Help a newbie out

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Mike Lim, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Mike Lim

Mike Lim New Member

Hi guys , i am new to badminton.. just started playing few weeks back and fell in love with it. Planning to get a pair of proper badminton shoes. Hope can get some advice from sifus here.

I am quite tall and heavy . I guess i need to get a shoes with better support ?

Whats the best i can get within rm300 budget? And which recommended shop too. Thanks in advance guys

2. shirod.nmbr

shirod.nmbr Regular Member

Not very experienced in shoes, but i can tell with rm300 budget there are alot you can choose from. You can try sportsdirect.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk

3. webbingmania

webbingmania Regular Member

Asics brand is one of the best badminton shoes around.

4. SpursIndonesia

SpursIndonesia Regular Member

For RM 300, i think the high end brand such as Yonex, Victor, Mizuno, and Asics are out of consideration (they have lower end line shoes, but IMHO they suck & not worth your money).

Li-Ning has some decent shoes on your budget (especially if you can get them on discount), Apacs is big in Malaysia, right ? Their shoes are decent too. Or get YangYang shoes, they have gel inside the midsole of their shoes, and the price should be within the budget.

5. Lyonn Loo

Lyonn Loo Regular Member

Human
    Go for older model yonex. Stuff like the older generation sc6 and sc5 are around rm200+. Do check them out. Yonex cushioning is definitely the superior one out there.

6. T.O.P

T.O.P Regular Member

Tall & Heavy. So I guess you got a big flat wide foot.
    You may try Yonex soft cushion series (SC). It's more suit for flat foot player, and never get SHB series, it's definitely not for wide foot guys.

7. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Much as I love you mate.... your beloved SC6 carries the product CODE "SHB-SC6LDEX".

Yonex SHB just means SHOES - BADMINTON.

In the same way how Yonex running shoes are SHR, and tennis shoes being SHT.

Don't misguide him pls.... :(

8. T.O.P

T.O.P Regular Member

Hahah.. I guide him towards SC series and not those tiny slim feet type like SHB01LTD type. This is not a misguide, just lazy to list out all of it. That's truth. I'm not explaining about the product code SHB either, I bet you know what I'm mean for it.

Friday smash you.

9. VSri

VSri New Member

As you have started Badminton, your foot work won't be that good. So you need to look at shoes that have a very good Ankle support as well as it must have a good cushion for an overall support.