placing

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by JumpingSmash, Jun 6, 2005.

1. JumpingSmash

JumpingSmash Regular Member

how to improve my shuttle placing skill ???

2. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Have someone, possibly or a coach or friend keep a close eye on what you're doing wrong. You may go on for months, making the same mistake and it only takes someone to watch you play a game and tell you what you've done wrong.

Other than that, practice. Do the shots, over and over and over again. Just note, you're going to have to jot down mentally or physically, what you did wrong. Try not to let bad habits persist and correct technique whenever they are noticeable.

3. splitstep

splitstep Regular Member

IT Consaultant
    a more suitable racket with higher string tension helps with shot accuracy too, instead of having sessions when you get straight into games, practice with someone with just the basic shots and drills.

#3 splitstep, Jun 7, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2005
  4. Robin (SWE)

Robin (SWE) Regular Member

Student
    Place a basket or whatever where you want to place the balls at and hit it. Worked great for me when I started out. After a couple of practices its easy to imagine the basket or cloth or whatever during games.

Start big and go small. First try a shopping basket size object and sooner or later a colorful cloth will suffice hopefully.:)