Chances to meet players at German Open 2017

Discussion in '2017 Tournaments' started by AreYouEvenMad, Feb 25, 2017.

1. AreYouEvenMad

AreYouEvenMad Regular Member

First of all, I know that this is the 2016 forum, but since there's not a 2017 forum, I just thought I'm gonna ask here^^

So I'm thinking about going to the Yonex German Open. I've never been to a badminton tournament like that. Are there any opportunities to meet players and take some photos with them? I was thinking about going on Sunday. Are there any informations out yet?

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    If you go on finals day, then fewer players are around. Most who are not playing have already booked their flights away to the next tournament.

The earlier in the tournament you go (like wednesday, thursday, friday), the better your chances of seeing players walking around and asking for a photo.

3. AreYouEvenMad

AreYouEvenMad Regular Member

Well, unfortunately I dont have time to visit on other days.

Guess I just have to hope, I can still catch someone^^

4. Upquark

Upquark Regular Member

Java developer
    I was there yesterday. There are heaps of opportunities to meet the players. A part of the seats are reserved for the players, but I had no problems at all finding myself a seat there, though admittedly, sitting near one of the players who is a close friend of mine. But even besides that, the players walk around all the time anyway.

Just a tip: it's best to approach them after they have played. Right before games, you'll find them very much less willing to take photos with them and all that stuff.

On finals' day, things could be different of course. Good luck!