Victor Jetspeed 12 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ahren92, Mar 22, 2016.

1. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Your meaning abit blur in the post there, my bad.

2. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

BS12 were made in Taiwan.

3. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
  4. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

5. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

Could be due to Head weight. A heavy head will flex the shaft more, and a light head will not.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

6. terranerbana

terranerbana Regular Member

I have got my DE coded JS12 3UG5. Haven't played with it up to now but from the feeling it is head heavy. More head heavy than the JS10 3UG5. Can anyone confirm that?

7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Yes, the JS12 3U is significantly more head heavy than JS10 3U.

8. terranerbana

terranerbana Regular Member

Yes, and I would not rate the JS12 3U as a even balanced racket more. Clearly head heavy!

I am very curious and have to try it out on the court. Wondering why so many players have switched from even balanced rackets like BS12 to the head heavy JS12. As far as I know also Yoo Yeon Seong has switched now.

9. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

I don't understand why top players would want a head-light racket.
    Even balance I can kind of understand, but head-light from a physics point of view is not an efficient choice.

10. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    TBH headlight, even and headheavy are things which are subjective impressions of a feeling. It describes mostly how the weight is distributed. At the end it is just 4g which makes the difference. I would call a 3U with below 40g headweight as headlight, 40-42g as even and 42g+ as head heavy.

IMO top players are well trained athletes, their rallies are exhausting and attacking doesn't always mean to win the point immediately. Their game is more flat and at much faster pace than normal player experience. I also think that they can break anybodies defence of normal players regardless if they use something headlight or not. Especially in doubles I can understand the usage of headlight rackets. In lower level doubles the difference between attack and defence is a huge gap, gut for top-players? The gap is much smaller. Even during defence and at fast pace they can play smart and controlled with deception and creative.

11. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    Lcw jumped the gun? :p

12. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Ok, so I got a JS 12 recently but there's no TAIWAN written on the butt cap and it's HK coded. Is this genuine?

13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I'll just say no. Unless your seller and/or Victor HK can actually confirm it.

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

14. gavannn

gavannn Regular Member

sorry, back to this whole sinking grommets/cracking frame/exploding shaft problem

wtf?! is that even acceptable at all by consumers by and large?? if this is even happening to 100% authentic pieces then why are ppl still going ahead with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    By that logic. We should never accept the nanoray line in general then. They're infamous for sinking holes. Aside from the 900 and the Z Speed. I have yet to come across a high end nanoray that can even go 4-5lbs above warranty and not have sinks.

16. Nikeroshe

Nikeroshe Regular Member

So the Z Speed doesn't suffer from sinking grommets? Probably why Tago can take his to 35lbs and most of the other pros that use Z Speed take 30+

17. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    No racket with good material IME suffers from a hole sinking issue with reasonable tensions being done. But from what I've seen so far. Yes the Z Speed is quite a tank. But then again. The frame is a Voltric like frame. Not the traditional aerodynamic Nanoray frame. That alone attributes to It's reliability.

18. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I don't think it is just down to the material, it could also be the quality control/workmanship. I've had this problem with a couple of my BSLHI and BS12 where the frame was clearly buckling causing the grommets to "sink". However not all my BSLHI/BS12's had this problem.

On one of my BSLHI, the frame actually imploded on a smash!

I accept though that this is partly due to my high tensions, but it does go to show that the variation of quality is a significant factor too.

I've personally have never used the JS12 but if it is consistently showing this problem at tensions below the maximum recommended, it would suggest that the material they have used could be the main factor.

I wonder if this is the reason why so many JS12's are being sold off?

19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I've had the same BS rackets as you since they've released. Several copies of each all bought as different intervals. Different manufacturing batches and years. I can guarantee you. While I have had holes sinking. In all cases they only appeared for me after at least 1-2 years of use. I restring 4 - 6 times a year and it's always 28/30lbs. I've recently moved up to 30/32lbs but that's generally for the affected frames.

I've had 5 copies of the JS12 since it was released with the latest being only a few months old. Not a single of them have not had the exact same problem in the exact same regions within 6 months of usage. It screams of a material problem. Not poor QC or craftsmanship. If that were the case I think my one example of JS9 should have been buried, and I've had that one for nearly 2 years and the sinks don't even look as severe.. That thing has sinking holes in all 4 corners and it still keeps going. The saddest part for me about noticing these facts is that the JS12 frame can take 30/32lbs and laugh at it in the machine. But once you get down the on the court and hitting with it. It's an implosion waiting to happen. Something I've seen in the Duora 10 and 7 at high tensions. Similar sinking and eventually collapse within a year or slightly more.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

20. Babar

Babar Regular Member

What about the grommets strips people were talking about a few months ago, have your tried it and does it help ?