Yonex Duora Z-Strike 2017 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tw1nzor, Dec 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. phorge

phorge Regular Member

Aye. That's right.

For a right hander holding a normal forehand grip, you should be looking down on the black side of the frame.

For a left hander holding a normal forehand grip, you should be looking down on the white side of the frame.

2. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    I think it is not as prominent as duora 10 and duora10LCW. Yonex could have done better in the paint work of the inner frame .

3. esppy

esppy Regular Member

I'm mimicking holding forehand for righties situation.

4. phorge

phorge Regular Member

Pretty obvious when you look at the frame edge.

DUO-ZS_left_banner.jpg

5. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Aye Aye Aye, Captain Pedantic. No more link to check out?

What works for you may not work for everyone. Pretty obvious.... you should pass around the frame at your usual game and see how many peeps get it wrong from the get go even after you tell him/her. I've done that, 2-3 peeps get it wrong, need adjusting, and can't figure out for the life of them which way it's supposed to go. Needs re-explaining, no issue, happy to do that.

It is a fact that it is NOT as prominent/obvious as the other Duoras, period.

Since you always like to regurgitate information (I guess it helps for the lazy bunch that asks every time they see that same picture) and once even said I'm wrong without actual facts and I managed to prove otherwise, I'd love to see your explanation on the 2 profile comparison: ZStrike, and Duora 10.

Tell me this is not way more prominent.
    [​IMG]

6. phorge

phorge Regular Member

Easy there. Just trying to help.

If you own the racket you should be able to tell which side is which. It's not that hard. The black and white outer frames actually make it just as easy as the other racket.

Check out this picture that was posted earlier in this thread. These are the two sides. Not confusing at all.

Pretty obvious actually.

b09d701910cea0c10143c29afc708704.jpg

#386 phorge, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    smsdhi likes this.
  7. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

It's really not that difficult, maybe slightly harder to figure out (for me as well), but if you are actually willing to think for 1 minute or so the problems for eternity are over.

8. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Viktor Axelsen said in a video he posted on FB that the Z-Strike takes some time to get used to due to the smaller head, but he likes it so far.

9. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    The funny thing is, because i always played with VTZF2... (Picked that out quite randomly for my first racket).. Now when i use rackets with bigger head, it feels off.

10. T.O.P

T.O.P Regular Member

Zstrike not much different from Arc11. I'm more surprised that Axelson changed from BG80 to Aerobite string. The feeling very different tho. :eek:o_O

11. phorge

phorge Regular Member

12. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I'm actually quite surprised he didn't use the Lin Dan Force racket, it seemed more in like with the N90 specs than the ZF2 does. I mean all these top players try the rackets Yonex send them right? They might find they enjoy the new toy, so it doesn't mean a huge amount when a player is seen training with one.

13. phorge

phorge Regular Member

The VTLD-F compared to the N90 and VTZF2 feels like a bit of a lightweight. Somehow the solid feel that defines the N90 and VTZF2 is missing in the VTLD-F.

That could be the reason why our man has continued to play with the VTZF2.

14. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Yeah that would make sense, I haven't tried the LD-F myself but people on here seem to sing its praises. I find it a bit of a shame because I actually find LD a little less consistent after his move from Li Ning to Yonex.

15. phorge

phorge Regular Member

Aye. I think he misses the N90 more than he would like to admit.

16. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

LDF pales in comparison if you can handle a ZF2. Keeping things short, ZF2 has superior accuracy, and not to mention more power by quite the margin if you put it to test against an LDF.

Back to topic, Z-Strike is an excellent replacement to Arc11. Only problem so far is the time needed to get used to it. I still can't get over the two-sided frame thing. Backhand swings feel awkward knowing the frame is shaped differently, but forehand has excellent accuracy. Its my first Duora racket so..

17. axmier

axmier New Member

Has anyone try both Duora 10 and ZStrike and comment on the differences(no the technical detail but the feeling)? Is the extra stiff make any different?

18. T.O.P

T.O.P Regular Member

Zstrike shaft stiffer than D10. More solid feel than D10. Tension hold better than D10 as D10 got bigger head frame.
    Only you might need some time to get use of zstrike as it got smaller head frame like ZFII.

19. harsono05

harsono05 Regular Member

is that so? how good z strike for double game? i am an arc11 user and play mostly double.

20. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

Well its simple. Z-Strike has pinpoint accuracy on the forehand. For backhand you have a very quick swing so it plays completely differently. If you're a front court player you would find your forehand lifts almost always reaching the back court margins and your net kills really sharp. And if you're a back court player you can pull some good smashes just short of something like the ZF2 but leaning towards 3u VT80. I have 2 Arc11 in my bag and it seems like Z-Strike is just an upgrade in every way. The difficulty of handling this racket, while is overrated here on BC, the backhand swing speed will definitely be a concern for any first-timer to the Duora like me.

But that's the impression I'm getting from this racket. Opinions differ so you should check more comments out.