Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Morgan.koens

Morgan.koens New Member

hey guys,

I have been playing with this N9II for a total of 15 hours so far and love it. just thought i would throw up some photos so you can see the racquet in detail .

I would say this is a med-stiff racquet with an even to head-heavy balance. I haven't seen many reviews on it I would compare it to my Victor Jetspeed 12, the N9II being only slightly more head heavy with a hair more flex. It suits my type of play very well, it is strung with yonex BG65Ti @24lbs

enjoy the photos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Adrian Lim, Saru, Vivi Rayn and 12 others like this.
  2. benjaminlee

benjaminlee Regular Member

Hi! I recently bought an n9II too. However im unsure if it's real or not. Could u help me with its authenticity? Check out my posts

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

3. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Nice review! How is the swing speed? Faster than the JS12 3U? Slower? Comparison with other rackets?

4. Morgan.koens

Morgan.koens New Member

i would put them on an even playing field, N9ii seems to swing a tad faster but i can feel a slight bit of lag in the racquet do to it being a bit more flexible, I get more power out of the N9ii and timing doesnt seem to be affected at all switching from one to the other. i have quite a few racquets but the closest comparison would be the jetspeed

5. scps88

scps88 Regular Member

n/a
    I noticed that N9-II's sharp edge bends inside-out, which this differs to sword frame. I kinda buy this feature for less drag, but unsure if it may affect the frame while clamping for stringing as the edge is sharper if not the same as the sword frame.

Overall dry swing N9-II >= BS12 > JS12 but the former is the priciest among the 3. I wished that I can try N9-II & JS12 on court but unfortunately nowhere to be seen in my local club.

6. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

Here is a video of the racket :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. siongbing

siongbing Regular Member

I own all 3 n9ii bs12 js 12 and also n9. I found that. D victor n li ning are world apart. The li ning has more solid feel.both bs12 n js12 are lighter and morr flexible. N9ii is more weighted on the head somewhr thr 3 and 9oclock. N9ii has a lot more smashing power and control over js12. Frame spd bs12 is definately faster due to lighter head. N9ii frame speed a lot faster n more responsive compared to js12 as d frame is morr aerodynamic and stiffer ahaft

kakashihatake and Orangbiasa like this.
  8. selasarorg

selasarorg Regular Member

great pict!! compare to yonex racket, is lining n9ii more solid felling or less than zfii??

9. Morgan.koens

Morgan.koens New Member

I never really liked the ZF2 I find the n9ii a much more forgiving racquet. Both have a good solid feel when you hit the shuttle in the sweetspot, the difference for me is the ZF2 has a smaller sweetspot. IMO the n9ii any miss hits feel like they come off the racquet with a more solid feel.

10. ganandoor56

ganandoor56 Regular Member

Is there a 4U version too? Because my ZF2 and LDF are in 4U.

11. siongbing

siongbing Regular Member

I had a vf2 ld yellow 4u. I find that n9ii is lighter and more flexible than zf2 4u. N9ii is a lot more forgiving abd easier to handle. Also i found that n9ii is easier to control, back hand shot are so easy and shot are pin point accuratre. Defense wise definately hell lot eaiser

12. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    Well taken photos

13. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

Any update on the N9II? Do you guys like it better compared to the js12? Thx

14. selasarorg

finally i have seasson to find out this beauty, confrm tht n9ii is very different racket comapre to js12, I used to play with js12 before moving to n9ii, n9ii more faster swing than js12, stiffer and tad head heavier, i think its close to js10 than js12

15. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

Thx. So you feel it's stiffer than js12? I've read comments that it was the opposite..
    So basically, it's faster and more powerful than js12 with a bigger frame compared to js10.. It's like what every bs12 users are dreaming for!

vincemcoupe likes this.
  16. selasarorg

yes IMO its stiffer, but more flex than zfii
    better control and a tad more power than js12
    if you came from bs12, its maybe suit for you

pierreyj likes this.
  17. HenryY

HenryY Regular Member

I own the N9ii, JS12 4UG5 and BRS12 3UG5.

Head heaviness N9ii > JS12 > BRS12
    Shaft stiffness JS12 > BRS12 >= N9ii
    Frame speed BRS12 > N9ii >= JS12

My rating N9ii > JS12 = BRS12

I started out with the BRS12 and loved the fast frame and used it for quite a while. Cosmetically the BRS12 with the sword frame chips easily. One thing I realized is that smash power is a little lacking due to being more headlight. Seeing that the JS12 would be the successor I got one when it came out, the JS12 fixed the smash power problem of the BRS12 but the frame speed was reduced and the shaft got stiffer which made it not as user friendly compared to the BRS12. Problems with the JS12 is that the frame is not strong enough and the grommets are sinking into the frame at the 4 8 o'clock areas even under 26lbs string tension (be sure to look into that if you are buying used). After using the JS12 for a while I gave the Lining N9ii a try and immediately loved it (maybe it fits my playing style =P). First thing I noticed was the more flexible shaft and I was able to generate more power from backhand shots and smashes. The frame is also somewhat sharp similar to the bravesword series which gave it a quick swing also. Second, I can definitely feel a little more headweight compared to the JS12 but it still swings fast. Now, I use the N9ii for doubles and singles and am looking for a 2nd one as backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saru, justinloong, Herrscher and 3 others like this.
  18. white91

white91 Regular Member

Sorry to go off topic, how do you find theZF2 v LDF?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. Mony

Mony New Member

Hello guys,

I was thinking of getting N9II as my new Double racket, but still concerns over its playability. Precisely, I'm worried that fatigue can set in quickly since it is head heavy and my type of playstyle involved swinging the racket around a lot.

Does the N9II produce this fatigue over a decent amount of playtime ?

Thanks,

20. ganandoor56

ganandoor56 Regular Member

LDF is easier to handle and more forgiving. ZF2 I needed some more time to get used to it, but is still more difficult to play. ZF2 has more 'boom'. :) Sorry for late reply

white91 likes this.