Need help choosing a budget racket!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Bornaby, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Bornaby

Bornaby New Member

Hi everyone,

My friend and I just started playing badminton, and while I already have purchased two rackets.. my friend is still looking for one. Since he is still a student, he wants something under $100. I believe he wants a lighter racket as well.

Do you guys have any recommendations?

Thank you!

2. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

I recommend any Apacs racket if you can get your hands on them. The great thing about these rackets is they're mostly all even balanced, 4U, and medium flexibility, which is IMO perfect for beginner to intermediate players. They usually go for $50-70 USD (try ebay), but the stiffer rackets will be more expensive $100+ but I personally don't recommend them (better to go with Yonex, Victor, etc.). The only downside is the colours and graphics look quite ugly.
    Recommendations: Edgesaber 10, Nano 9900, Nano 900 power. But to be honest, they all pretty much play the same with little difference, so the main deciding point is the colour and graphic.

If you can't get Apacs, any 4U racket with flexible to medium flexibility and a built in T-joint will do (Built in, not built in). Headlight rackets will feel lighter on hand and will be faster, but the trade off is a loss of power, so I recommend an even balanced.

Hope that helps!

3. badminton123

badminton123 New Member

Try some Apacs rackets.
    Apart from the colors are not very well-designed and the frame slightly vibrates when hitting the shuttlecock, I believe they suit beginners very well.

4. Victor68

Victor68 Regular Member

Hi, I recently bought a Yonex Duora 10 and broke it after a few weeks when I clashed with someone playing double. I friend lend me a Apacs Lethal 66 and I find it very good. It is light and true it vibrates a little on impact but it is powerful.

Where can I find more info on this brand and what are their range and cost? Anyone selling this equivalent or something similar?

Thanks

5. webbingmania

webbingmania Regular Member

For Apacs slightly light weight racket you can try look for Nano Fusion 722 and Lethal 6. Both are good racket for beginner/intermediate and doubles.

6. Victor68

Victor68 Regular Member

webbingmania, thank you for your quick response. the challenging part foer people like me is, within just 1 brand, there are so many series of models. while i am sure they are all good, i am not sure of how they feel till i try them.

having used the lethal 66, i know i am confortable. in fact i feel better than the more expensive Duora 10 to be honest. however, there dont seems to be any lethal 66 even when i do a Google search. the nearest i come across is lethal 70.

it would be great for those who are very familar with this racket to share what are the equivalent brand/model so that i can go and take look. in fact you need to hit a shutter with it to really know how it feels.

7. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

This could be due to the amount of vibration dampening in Yonex rackets. Apacs rackets feel more lively because you can feel the shots better, but that doesn't exactly mean its more powerful. I fell for this as well. For the first week I thought my shots were faster and stronger, but in reality, they weren't, I was just new to the vibrations. However, it could also be because you play better with more flexible rackets since Duora 10 is stiff.

I couldn't find a thing on the Lethal 66, so maybe you remembered the model wrong. Look into the Lethal series. http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?threads/apacs-lethal-9-lethal-10.102055/

8. Victor68

Victor68 Regular Member

This is the photo of the racket.

Attached Files:

9. Bornaby

Bornaby New Member

Thank you all. This helps a lot!

10. Zen Zi

Zen Zi Regular Member

Apacs Zziggler