Artengo Review

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ashwini.reddy, Aug 21, 2013.

1. ashwini.reddy

ashwini.reddy New Member

student
    hello Everyone,
    I wanted a review of Artengo Racquets. A decathlon store is opened up near to my place and they keep only artengo for all racquet sports. i am planning to buy a badminton racquet, but want to know how is Artengo...
    Please help!!!

2. soccerking888

soccerking888 Regular Member

where are u located in? I have loads of Artengo rackets, not a big fan, just that when I feel they are comfortable for my play, i tend to buy more. I have the 820P series, 900 series.

3. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

I bought 2 rackets of Artengo (750P, 800P) too. They are good value for money. Which series you buy depends on your level of play. If you are a beginner playing occasionally, then look for 8 series (800P, 820P and the likes). For intermediate level of play 9 series is a good choice, but with 9 series the cost goes over INR 2500 and it is not so much value for money.

4. soccerking888

soccerking888 Regular Member

I do agree with you that 750 & 800 series are more suitable for beginners. I'm currently using my Artengo 900P and 900A series, if I can recalled correct as I like my racket heads to be a little bit heavier so that smashes can be more powerful than normal. The execution of strokes would be much accurate as compared to the 700 & 800 series.

All in all, it's a good buy, coz Yonex & Li-Ning costs ridiculous expensive from SGD 200-SGD 400 for the good ones.

5. Albert_K

Albert_K Regular Member

Freelance academic
    Hello,
    Allow me to revive this 2013-4 thread. :):D:) Perhaps, this can be helpful to others around the world.
    I'm in Thailand, and just bought the racquet

Ar[​IMG] tengo 920 P. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wonder if someone can tell me something about this racquet, especially the string coming with the racquet.
    [​IMG]

What is the quality of the string? Decathlon staff on badminton were unable to give me anything about the string. Should I consider restring it?
    [​IMG]

Is 920 P as good as any Yonex or other racquets at all?
    *I spot no letters on the string*
    Many thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Albert_K

Albert_K Regular Member

Freelance academic
    Here is what Decathlon in Thailand shows about the comparison of Artengo & Yonex.
    [​IMG]

7. Calvin Lee Wei Zhong

Calvin Lee Wei Zhong Regular Member

At City Square Mall's outlet, they help you restring your racket for free if you buy their string and racket.

Albert_K likes this.
  8. Albert_K

Albert_K Regular Member

Freelance academic
    I did try the racquet with Yonex Nanogy 99. The result is quite different to it with the string with Artengo logo. With Nanogy 99, I love it.

9. Calvin Lee Wei Zhong

Do note that the BR960 series are being replaced by the BR990 series as the top high-end rackets

10. Calvin Lee Wei Zhong

If you don't see anything on the string then it's impossible to find out the name of the string.
    The 920P is as good/better than most Yonex rackets/racquets... In terms of pricing.
    As for performance you need to compare Atrengo with (other brand), or ask someone else.

11. AniChatt

AniChatt New Member

Geologist
    I am currently using Artengo BR920V which is a balanced one. After using this racket I am surprised to feel the quality and effort they have put in this racket. It feels so good and I must say it is much better frame wise then any similarly priced Yonex ArcSaber. I am so happy with this racket and Artengo quality that I have ordered BR990V which is their top of the line one and badminton shoes. It can hold much higher string tension than rivals.
    This brand is so less popular in India also where majority of the players have not heard anything but Yonex. Please share your opinion.
    Regarding the negatives, only one I would say is the quality of string. It is not good and should be changed to get even better performance. I have ordered some strings as well to give it a try. But this is similar for equally priced Yonex. My Carbonex 7000 plus deformed on its own and I have not changed the string or hit anything other than birdie.

steviehg likes this.
  12. Calvin Lee Wei Zhong

Their stock strings really suck.
    For the dedicated player, a stringing job is a must.
    28lbs is nothing compared to what others can offer. (35lbs or even higher)
    I'm also using Atrengo, with 2 BR900V Lite rackets + BST900 @ 20lbs.

steviehg likes this.
  13. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Not tried their racquets but their tacky grips are the best I've used.