What do you guys think about new players having expensive rackets?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by derpyelol1, May 16, 2017.

1. Jeremyng90

Jeremyng90 Regular Member

anything that make you happy so why not ? But make sure you dont get those racket that very difficult to use , I saw some player that dont even know how to stroke but using ZFII , yes there ntg wrong with it but it actually will actually affect your game bcs stiff racket is difficult to use

2. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Wro
    I disagree, because today's light rackets r wayyy too light.... 60s grams?

3. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

"light" means "light to you" : don't handle the racket which is too heavy for you.
    For beginners, rackets are for developing correct skills / techniques. A particular technique / drill will be deformed while practicing with a "heavy" racket reluctantly. You can still correctly build your muscle strength elsewhere.

4. derpyelol1

derpyelol1 New Member

5. stradrider

stradrider Regular Member

Racket is important only in the sence that if you enjoy your racket - you will enjoy playing badminton more ;). No problem to buy an expensive racket as long as you get one that works well for you and not overly stiff/ heavy for your skill. That way you will avoid an injury that will force you to stop playing and therefore will be counter productive.

A good argument to start with cheaper racket is to take a bit more time to develope your own style before you know what works best for you. Ask friends to try rackets and notice what head heaviness and the stiffness they have and what you like more. I would say start with cheaper medium stiffness balanced racket. That way you can buy a new racket quicker and so you can adjust in the direction you like much sooner. You will also have an opportunity to grow with your racket and treat yourself with new buy to reward your skill growth. :)

Said that, make sure before buying an expensive racket to invest in pair of quality shoes... Shoes are more important than a racket in badminton - you are much more likely to get injured. Not able to move well with bad shoes you will play much worse than with a bad racket...

dave010 likes this.
  6. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    what do i think about players like that?
    Nothing.
    Everyone should buy what they like, everyone should learn their own lessons from their folly or just plain luck.

7. shreyas666

8. Poosay

Poosay New Member

Hello,

All players have a choice on which racket they want to purchase.

I have friends that purchase expensive racket when they start badminton and tell me that it would be a long term investment as they would not need to change to a better racket in the future.

On the down side would be that when learning the basics and playing doubles, no doubt there would be time of racket clashes and if it's an expensive racket ($150 >) you might feel a slightly stronger pinch compared to using a cheaper racket ($80 <

9. derpyelol1

derpyelol1 New Member

shreyas666 likes this.
  10. shreyas666

Lacks stamina metric. If someone can sort out that kind of parameter, it would be a benchmark. A great find, a learner can learn a lot from this. A coach can incorporate a lot from this. For Self learners, like my own self, this is pure gold. I now know where I need to work without entering and getting a drubbing in tournament. Now I can enter tournaments(if there are any) with much confidence.
    "Preparation is everything"