BCA INDONESIA Open 2017 : SEMIFINAL & FINAL (17th & 18th June)

Discussion in '2017 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yes.it is Not the only reason that people dont like him but im sure its one of the reason.

Remember in China, when its most populous country and China open wasnt even Full or half Full last year with 4 of its players in the Final.

I mean in a way, China is good at every sport so whether China being the best in Badminton is just normal but isnt badminton the second most popular sport in olympic?

2. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Also because she earned loads of money today :D
    Enough for many luxury tours :p

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Wondering if China players or other nationalities players get to keep the Whole of the prize money? or do they get less(pay percentages) or get more actually?

4. Airos

Airos Regular Member

India and Srikanth had a great day in badminton.
    If only it was half as good in cricket.

Also, I knew it!
    Only Nitchaon Jindapol can beat TTY these days.

John I'm and badmuse like this.
  5. Airos

Airos Regular Member

They don't?
    I hope that they do.

6. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Or even one forth as good as hockey. India crushed our "unfamous" neighbors (why?) 7-1

Airos likes this.
  7. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

no way

8. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    every federation is different.

from one end of the spectrum to the other: china takes at least 30% which they deserve because they pay for everything. whereas usa and canada take nothing, because, like, they don't do squat for players. other federations have different deals which can be a flat rate for everyone or each player has their own contract. there is no standard applied.

#428 samkool, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Seven-day tiring tournament was over yesterday when Ahmad/Natsir ended title drought for host Indonesia after suffered failure at homesoil in 2014, 2015, 2016 edition. The Olympic Champion proved their world class quality to beat below-par Chinese opponent, Zheng/Chen with right strategy despite Liliyana Natsir is still in recovery process of her knee injury. World number one couldn't find their rhythm, error-proned Zheng Siwei and the fatigue Chen Qingchen contributed their setback in final clash last night.

Opening act, women's doubles fierce duel witnessed Chen QC/Jia YF took revenge over their Sudirman Cup Final defeat against current All England Champion Chang/Lee. The Koreans took a lead earlier at first game then Chinese duo raised the tempo and attacking more to seal the crucial game, 21-19. Then it reversed to second game when the Chinese committed so many unforced errors as Korean pair looked composed to force deciding game but Chen/Jia bounced back to stamp their authority to clinch third game convincingly, 21-10.

Srikanth Kidambi is back on winning track, 24 years old Indian beat surprising finalist and qualifier Kazumasa Sakai in two straight games. The Indian controlled whole opening game to outwit his opponent, Sakai started to attack in second set and almost forced extra game but Srikanth took momentum at crucial stage. Srikanth world rank will soar into top ten soon, thanks to his impressive result in back to back Superseries, SIN Open & INA Premier.

The mental weakness of Korean leading lady Sung Ji Hyun was exposed at final showdown yesterday, contrary with the underdog Sayaka Sato who has high determination and self belief to reach biggest breakthrough along her badminton career. Before the match began, Sung is clear favourite to top podium according to 12-1 head to head statistics and her consistency in this season but she wasted rare chance where all of her arch-rivals, Tai Tzu Ying, Carolina Marin, Pusarla Sindhu, Akane Yamaguchi have crumbled early in this bizarre Superseries.

Men's doubles final tie presented most fascinating clash, everything went wrong at early of opening game for Li/Liu before they tuned in to show real form with fast and furious attacking style. The Chinese should finish the match in two games if they didn't loose to control second game when managed healthy lead, 9-3. Slowly but sure the vast experienced Danish combination catched up and changed the tactic to steal second set. A close contest until the end, Chinese youngsters finally sealed top prize despite Boe/Mogensen saved two match point, 21-18.

Next stop, Superseries tour will shift to Sydney :)

nilesh123, badmuse, kwun and 4 others like this.
  10. Sigurds

Sigurds Regular Member

I just don't think you can take patent on being the most passionate crowd and also to say that yelling and boo'ing a player is a sign of passion is sad. I mean, he recieved death threats on social media, that should never be ok, but the indonesian journalists laughed when he mentioned it? What kind of culture is that? I don't want to argue this anymore, badminton is a beautiful sport and we should celebrate the good not the bad. I just hope this was a singular incident and the indonesian crowd/journalists will behave better next time.

11. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

This is Boe's post match presentation where he explains about all the queries raised by members in this forum. I just wanted to post it in order to clear the doubts.

12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well, if there is death threat then that is stupid. But then again can the tournament stop or will players stop coming to indonesia because of what percentage of fans said?I wonder if those people watch badminton at all. Hard to stop people from saying what they want to say, you know...

Im not sure yelling and booing like in soccer is wrong? that is not wrong at all. Fans have the right to support who they want to support, otherwise how they do it?

Nobody will care about what people said but people will judge about what he said and what he did because he is sportsman.

He should see himself in the mirror whether he is the one started all this. I'm sure he got jealous too if seeing kevin gideon SS hattrick,using all the cunning ways during and post match.

13. kok tong

kok tong Regular Member

Boe to Indonesian fan: "Go to school and get an education".

14. Sigurds

Sigurds Regular Member

Nobody said anything about not coming to Indonisia anymore..

I don't think it's right to compare badminton fans with hooligans! That would be a shame for badminton fans! Also, as you said, they didn't boo anyone else but Moe, so it stands out. But as he said, that is ok with him, but then the fans should also be ok with him doing a little celebratory dance when they win while a whole crowd hopes they will lose. I would've done the same I think. It was pretty harmless and teasing. But the reaction from the indonesian fans was too much. Have you seen his social medias? "**** you bitch" "get out of my country dog" "wkwkwk you suck". Such comments are everywhere. + the death threats which are luckily not as many.

And to say that nobody will care is obviously wrong, there have been many reactions online, from himself, and in the danish media.
    The whole "he started it" is a childish argument and should not be used in a civil discussion like this. And now I continued to argue even tho I said I wouldnt, oops.

15. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

Lol that sounds very much like "go back to india and buy new glasses"

I really don't think that's a very good way to try to diffuse the situation...... coming from a supposedly "more educated"

16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

When he danced , every one of the fans feel butthurt, but its not all the fans saying go home denmark go home(which i think is wrong too). so it makes the situation more worst.

Plus when you see what mogensen did acting like a child in front of referee, that is sign of disrespect (to umpire, whats the umpire fault?)

It is an unfortunate episode, a special situation to a certain player.

I didnt read that kind of comments in Instagram. He shouldnt have allowed commenting if he wants to diffuse the situation.

Still my personal opinion is it all started in singapore. You shouldnt carelessly attacked a nations player especially one as vocal as indonesia.
    Well, i think kevin wouldnt care one bit because he has got everything at his young age, just that fans will.

Shouldn't have acted like a hero just because you beat unbeatable pair at that time(which in my opinion is Not even unbeatable). Every pair can lose to any pair, it all depends on luck and the situation.

17. foliot

foliot Regular Member

You keep saying that he started it, as if he deserved the treatment he gets online. Just so you know, an eye for an eye defense is not valid in a civilized society.

18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

i'm not sure about the saying of death threats.

samkool likes this.
  19. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

20. Airos

Airos Regular Member

I don't think M Boe blamed the entire country.

Nonetheless I feel some fans need to take it a little lightly.
    They need to understand that players are also human beings.And each human being is a bit different.
    And they need to take M Boe dancing or C Marin screaming as entertainment.

#440 Airos, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017