Fake Yonex shuttles

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by silentheart, Dec 21, 2009.

1. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Dear BCBF Members,

Please be very aware that there are fake Yonex shuttles out there. They are fair easy to spot.
    1) Missing the hologram sticker
    2) The tube colors are on the light side.
    3) The outer layer is easy peel off to show the brown paper tube under.
    4) Inside is foil, not high quality white paper.
    5) The sticker inside of shuttle, the YY trade mark is smaller.
    6) You know it once you hit it...

Again, the fakes are targeting AS30, AS40 and AS50 which is higher in price.

If you bought a fake tube, please notify your friends who sold it and not to buy from that person. I feel the word of mouth is the best way to stop the fake seller at this point.

2. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Good info, as it may actually hurt the image of AS shuttles if people buy them and it flies like crap and breaks easy!!

With the steep price increase YY has put on the AS shuttles (in Nordic they raised the price something like 25% and then tried to convince clubs to use their new line of duck-feathers!!! OMG ... ) It doesnät take a brain surgeon to figure out there is a profitable business opportunity opening up selling fakes for shady companies..

I think the problem is self regulating though...
    If they do not provide value for money people will not buy many tubes afte they tried a tube or so...

If they provide better value for money than AS shuttles, then YY is making something wrong with their value/pricing proposition in the first place .-)

/T

3. silentheart

Dear TB,

As far as I can tell, the Evil Empire is doing it's best to provide value for customer. However, Yonex want to protect it's dealer also.

Yes, the price went up because the stupid US gov keep devalue it's currency. That is the 15% of the game already. And yes, YY pay more money to get higher quality feather and secure supply, that is another 5%. So, yes, you prob over pay 5% per tube of shuttles...

Yes, AC is duck feather. But it is different line while other shuttle maker just switch or mix and still use same line and model number.

If your club can pull together a group order, YY price is actually not too bad as schools here is discovering.

But anyway, have a wonderful Christmas. Since you guys are much closer N. Pole, say hi to Santa... Best wish for you.

#3 silentheart, Dec 22, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Merry Christmas to you to!!

Mu club always do a decent orders of shuttles (maybe 500 tubes or so), and we where using AS-30 last season which I felt was great, due to Yonex huge price increase the choice came down to use RSL Tourney classic or Yonex duck feathers (priced about the same level as they peviously charged for AS-30). For the club it was a no-brainer, so now RSL classic tourney is used.. They are very durable, but they feel heavy and not so crisp to play with. Not very nice imop.

/Twobeer

5. silentheart

In a way, I wish I can cut a deal for you guys to stay with AS30. Call YY distributor in Sweeeeden and see if you can work out a deal on shuttle since you are ordering 500 tubes...

6. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

crap.. i just brought some fake 1s >.<

7. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    can you please post up some pictures so that we can determine counterfeit shuttles in the future? Thanks!

8. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

Sure, sorry i don't know how 2 stop the attached images from showing:(
    The tube with brown paper under:
    [​IMG]

The whole tube:
    [​IMG]

Actual shuttle:
    [​IMG]

Tube top the recycle label says 4 inside the triangle and LDPE in the bottom... dunno if that's the same with the real version:
    [​IMG]

finally the inside of the tube with foil:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

#8 milford30, Dec 27, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  9. Deathsticks

Deathsticks Regular Member

i think its very obvious from looking inside the tube

10. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    yeah, but its not obvious til you can open the tube after you've purchased it.

11. silentheart

YY use 0-5 for speed grade. if you see 75-79, that is a fake.

12. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

it is obvious from the outside as it's missing the sticker
    "1) Missing the hologram sticker"
    i brought it over the internet.. so nothing i can do about it... they're not too bad, if u steam it and apply the right pressure to the shuttles so that they slow down, they lasted just over one doubles game (we didn't smash much in the first game of course the shuttle path is messed up because it depends on how far the feathers are pushed out).
    then we used another 1 with no pressure applied to the feathers 2 slow them down, it wobbles after a few shots and basically most clears high serves went out.
    i really think if they glued the feathers at the right angle in the first place they would be pretty decent...
    ofcourse u HAVE to steam them

#12 milford30, Dec 27, 2009
  13. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

forgot to mention when u smash it, the shuttle flies up half way down the court, it looked pretty cool lol, my friend tried 2 block 1 and it just flew up and missed his racket lol.... sometimes sideways as well... felt like playing table tennis lol.... (this is the one without pushing the feathers pushed out)
    could be fun for beginners, even tho we weren't the funny flight patterns gave us a laugh, so it was worth it in some ways:p

#13 milford30, Dec 27, 2009
  14. sc540i

sc540i Regular Member

Fake Yonex and Aeroplane too

I bought couple Yonex tubes from eBay. The are fake as described here. Very poor quality. The feather would get ripped off in few strokes. The seller (Chinasells) is no longer registered in eBay as I checked today.. Their stuff got shipped from Hong Kong.
    I also bought one aeroplane (green label) from eBay reseller located in Texas but the stuff is shipped from Hong Kong directly.. And the areoplane green quality is not good either. Not the kind I had played before in terms of durability and flight. I've noticed the label inside the shuttlecock is peelling off in the tube. The red band label is not all shuttlecock. There are quite a few imposters out there.

15. ester2009

ester2009 Regular Member

Nowaday, fake items are everywhere. I always shop branded items from some larger or trustable online store such as Amazon.com, walmart, Atafa.com and so on. That may beat your budget a little but make you shopping safer.

16. baddycaddy

baddycaddy Regular Member

I recently bought toned aerosensa 50 online and I have a few comments/questions

Update: 3) no longer applies. Unless counterfeits have gotten better yonex no longer glues the whole paper to the tube, just where the wrapper meets.

4) in mine I don't have foil inside but just normal brown paper. Does anyone have a picture inside the tube of a real aerosensa 50?

Hologram however looks legitimate and is hard/impossible to peel off.
    Pictures will follow.

17. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Here' another site where you should be careful if not totally avoid buying an Aerosensa 50 shuttlecock because they sell what I think are fake ones: DHGate.com and seller is beijingfactory. Sales rep is Lucy. Is the tube supposed to have that Chinese Badminton Association logo???

Attached Files:

18. Daniel0327

Daniel0327 New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My yonex AS50. Anyone can comment? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. silentheart

20. silentheart

The as50 looks good to me. Bought in south east Asia?