MP99, AT700 or NS8000

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by cliff76, Jun 7, 2005.

1. cliff76

cliff76 Regular Member

Hi,

I'm thinking to get another racket and is quite puzzle which is to choose.
    Currently I had Ti10 and hope to get a racket which can increase my smashing and accuracy. Anyone care to give some comment about those rackets? Thank you!
    :)

2. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    That depends on your style. Fast swing player or raw power player? For what I know, Ti-10 is prolly one of the top offensive rackets and the only racket which power is on par or more is MP100 and Cab20L.

;)

3. cheung31

cheung31 Regular Member

I have only tried the MP99 out of those 3. I can tell you that if you have a fast swing speed, and proper technique, you can get both smash velocity and control. I have MP99 3u-g5 and it has done wonders for me. I find that being a wristy player, it helps to hit properly with the racket.

now the only thing is that i don't know how a ti-10 feels and works, so i can't help much except give you insight on the mp99. good luck

4. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

I think between the three, the AT700 would be out pretty fast. In my opinion, it was a pretty bad Armortec and well, the AT800 OF or DE greatly surpasses it. Infact, I think it's already discontinued but, don't quote me on that.

Between the NS 8000 and MP99, I would just try them out physically and see which one suits you better. They're very alike in my opinion, balanced, made for smashing except the NS 8000 should be more durable.

The AT 800 DE or OF should also be considered.

Is it not possible for you to demo these racquets at all?

All these racquets have similar attributes and it just boils down more to personal preference rather than facts.

What I do know is that Yonex rated the Nanospeed at the top of their selection charts for offense but, it may mean very little.

5. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    Just my 2 cents:

One key question is if you play singles or doubles, I currently still use my ti-10 2u w/bg-85 as my primary singles racquet as it definitely has alot of power and feels better equipped for singles, such as when I tried the similiar AT-700 3u w/bg85 for singles, but I like ti-10 better for singles. For doubles I am using mp-99 3u w/bg-68ti, I truly adore this raquet in fact I have 4 of them and trying to acquire 2 more...Its fast and has tons of control, power is only derived from perfect form & timing and is unforgiving in that respect, but if your shopping for one of these raquets that better not be a problem. I found mp99 and ti-10 to be totally different type raquets so there will be a good 2-4 week adjustment period. As for AT-700 for doubles, forget about it, it was just a nightmare to create and control swing speed for accurately power drives. I can't comment on the NS8000, but do you really want to spend that much money on what most of my friends say is just a little better mp99, unless you are planning to be a world or olympic champ, save ur money for birds or training, etc...Hope that helps. Also I've played with AT800 OF which is pretty good raquet at 4u w/bg-68ti though it was way too light and started causing me shoulder soreness so I stopped using it and went back to mp99.

6. cliff76

cliff76 Regular Member

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedbacks from some of you guys it seem that most of you still prefer MP99 than the other rackets in term of performance and price. Its seem that this racket is all rounder for both offensive and defensive, and both single and double styles of play.

Any you guys which think any other rackets that will excel better than those rackets I mentioned. Any brands also can? I hope to spend wisely on buying a good racket. Thank you!

7. alexg

alexg Regular Member

I have an MP99 and an MP100, my wife uses a Ti10.

The other day I tried using my wife's Ti10 and it made a lot of difference on my game (I played better).

Now I am selling my MP99, keeping my MP100 for backup and I will be buying a couple of Ti10, the opposite of what you are doing. :D

Can't you try those rackets from friends before you buy? You might find that the Ti10 is the best for you!