Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. wetsvandal

wetsvandal Regular Member

I think what Jackie's meant is their served in general is high (racket above the waist) not only the flick serve. But there is already service judge for that purpose. If almost all service judge said it's ok and their opponent not protest and fine with it, why we bother to argue?

Btw I already mentioned it long time ago even since Fernaldi still partnering with Kido

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Exactly, its only Fernaldi's serve and he serves at least 15cm too high (above his waist).
    Difference when he played with Kido was that you didnt get to see it a lot since they were so ****, but since he doesnt play with an obese partner anymore, you see a lot more SF and F appearances from him.
    I find his technique pretty weird, to be quite honest :D

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Lol, yeah Fernaldi starts preparing for his serve at the lowest rib, but by the time he makes contact with the bird, he's raised his left hand by at least 6 inches up to the middle of his sternum. He does get faulted quite a bit but as j4ckie says, he should be faulted even much more.

4. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well, actually why you care if people serve high or low. they dont even gain advantage from the serve because of their heights(even if its illegal) who go and see each and every of their serve. mads and goh are loser.cant even accept their lost not happy bcoz got faked lol.

i watched sukamuljo & gideon match vs hoki kobayashi live at kuching perpaduan stadium. i cant see the high serve and he never got faulted. i think that thai double who beat angga ricky served higher.

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well I care about the sport being played by its rules, and serving higher DOES give you an advantage. I also care if a player/pair is noticeably unfair/unsportsmanlike, or if someone dopes....I want a clean, attractive sport where the rules are followed.
    To be quite clear, I mainly blame the bad service judges for this, if Fernaldi isnt corrected enough, why should he change his serve...
    I dont know why you keep coming back to the damn flick serve, nobody's talking about that. It's all about Fernaldi's serve and the low serve is just as illegal as the flick in his case.

Regarding the 'they still serve lower than player X' - a taller player has the advantage of serving higher, true, but they also have the disadvantage of the net being very low compared to their body....changing one element 'because it's not an advantage compared to XYZ' is just stupid.
    Should we make the net higher? After all that would give taller players am advantage, but its okay since they have the disadvantage when they have to reach low for a shot. Or because someone else is taller.

6. SpursIndonesia

SpursIndonesia Regular Member

Let's just leave it to the officials on the court, shall we ? These kind of debate is going no where. I am sure there is a review board of judges & umpires out there -or some kind of technical board of directors, that has discussed & is still discussing the questioned practices by players in official tournaments, it it's really a foul play, it WILL be called fairly on average, in the long run.

7. SpursIndonesia

SpursIndonesia Regular Member

I think it is more because of the taller AND athletic guys & gals playing other more height demanding sports, especially one that will support them well professionally.

i have NO DOUBT, that given good situation, coaching, & competition since early age, a tall AND athletic guys such likes players in NBA can be just as dominant playing badminton. Heck, even guys from the track & lane athletic sport like Usain Bolt & Justin Gatling can easily be great baddy players, cateris paribus.

8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Then i think there is nothing more attractive than watching kevin gideon play.

if everything is advantage or disadvantage hell even the easy draw of 2nd round of kamura/sonoda, chaibiao/hongwei and Li Liu is unfair advantage. stupid they dont even deserve that kind of draw.

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I really dont agree with that, more height means both more mass and a higher center of gravity. Only a few singles players are tall by European standards (VA, CL, Bao Chunlai was tall as well), and it's not because there's a shortage of them here.
    In doubles, there's a few more, mostly because the disadvanatges are not quite as important (shorter distances means the lower acceleration and slower changes in direction arent as impactful as the longer reach makes up for it a little), but even in sprinting Usain Bolt is an exception. He makes up for his slow start with a high end speed - which is all but useless in badminton because you never need more than 3-4 steps, so while tall athletes may make up for it in other ways or may simply be so talented that they'll still stand out despite that disadvantage, I dont think there'd be a domination of taller athletes even if badminton was more popular in the western world.
    Anyway, I think thats enough for a side discussion, I'll leave it at that and this thread can return to its original topic :)

10. joycock

joycock New Member

Can't believe they win again ! Thought that they will be exhausted in Kuching but seems that the force is still with them and beat the Chinese in second round.
    The power of youthness !!
    Rancak bana !!

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

i am at the stadium i think zhangnan serve is higher than thats why he make few net errors in his career.

but damn cheating is when chen qingchen and jia yifan doing fake two time , one person each medical timeout... thats so dissincere and dishonest... oh mooo even against the pity and bullied malaysians.. why oh why bwf. no wonder chen qingchen already win so many SS.

12. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Absolutely right. Chen Qingchen is so smart she fooled the medical guys. Faking an injury eh?

13. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    wrong. even with professional coaching for your whole life, if your body cannot do certain motions required to succeed in a particular sport, due to your physiology, there's nothing you can do about it.

14. seagame2001

seagame2001 Regular Member

CNC
    Why Gideon Fernaldi and Kevin Sukamuljo rank #2. Before they play India open they ranked #1 and they won India open so should remain #1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

its LiLiu vs Kevin Gideon again. kind of expect LiLiu to win they should have revenge in their mind and higher motivation however or because their last 2SS tour has been beaten by indonesian pair. another loss and i dont think the coach will stick...

I cant believe that they are number 1 in my mind they are quite fragile,if they lose another once or twice to the indonesian especially if again at world championship, i think they will be disbanded.i dont think china will stick for long if you are looking at doubles pair.. even when tangjinhua/yixin won 9 straight superseries in2014,they lost in 1st round of world championship and got disbanded soon after..(as a steady world no 1)

16. visor

visor Regular Member

Kevin/Gideon will win if LiLiu continues trying to play flat and fast.

17. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Simple. They didn't gain pts by winning the India Open as they were defending champs. Li/Liu on the other hand got like 6420pts. Bwf rank is accumulated of the last 10 tourneys.

18. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    Yes, gelopisan is absolutely correct, as defending champing no ranking point increase but for Li/Liu last year they exited in 1st round of India Open but this year they lost in semi-finals, thus they gained extra 4,200 ranking points.

FYI, SS semi-finals = 6,420 points and SS 1st round = 2,220 points.

19. esppy

esppy Regular Member

They successfully flipped the tables on the Chinese again! Woo!

20. joycock

joycock New Member

haha, they win again !! the force is a little bit late awaken, but the force is still with them.. amazing !! difficult to play deep and high, in the end every pairs fall into fast net drive play..