Discho "Cube" and "Precision 760" - new stringing machines

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by s_mair, Aug 8, 2017.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I was just cruising through my favorite stringing accesories shop when I came across these two beasts:

Discho "Cube":

http://www.tennisman.de/Weiteres/Besaitungsmaschinen/DISCHO/Besaitungsmaschine-Discho-Cube.html
    main-360x360.jpg 05-360x360.jpg 03-360x360.jpg 04-360x360.jpg

Discho "Precision 760":
    http://www.tennisman.de/Weiteres/Be...saitungsmaschine-Precision-760-Badminton.html
    precision_760_table_type-360x360.jpg

Sadly, the pictures of the Cube only seem to be digital renders so far and there is no release date available for both. But I just couldn't help but sharing this find in here. And let's face it - if that Cube will truly look like that in reality, this would be the best looking stringing machine ever.

And now I hope that @Tennisman Dirk will see this thread and add some more details here. :)

#1 s_mair, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  2. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    the second one only pulls upto 33lb

3. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Finally, a stringing machine I can use to microwave noodles.

4. Nicholas Tam

Nicholas Tam Regular Member

Hobo Student
    A table top badminton electronic constant pull? Why can't AEF sell that themselves without the rebrand :(

33lbs. is plenty if you're not a Panda

5. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    30lb+10%PS maxes it out.

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That 33 lbs. maximum of the table top badminton version is a bit of a downer. Not that I would string higher than that in reality, but at least I would like to know that I could.

Anyway, for me it's the Cube that looks a lot more interesting. I wonder if AEF is also the OEM for that one.

7. Nicholas Tam

Hobo Student
    Chances are, if you're going to buy a table top machine with an integrated ECP you probably aren't going to be pulling in the high ranges but are just a frequent player or the ocassional stringer. If you honestly had to string beyond 30lbs there's no reason why you shouldn't get a WISE instead.

But that P760 is pretty much a S90 with ECP, it's built to withstand waaaaay more than 33 lbs

8. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I have a wise :)

I also have a few 30lb and 32lb users. It's a shame because that machine looks really neat, something for a small tournament. Another 5lb and it would be great.

9. Nicholas Tam

Hobo Student
    I'd reckon it's pretty much this machine but they've slightly tweaked the base and rebuilt the ECP chassis' design.

[​IMG]

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I have a WISE too. :)

What I really like about the P760 is the fully covered frame and mechanics under the turntable. Less chances for the string to get caught. How I hate it, when that happens!

I guess we will have to wait for the final "real" machine to say anything more about its roots. So far I don't see any big parallel from Cube to that AEF (which is in fact an S90 turntable with integrated stand and tensioner). The Cube looks like it has a full sized tennis turntable with moveable towers and also the rest of the mechanics looks very different. But again, digital renders can be very different from the final result, so let's see.

11. Nicholas Tam

Hobo Student
    Unless I'm having a bad eye day... pretty sure S90 had a slightly more circular shaped turntable as in the P760 whereas the AEF I've posted is sporting the exact same fixed oval base and large arms as I'm seeing with the cube. Then again, those are just renders so it may not be the final design at all. Even the specs say that it's a tennis machine from the tension range.

It just struck me that someone thought that they'd fuse a 3D printer with a stringing machine and that's how the cube came about haha

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Yup, you are right - the S90 has an almost circular turntable:
    s90_6.jpg
    In the renders of the Cube the support posts look different and seem to be moveable. Also the turntable itself looks different with the covered bottom side. But again... those bloody renders can mean anything! :confused:

13. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    To 760: The clamp bases and the clamps are a no-go for a 2K maschine. You can go for a nice table top and a wise for nearly the half. Also the downside of just 33 lbs is a shame for a 2k badminton machine. I had a customer in the past who went for 33 + 10%, stringing my own rackets at the upper end of the tensioner is, to me, a no-go. For 2K? - skip.

The cube looks like a nice design object, but don't sound really curious to me. For 3K I would import an Alpha Ghost or would search for a used ES5Pro or C7032. Just my 2 cents. The hooks for the tools at the end would make me insane, if I get caught on the hooks with string. I'm more a fan of trays...

If I want to deal with tennisman the E1 would my favorite. Not a spaceship beauty, but I'm not a sucker for design and concentrate on function.

14. Tennisman

Tennisman Regular Member

Hello,
    the superstringer machines are produced from AEF for us. We have a lot of ideas, make recommendations for improvements and they are really great and make this improvements.

We have an other factory which also produce stringing machines and want to sell their machines under discho brand. The have a lot of machines but we will not have the chance to get all machines which we want. But maybe some of the machines are interested.

I´m not shure if there is a market in germany or europe for badminton machines with prices over 2000 Euro. The Superstringer CM 9 is also a very good machine but there is not a big demand.

Here 2 samples for Badminton machines from the "new" factory:

Precicion 660

http://www.tennisman.de/out/pictures/generated/product/1/665_665_100/catalogue-precision660(003).jpg

[​IMG]

Or Discho Diamond:
    http://www.tennisman.de/Weiteres/Be...aitungsmaschine-Discho-Diamond-Badminton.html

[​IMG]

What do you think about the machines? Do you think we should order one of them together with our order of tennisstringing machines?

15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Hi Dirk! Good to see you back on badminton grounds. :)

It's a tough question if such higher priced badminton-only machines really make sense. In my opinion, they don't - especially not on the european market. I wonder how many stringers are there in Europe that are dealing exclusively with badminton rackets and have a business that justifies a high end machine. And so far, I haven't seen a real downside of having a machine with moveable towers to adjust from tennis to squash to badminton rackets. Especially if they have a self-centering system as seen on the T70.

What makes the Cube stand out of the other machines is plain and simple the design. It just has a certain sci-fi touch to it that makes it look like a true 2020 piece of gear - compared to most of the other stringing machines out there who mostly look like they were made in the 1920s. The Precision and the Diamond will have a hard time to stand out of the mass. And if they are also priced in the 2k€-3k€ section, I don't see a reason why I would go for them. For comparison, there once was the Superstringer E1 which was at the lower edge of that range and basically had everything that was needed - including the self-centering turntable from the T70.

What could be interesting is to make a Superstringer spin-off of the Alpha Ghost (which is also produced by AEF afaik). To me, this is the benchmark in terms of price/performance.

But going back to the OP: Going by your recent post, I reckon the Cube will be a tennis-only machine with fixed towers, correct?

EDIT:
    Just seen that you have added some technical details also for the Diamond along with a price: http://www.tennisman.de/Weiteres/Be...aitungsmaschine-Discho-Diamond-Badminton.html

IMO if that was a universal tennis+badminton machine, I would say that it sounds very promising. I especially like the self-raising tension head which is a quite unique feature.

But why has the Cube now disappeard from the shop again already?!? :eek:

#15 s_mair, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  16. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    When is the t70 back in stock please?

17. Tennisman

Tennisman Regular Member

I´m sorry not before october/november

18. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    S90 might be as good, do you have a wise adapter? I already have the wise.

19. Tennisman

Tennisman Regular Member

20. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    all I need now is some money