Where to play social badminton @ around North Sydney / Chatswood / Sydney

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by pkng5, Aug 5, 2010.

1. pkng5

pkng5 Regular Member

Hey Badminton fans!

I'm new to Sydney, just recently moved from Melbourne. I'm really only familar with North Sydney / Chatswood & Sydney (and surrounding suburbs) so I'm wondering if there are any social badminton clubs available around the North Sydney ideally... if not, then how about Chatswood & Sydney?? I don't drive, only train, so... I'm hoping there something closeby train stations around. Please pass no any useful info you might have~

Much appreciated & many thanks,
    Peter

2. Exodus_My

Exodus_My New Member

Hi,

As far as I know, there are two club sessions in North Sydney Boy's High along Falcon Street, one on Wednesday evenings and the other on Fridays. The club playing on Wednesday 8pm to 10pm have filled out their membership but you can show up as a guest, bearing in mind that you may get turned away. You might like to give them a ring first. Check out their website at http://www.badmintonnorthsydney.websyte.com.au/

The other club plays from 8.30pm to 10.30pm at the North Sydney Boy's High every Friday. Just show up there at that time and you should be good to go. With regards to transport, you might need to take a bus there or take a 15-20 min walk from the St. Leonards station.

Alternatively you can play at Macquarie University Social Club. Both train and buses go there so it might be easier in terms of getting there depending on where you live. Their sessions are Thursday 6pm - 8pm, 8pm-10pm, Saturday 9am - 12pm and Sunday 3pm - 5pm, 5pm - 7pm.

There are loads of clubs playing across the bridge in the city such as the UTS, Sydney U and countless others. Have a look here: http://www.sydneybadmintonassoc.org/index.php?id=5

Just give them a go and see where you feel most comfortable. :)

3. Mariz

Mariz New Member

Good day. I just saw this post while looking for badminton clubs online. Are there badminton social clubs i can join near st leonards or north sydney area?

4. dione

dione New Member

5. Raymondo

Raymondo New Member

Hi I am also looking for a club or playing group/badminton friends/partners around (Sydney) Chatswood/North Ryde/St Leonard etc areas to play regularly (mostly in weekdays after 6pm and Weekend). I'm a advance senior player and still would not mind playing with all levels also.

Also as I'm new to the area, your help would be really appreciated on this.

Thanks a lot in advance

Rgds,
    Ray M ( Raym888@yahoo.com)

6. pgz5ecih

pgz5ecih New Member

7. Raymondo

Raymondo New Member

Hi all,

I am a professional badminton coach who can advance and sharpen your badminton game. I been coaching and playing badminton for over 20 years now and with all that experienced i could help to assists you to become a better badminton players in all aspect of the games. If you are looking to improve/advancing or just to lose weight, i can definitely help you to get there. I coach all background and ages and if you are a serious badminton players who want to improve your games, look me up and you won't be disappointed.

Personal Private Coaching (Any Age):
    Personal coaching offers a way to learn, improve or master your badminton skills. Whatever your level personal coaching from qualified NBC professional coaches can help you achieve your goals.

Group Coaching:
    Group coaching sessions are also available on session times only.

Group Sessions
    I offers a wide selection of group training sessions to cater for all skill levels. All sessions are supervised by me, @ $350.00 per term.

Private Coaching (Any Age)
    Personal coaching offers a way to learn, improve or master your badminton skills. Lessons are by appointments at $50 per hour.

To register your interest or for more information, please contact Ray on 0415 304 792.

Thanks

8. Cannot_smash

Cannot_smash Regular Member

Bag snatcher hahaha
    @Raymondo which NBC centre are u based on? Would like to know which days are available for group sessions