Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

">
    Sorry!
    I think I would also go with the new color when was forced to make the decision.
    Did you get busted with import tax and customs?

2. Daniel™

Daniel™ Regular Member

cancer &palliative care male nurse
    Aw yeah! 70 € Tax. :eek: The green color looks poisonous.
    Btw.: Raquetforces Stringjob was not so fine. Got them with a huge difference. Ordered 30 lbs, got 26,01 & 14,33 lbs. :confused: measured via Stringster. String of one Racket already snapped after a big misshit yesterday.

Had a bit of bad luck with strings in the last few month.
    Tried: BGAS, Nbg98, BG80 & BG80P.
    Any String recommendation?

3. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

If you have durability issues because of mishits you should go for thicker strings, BG65, for example.

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

">
    70 EUR? Ouch, that really hurts.

Can't say anything about the string job quality of Racquetforce. I've only ordered unstrung frames so far. But at least they should know how to string - AFAIK they are the official Victor stringers for the Hong Kong open. But to be honest, all the shop string jobs I have played to date have more or less sucked. One exception: The one that I got from Squash Eric. That was a fine piece of stringing and possibly the most repulsive job I have played yet.

But back to topic and most important - how did the N9-II play? And just for the record: If you should ever come to the conclusion that you want to sell one of those beauties, the send me a PM before offering it to the big BC crowd.

5. Veldaga

Veldaga Regular Member

Tax Consultant
    I'm all in for some objective reviews of the N9ii and the N7ii.
    They look totally awesome.

6. pepe54

pepe54 Regular Member

To all N55 iii owners or users here: How do you rate the racquet in the heavy smash department and overall power? I am currently seriously contemplating purchasing one after having heard scattered reports of the N55iii being better and harder to handle in the above areas.

I recently came across some independent balance point and flex measurements of these Li Ning racquets and their amount of flex looks to be concerning. To put these flex ratings into perspective, I am currently happy on 55 and 56 flex while these Li Ning rackets above are in the 60+ range, with the N55iii peaking by far at 64. Perhaps there is an optimal flex amount out there That aside, the N55iii appears to be the most head heavy LN produced to date according to an official LN catalogue (in mandarin) but I have seen some very different looking racket matrixes from non official sources.

Also if there are there any N55 iii , N90 or N9 / N9ii / Kason F9 owners here, feel free to chime in!

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

No way is the N5iii head heavier than the N90. That was the heaviest LN ever produced...
    I found the N55iii stiff and unforgiving, with a stiff racket head that doesnt have a very solid feel. Overall the racket felt very hard/direct and not easy to use.
    In comparison, the N90iii was much softer, but head heavier, and the N80ii feels more solid and also a tad head heavier iirc. You can search this thread for my review of the N55iii, N80ii and a couple of other LN rackets.
    The N9ii is much lighter than the N80ii or N55iii and also more flexible.

pepe54 likes this.
  8. snowyowlegs

snowyowlegs Regular Member

Greetings everyone, been a long time lurker at this forum but never really registered. I recently purchased both the N99 and N9II, thought I would just share some thoughts to it.

Been playing badminton for ages ever since I was a kid (around 14 years?). I used to play competitively when I was younger and in that period the rackets I've owned ranged from Carbonex 8200, Armotec 300, 700 (original version and the Beijing Olympic 2008 edition), Li Ning N90, N77 and most recently N99, N9II. As you can probably tell I have a history of playing with mostly head-heavy and extra-stiff rackets :D.

Decided to buy the N99 and N9II as I felt the N90 was too unwieldly to play in doubles, and N77 lacks power (very head-light racket and lighter in general). Otherwise the N90 would have been the perfect racket for me, if only it was a tad lighter more. In general I felt I could generate more power with N99, although N9II is up there close to it. N90 of course generates more power than these 2 rackets. Weight wise they were both lighter than the N90 and easy to maneuver. Both N99 and N9II are head-heavy racket, but the N9II was head heavier than N99 with the N99 stiffer than N9II which I liked. The N9II had similar stiffness to the N90 and N77.

