Victor apparel in the USA

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by VSiva, Nov 8, 2016.

1. VSiva

VSiva Regular Member

Hello

I wanted to buy Victor team shirts here in USA but having a hard time finding someone who sells here.

Do you guys know of authorized retailer who stock Victor apparel here?

Is it recommended to buy off ebay? Do I have to pay customs when the package lands over here? Finally are there any reliable overseas seller with a good price?

Sorry for the multiple questions - I haven't purchased anything from overseas so not sure of the whole process.

V

2. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

Try this victor

:D

#2 BadmiCat, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    ein_roboter likes this.
  3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I don't know about shops in the US, but if ordering from Asia is an option for you, then I can highly recommend www.Racquetforce.com. They offer what seems like the complete range of Victor apparel and provide a good customer service in case you have any questions or special requests. I have ordered from them a couple of times, not a single complaint yet.

4. VSiva

VSiva Regular Member

^ Mair, thanks for your reply. I checked Racquetforce they seem to be genuine sellers, carry Victor catalog and promptly replied to my questions. However they did not offer any discount whatsoever of the prices.

Then I stumbled upon directbadminton from UK (through Coach Paul's facebook post some time ago). Very good collection (most sizing options available) and they answered most of my questions. One big plus - they were offering "delicious" discounts on the Realdeal and Victor Korea collections. So I went ahead and ordered with them - had the items in the cart for a whole day before clicking dreadful buy button :). Just hoping that I won't have any issues with the sizing (first time buying Victor) and the need for return hassles. Most surprisingly (pleasantly at that :) I was not charged VAT when I made the payment (but there was a VAT of almost $35 shown in the previous screen). Later reading on the internet I found that for things that are being shipped to the US from UK doesn't attract VAT.

Now keeping my fingers crossed that I will have a smooth delivery through customs and such. Will post later on the shipping experience and product quality. Can't wait for the new set of apparels!!!

PS: I do not intend to market for either of the above two websites, just happened to spend good amount of time researching on the two websites and so thought it would be useful for others to write it down.

V

s_mair likes this.
  5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

With the post-Brexit drop of the GBP it's currently so attractive to shop in the UK. Fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly with customs and such.

6. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    Can OP please update us how the transaction went? Also, what's the % cost spent in shipping & handling as well as custom? When you talk about discount, are you talking about larger quantity discount (e.g. over $100 or maybe over $200 purchase)? I'm also looking for a source for badminton apparel, either Victor, Yonex or Li Ning is fine. Other brands are fine too, as long as the design is appealing.

Would also be good if you could shed some light on sizing. E.g. how does it compare to U.S. size?

7. VSiva

VSiva Regular Member

I wanted to write on this but didn't have the time in the week.

In fact the transaction happened very well and was very fast. Package was shipped from UK on 21st and was delivered at my doorstep on 23rd. I was quite surprised by this. There was no customs duty; I guess for clothing less than $200 there is nothing that gets levied on the package (that's what I read on the internet). Shipping was about $42 on a $176 order. No special discounts, it was whatever available on the website which I found was better than Asian websites (especially on the Victor real deal collection which I was looking to buy). The shipping charge was offset by the fact that there was not VAT (for exports into USA).

In short I was very impressed and will do it again if my order was sizable (over $150). Hope this helps.

V

8. breezer7

breezer7 Regular Member

this post might be late but the club where i play here in LA is an authorized reseller of Victor products.
    they have all the latest racket shoes and bags.

http://www.badmintoncentercourt.com/