Nozomi Okuhara
    “In the second game my speed was down, and she kept her speed and power,” Okuhara said. “I told myself to keep fighting. I have my target set on the gold medal.”

Saina Nehwal
    I
    was expecting a tough fight, but I was surprised she was playing so quick,” said Nehwal. “There were a lot of difficult rallies. She was pepped up and motivated, she put up a great show. I didn’t expect she would last so long in the third game.”

Only I know what I went through. I shouldn’t have gone to Rio, I didn’t know I had a major injury. The belief of my parents and coach helped me get back. I still have tendinitis in the (right) knee…

I wasn’t sure of a medal, I had a difficult draw. Reaching the semi-finals is a great feeling, but tomorrow will be a tough match.”
    ********************************************************************************************************
    Saina Nehwal and Chen Yufei were not expected to make the semis and get a medal. They have already exceeded expectations. Out of the 4 Saina has the weakest fitness levels and Yufei has to improve her fitness levels. PV Sindhu and Nozomi Okuhara look supremely fit, in top form and are the firm favourites to make the final.

Saina has a good track record against JPN WS but with below par fitness, pain in her right knee, she is at risk of an injury if she pushes too hard. Saina has experience, determination and fighting spirit which might help her edge past Okuhara. Nozomi is relentless, amazing court coverage, marathon abilities, agile and supreme fitness make her a tough nut to crack.

Sindhu has a good track record against CHN WS, in top form but has the tendency to relax lose concentration. Yufei is a rapidly improving player, is dangerous and cannot be underestimated. Yufei can topple Sindhu with a good game plan.

Can Saina and Sindhu set up a blockbuster All Indian WS final? :)

nilesh123 and samkool like this.
  18. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

TV Schedule: All matches on TV and court 1
    WS is the last match in Session 1 and 2

#18 badmuse, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  19. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    pvs and okuhara looks firm favourites to reach the final, saina and Chen's fitness will be a big factor in today's semifinals on the other hand pvs and nozomi are extremely fit and they will keep going on and on, saina and chen have tough task ahead.

Fan123 likes this.
  20. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

Agree..Could be Breaking News for someone who had done something really bad :) But the Picture is actually well appealing, that's is exactly Viktor, he is not slick or superficial, but of a sensitive emotional character, where it often seems like his inner fight cast shadows, however without that ongoing fight he wouldn't be Viktor but probably just another claw-less DK badminton player.
    BTW Viktor is a good exponent for the sport here in DK. Badminton has for a long period appeared in the media and people's consciousness as a more or less boring sport, now at least it's broadcast on the free channels again. Viktor's unpredictable biorhythm and high temper is prime television here in DK.
    And of course to be realistic VA-CL is David's fight against Goliath. VA will need to hit his best day of the year and go on the court with a somewhat balanced temper and a bag full of luck and still hope CL last night went out in Glasgow for Whisky tasting and thereafter went to a folklore event with Scottish Boot-dance the half of night,, which is unlikely. So let's see if VA can make the impossible > possible or it's gonna be impossible-impossible, nobody dies of it, and we will honour those combatants who fights to the very end with open forehead, its SPORT when it's BEST