In terms of speed both I felt swing the same, and faster then my N90 and this is probably due more to the weight rather than the aerodynamic frame, airstream tech etc. My N77 was fastest of all.

I've read reviews prior to my purchase and many have said that the N99 is an unforgiving racket due to smaller or weird sweet spot placement etc, but to me it played no different from all the other rackets that I have owned or used. Maybe I'm not sensitive enough to notice small details like this. Most of the racket's head nowadays is an isometric shaped head and of very similar sizes to all of the other rackets in the market, so I don't see how sweet spots are different from racket to racket despite having the same size and shape.:confused:

Overall at the moment I'm really liking the N99 more than the N9II, but this is likely due to me not getting used to the N9II yet. Of all the rackets that I have I've never owned a racket that was as comfortable as the N99 to play with both doubles and singles, the N90 comes close....if only it wasn't so damn heavy for doubles :(

pierreyj, Orangbiasa, dave010 and 2 others like this.
  9. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

The new Turbocharging N7-II and N9-II are now available!

IMG_9644.JPG

dave010, decoy, Sunray7 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Sunray7

Sunray7 Regular Member

Hi everyone

Anyone know the reason why Li Ning rackets come in 3U but not in 4U?

11. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

They do lighter rackets, but generally not in their high-end 'N' range, with the possible exception of the new N7II light. Their 2016 pdf catalogue has their 'Windstorm' range as 'Superlight 74g'.
    But no idea as to why they don't offer 2 weight versions of rackets as other manufacturers.

12. snowyowlegs

I'd hazard a guess and say probably cost saving purposes, ie manufacturing only one version of the rackets as supposed to 2. And maybe they did their market research and figured out 3U is the majority of the market?

13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I've just welcomed my N9-II. @Rob3rt sold me his, so we have already seen a picture of it and there is no need to post another one.

First impressions:
    Awesome look and quality of the paint job. Looks even better in reality than it does in the pictures. Colors are a tad girlyish, but it looks so classy with the matte paint.
    Although I have to say that it's a close race between N9-II and the N99 for who claims the victory in the beauty contest.

With some cushion tape plus a G10 on bare wood and strung with LN1 it has a total weight of 93.5 g, head weight is at 41.5 g which is surprisingly light for a 3U racket that provides such a meaty feel on dry swings. Dry swings feel nice with noticeably more flex than a JS10, but still far from being a half cooked noodle.

Next session on court is on Tuesday so I will now need some serious amount of patience. Looking forward to that session big time!

Daniel™ and Rob3rt like this.
  14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

If your experience is similar to mine in the least, you'll be surprised by how easy some shots can get (mainly clears, drives), and with how little effort you can hit them - but it'll be a bit light on smashes. Very light in my case. :D

15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Lightness on smashes can't shock me. Long term JS10 4U user here.

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

One can smash with that? :D I always thought it was geared more towards in-home use....swatting flies and stuff

Rob3rt likes this.
  17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Some might call it "fast downward clear". :p

decoy likes this.
  18. snowyowlegs

To all N9II owners, could you please help me do a quick check to see if your N9II is the same like mine?

So I was comparing my N9II to my N99 and N90 by putting them side by side, on top of each other and overlapping them, and I noticed that N9II has a tiny bit longer shaft compared to my N99 and N90. I've attached a picture comparing N99 to N9II, look at the T-joint area and notice how they don't end at the same lenght?

Overall length is still them same. Can you guys please do the same and let me know if yours is like that as well?

Attached Files:

JOKL likes this.
  19. FahadM

FahadM Regular Member

Technichian
    Since u have all 3 of these, which one u liked the most and why?

20. FahadM

FahadM Regular Member

Technichian
    My bad! I see u already explained that on the last post. If u experience something new, plz share. Thanks.