Tan Kian Meng/Lai Pei Jing

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by KingCantona, Jul 26, 2016.

1. KingCantona

KingCantona Regular Member

This new pair did very well in the last few Championship. Especially winning the Vietnam Open last weekend. Lai Pei Jing played much better now compared to the previous partners, including Chan Peng Soon when Goh Liu Ying was out injured.

I think they worth to start a new thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dangho and visor like this.
  2. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Agreed. I watched that vietnam open final. Lai pei jing is "fiery". The vietnamese crowd surprised me also. Badminton seems to be very popular there

3. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

And they win again in Thailand. Congrates!!

4. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Kian Meng-Pei Jing bag first GP Gold title
    BY RAJES PAUL

[​IMG]
    PETALING JAYA: Shuttlers Tan Kian Meng-Lai Pei Jing finally lifted their first Grand Prix Gold title.

On Sunday, Kian Meng-Pei Jing defeated Tang Chun Man-Tse Ying Suet of Hong Kong 21-16, 22-20 in a roller-coaster mixed doubles final at the Thailand Open in Bangkok.

The first game was a one-sided affair with the third-seeded Malaysians dictating the pace from the start.

The Malaysians suffered a drop in form in the second game and found themselves trailing 8-15.

But they won over the fans with their dogged determination as they fought their way back into the game to troop off winners in 39 minutes. The win was worth US$9,480 (RM39,380).

Said Kian Meng: “I lost focus in the second game and made many mistakes. Fortunately, I managed to find my touches again and we finished the match well.”

The 24-year-old Pei Jing was relieved that they overcame the intense pressure.

“I could not sleep on the eve of the final. I was restless and nervous. It was our sixth final this year and I did not want to mess it up with Kian Meng,” said Pei Jing.

“I’m so happy that we nailed it although it was not our best performance. We were lucky to turn the game around after trailing so far behind.

“Still, it’s a meaningful win for us. Finally, we have moved up a level by winning our first GP Gold title.”

The GP Gold is a second-tier tournament on the world circuit after the top-ranked Superseries.

In July, Pei Jing-Kian Meng captured the Vietnam Open title but it was a third-tier tournament.

The Malaysians had earlier missed chances to win a GP Gold tournament when they ended up as bridesmaids at the Malaysian Masters, Polish Open, Taiwan Open and Indonesian Masters.

Pei Jing said they would try to raise their level and aim for a Superseries title.

“We want to keep this momentum going and aim for bigger wins. It will be tougher in the Superseries but we will take it one step at a time,” she added.

Kian Meng-Pei Jing have withdrawn from this week’s Taiwan Masters to focus on three back-to-back tournaments in Europe. They will take part in the Denmark Open in Odense (Oct 18-23), French Open in Paris (Oct 25-30) and the Bitburger Open in Germany (Nov 1-6).

FINAL RESULTS

Men’s singles: Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk (Tha) bt Sony Dwi Kuncoro (Ina) 21-15, 21-16.

Men’s doubles: Berry Angriawan-Rian Agung Saputro (Ina) bt Takuto Inoue-Yuki Kaneko (Jpn) 17-21, 21-14, 21-18.

Women’s singles: Aya Ohori (Jpn) bt Busanan Ongbamrungphan (Tha) 25-23, 21-8.

Women’s doubles: Puttita Supajirakul-Sapsiree Taerattanachai (Tha) bt Mayu Matsumoto-Wakana Nagahara (Jpn) 21-12, 21-17.

Mixed doubles: Tan Kian Meng-Lai Pei Jing (Mas) bt Tang Chun Man-Tse Ying Suet (Hkg) 21-16, 22-20.

http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/badminton/2016/10/09/kian-meng-pei-jing-win-thailand-open/

5. SibugiChai

YAB
    Wednesday, 26 October 2016 | MYT 10:23 PM

Pei Jing-Kian Meng ready for Indonesia test in French Open
    BY RAJES PAUL
    [​IMG]

PARIS: Mixed doubles shuttler Lai Pei Jing can’t wait to take on Indonesia’s world No. 6 combination of Praveen Jordan-Debby Susanto in the second round of the French Open.

“The real test for us is against the Indonesian pair ... we are excited to face them,” said Pei Jing after she and Tan Kian Meng cruised to a 21-9, 21-16 first-round win over England’s Ben Lane-Jessica Pugh at the Pierre de Coubertin Stadium.

