Lee Yong Dae (LYD) changed to Yonex?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by crosslink, Oct 17, 2016.

1. crosslink

crosslink New Member

Was he changed to yonex? Saw him using yonex racket in korea national sport festival and its not victor bs 12 anymore and i guess arcsaber 11?

2. esppy

esppy Regular Member

visor and Cheung like this.
  3. crosslink

crosslink New Member

Dude chill, take a chill pill, i just read it thru, and idk how to delete this post tho,

4. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    I thought he retired totally?

5. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Like LHI, he will be back (terminator style) if BKA needs him. Such as Asian Games.

And his retiring essentially means not appearing in BWF sanctioned events as far as I can tell. He already expressed interest in CBSL, PL, DL, and PBL where the payout is higher and guaranteed instead of fighting for the champion in a SuperSeries event.

Far as I can tell, money is still flowing in through appearances, just not officially ranked ones.

6. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Let's hope not in LHI style, considering it seems like he has issues with BKA.

7. Mohammad Khairol Anwar

Hi ... Can someone verify this news ??? Owh my BS 12 ...

Saw this in Instagram ... 84988A33-8109-4C36-AD9B-1D0BF00F2946.jpg

8. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    haha.. thanks for the update.
    your bravesword 12 is not going to change in performance.

quite expected since Victor removed his name from all Victor equipments

so which racket will he endorse. Arcsaber 11? LOL or Duora 10.

9. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Hahahahahaha, as expected of ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha Tae Kwon. Everything came in line with what I predicted if this is true.

Expecting him on stage holding the AT800DEF. LOL

Funny how people never noticed Ko winning WC2014 using a BS12. While it wont change in performance, the crowd hype is going to disappear now...

10. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Hendra Setiawan has quit the Indonesian association recently, which mean he is an independent player now.

I love to see if LYD and HS would play together as a team

11. esppy

esppy Regular Member

The family with personal contracts but not in association right now includes Tan Boon Heong & Hendra Setiawan (after HK open).

Of interest is TBH mentioning the fact that KKK will retire after this year, and he was dabbling with the possibility of cooperating with a "world champion". By logical means, TBH will need a netter/setup for the front.

Both LYD and HS fits the bill as World Champions and netters, and appearing under a single brand certainly helps.
    Plus TBH has enjoyed LYD's partnership in the purple league, so gut feeling is a musical chairs thing, IMO.

12. esppy

esppy Regular Member

We have 3-4 weeks to go till he finishes his mandatory army training, then his Samsung contract expires, then........ welcome home, LYD. Hopefully.

It's been long.

[​IMG]

13. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

Well, I think if TBH meant a World Champion, then he would mean HS. As I remember, LYD hasn't won any WC yet. He won OG once, but not a World Champion.

14. esppy

esppy Regular Member

An OG is considered a world champion, afterall it's an international competition and WC isn't held that year.

What's more exaggerating is how China counts Sudirman & Thomas/Uber as a world champion as well. In Chinese broadcasts, Lin Dan is often announced as the 18-time world champion.

15. terranerbana

terranerbana Regular Member

No, it is not. The Olympic Games have too many restrictions which are in particular discriminatory. So from a rational point of view one would never count an Oylmpic gold medaillist as a world champion. The World Championships are much more tough.

16. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

Wrong, right and wrong
    Olympic champion=world champion. Explicitly stated in the BWF website.
    Yeah it is discriminatory
    People prepare even harder in the olympics than the world championships.

decoy likes this.
  17. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

^this

+ a SS(P) draw could be much tougher (on paper) than a draw at the Olympics or WC

decoy likes this.
  18. terranerbana

Then BWF is just stupid. How can they even compare those events... one is individual the other is nationalistic...

However, from a rational point of view: WC >>>>> Olympics

19. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Quoting me and saying I'm wrong when I'm basing off the explicit statement..... hur.

That's your PERSONAL view in which you use the word "rational" twice in which to generalize and try to make people convinced and buy in to your view.

So many people watch Olympics, even those that do not even touch badminton. While no one other than badminton fans watch the world championships that happens every year save for the leap year.
    Same situation with other sports' fans; they don't give a crap about us in a non OG year.
    And by the way, when you win an OG gold, you get personal glory and your country gets the shine too, you don't hear commentators going CHINA WINS A GOLD!! ITS ALL CHINAAA!!! without mentioning/displaying Chen Long on screen?

If anything, nationalistic would be Asian Games team matches, Sudirman, Thomas/Uber. I can't seem to find anything that suggests otherwise. These cups needs team effort.

Ever heard the saying "the world is never fair"? Going as far as to yank the ruling authority on the sport.... yeah smart move.
    In other sports, such as F1, FiA also gets the stick, but still, they are the governing body for THAT sport, like it or not, and hate it or not.

20. terranerbana

Yes this is my personal view, but look, at a WC the density of good players are much higher than in the OG due to the discriminatory Olympic rules. This makes WC much tougher than OG. How it can be considered as WC when a high ranked player / team can't compete and only because of his / their nationality? And in the Badminton WC you can compete in doubles with mixed nationalities - in OG this is not possible.
    These are actually rational reasons enough that BWF really should reconsider their decision.

The next point is that the OG was refounded by Pierre de Coubertin with the idea NOT to be nationalistic and to prevent nationalistic egoisms. Alone for this reason it should be allowed to compete with a team with mixed nationalities.
    The athletes are supposed to compete for themself and NOT for their nation. If an athlete wins a medal, the athlete wins it and not his country. The medal table was introduced by media to push the nationalism.

Yes, the OG have a much bigger audience, but what kind of audience? In Germany people watch sports during the OG which they normally absolutely don't care about. Why they are watching it? To see a German guy winning and to satisfy their nationalistic feelings. They still don't care about the sport. These are no honest reasons.

And yes of course, Sudirman and Thomas cups are nationalistic too. But at the least their core ideas were not rearranged as the ones the OG.