World No. 16 Pei Jing-Kian Meng had beaten Praveen-Debby at the Malaysian Masters in Penang in January.

“I always look forward to playing against pairs ranked in the top 10. Win or we lose, we’ll always learn something new,” said Pei Jing.

They are the only Malaysian mixed doubles pair left in the tournament following the withdrawal of Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying.

Peng Soon is undergoing treatment for an ankle injury picked up during the Denmark Open last week.
    http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/badminton/2016/10/26/pei-jing-kian-meng-ready-for-big-test/

6. SibugiChai

YAB
    Saturday, 29 October 2016 | MYT 6:44 PM

Kian Meng-Pei Jing hope to do better at Bitburger Open
    BY RAJES PAUL
    [​IMG]

PARIS: Malaysia’s second-ranked mixed doubles pair of Tan Kian Meng-Lai Pei Jing are hoping to end their last stop in Europe with a flourish.

After dismal second-round exits in the Denmark Open and French Open, fourth seeds Kian Meng-Pei Jing will take on Wang Chi-lin-Chiang Kai-hsin of Taiwan at the Bitburger Open in Germany next week with the promise of an all-out assault.

Last week, at the Denmark Open in Odense, they lost 16-21, 16-21 to China’s Li Junhui-Bao Yixin. On Thursday, they went down 20-22, 21-14, 16-21 to world No. 2 Praveen Jordan-Debby Susanto in the French Open at the Pierre de Coubertin Stadium.

“We played better in the French Open, but it wasn’t good enough to beat the Indonesians again,” said Kian Meng of their defeat to Praveen-Debby in the Malaysian Masters in January.

“We are moving better as a pair ... so that’s good. We’ve played in two tournaments in Europe and have one more to go ... we still have the energy. Hopefully, it will be our best showing.”

Pei Jing admitted that China’s new combinations would be the favourites at the Bitburger Open.

“It may be a Grand Prix Gold tournament, but the field is quite strong,” she said.

Top seeds and world No. 8 Chris Adcock-Gabrielle Adcock are in the top half with Kian Meng-Pei Jing and seventh seeds Wang Yilyu-Huang Dongping of China.

Second seeds and world No. 10 Zheng Wei-Chen Qingchen of China are in the lower half with third seeds Bodin Isara-Savitree Amitrapai of Thailand and Denmark's Mathias Christians-Sara Thygesen.

Independent shuttler Zulfadli Zulkiffli’s challenge at the French Open also ended on Thursday when he lost 15-21, 14-21 to Son Wan-ho of South Korea.

Wan-ho then went out in the quarter-finals, losing 21-6, 18-21, 14-21 to Taiwan’s Hsu Jen-hao
    http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/bad...-pei-jing-aim-to-do-better-at-bitburger-open/

7. mafan

mafan Regular Member

CCO of BAM (Chief Critic Officer) :)
    Woke up this morning and checked the latest results of the ongoing Singapore Open. It made my morning even brighter. Congratulations to Tan Kian Meng and Lai Pei Jing for making it to the semi-finals of the Singapore Open. Delighted to see that you beat the higher ranked and formidable Danish pair of Joachim Fischer Nielsen and Christinna Pedersen. Good luck against the Thais tomorrow. However that turns out, just keep up your hard work and perseverance and greater success will eventually come your way. Be patient and don't give up.

8. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Congratulations to them. I was wondering if they will win against Fischer/Christina but they made it in the end. Their hard work was not a waste.
    Let's hope they can win tomorrow and go to the final of SGN Open.

9. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

I am going down, specifically for lala, tml, with winnie the pooh

10. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

I sure want them both of improve their basic skill more than anything.
    They have done countless same errors since they were first paired.

11. chemi_12

chemi_12 New Member

I am intrigued to see whether the pairing of Shevon Lai Jemie and Tan Kian Meng would be more dominant, and bring their ceiling a level above what either of the two current pairings could do. I am really impressed with Shevon's ability to control the game from the back court, something that is lacking in Lai's game right now. This will probably save Tan some energy who often looks really tired in the second halves of games because he has to cover so much court. I wonder do you guys think about this.

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Agree with the above post.
    I was watching the final of the Thai GP and noticed that Shevon would be better with Tan as both are relatively younger, Shevon 23 and Tan 21 (if I am not wrong).

GSH was spent in the final and made a lot of loose shots.

Better to have a strong pair than two mediocre pairs.