Yonex SHB Aerus 2

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by fiq_axis, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Nightbird

Nightbird Regular Member

A guy in our club had rips on the upper part in few weeks. I don't think they are durable at all. Unsure about the Aerus 2 as well unless it gets tried and tested.

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    for those who's played in these new shoes, could you please give me a brief comparison between these and the shb101, or LD Hero 2, or pc02? thanks in advance.

#22 gundamzaku, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  3. robinc

robinc Regular Member

Awaiting for mine to arrive.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

4. robinc

robinc Regular Member

[​IMG]

Just receive today.

5. bdmtfreak

bdmtfreak Regular Member

Seems like the aerus 2 is more robust with the stitches at the front of the shoe. Hopefully the tears won't happen to this model as it did the first aerus.

6. esppy

esppy Regular Member

I'm amazed you paid the exorbitant price they asked for it. I hope you applied a 10/15% discount code to it.

The same price I can get a JP code version. Not being a code whore, but might as well. haha.
    Anyway,s, enjoy the shoe bro, the side lunging has been reinforced by a lot by Aerus standards..

7. robinc

robinc Regular Member

Different stroke for different folks. For a sports i have passion in, i am willing to invest in a bit more. I'm not into code. As long as the product live up to expectation i'm fine.

Durability is unknown at the moment but compare to aerus 1, aerus 2 appeal to me more.

8. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    I am a big fan of aureus 1. I could feel it gave my game am adrenaline boost. Got a good grip on the court in awkward positions, which my previous shoes lacked. I guess i'll stick to aureus series for now. Cant wait to try aureus 2. Aureus 1 are still doing fine and would use them alternately. Wish they had some non flashy colors too.. Got trolled many times for the flashy orange aureus 1 :)

9. Gomit

Gomit Regular Member

So? Is it good?
    The colours is...hmmm,
    The ladies version better imo

10. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Dont know if its the same for Aerus2, but I heard the cutting for the foot is narrower for ladies version in Aerus1.

So while I was considering the colors since my size falls into both male and ladies size range, the cutting mentioned made me think twice...

11. Gomit

Gomit Regular Member

I see...i'm hunting for a new badminton shoes my self and so far aerus 2 is on top. Im wearing my jogging shoes for now.

12. robinc

robinc Regular Member

Well, to me it is good as it is an upgrade.
    Frankly speaking, i don't own a lot of badminton shoes for comparison. When i was active, there weren't all these fancy shoes around. Now i am back on this sports again, there are so many options to choose from. To be fair, i have yet to wear this pair of shoe on court yet. The game is scheduled for tomorrow. Only then i will have a better idea how this shoe perform against my current low-end yonex badminton shoe. But i have a good feeling on this pair. It got to be. It is 3 times more expensive you know.

For the few minutes the shoe goes on my feet (with socks), i feel it is more difficult to slip into it perhaps because i have to loosen the shoe lace at the tongue in order to wear the shoe. More time required to wear this pair of shoe, not a big issue to me. This model provide better ankle support as there is thicker cushion around the collar and when you tighten the shoe lace, it wrap around your ankle. For a moment, i feel the shoe looks ugly on my feet as it kind of swell giving me an impression that i have a fat feet. But then, who cares, i'm not wearing it to impress the ladies.

When you hold the shoe on your hand, it definitely feel lighter than my existing shoe. But base on feeling, it seems slightly heavier to Aerus 1, which my hand tells me is super light when i first hold it. Again, it doesn't bother me, i won't be flying on court even when it is light.

My initial concern is the width of the shoe but the round sole and toe assist shape as shown in yonex website convince me to give it a go. As the saying goes, the rest is history. It is slightly narrower than my ergo shaped shoe but doesn't give me any discomfort when my feet is inside for that few minutes. I hope after tomorrow i can give a call to my mum to thanks her instead of complaining to her why she gave me a wide feet.

For the three layer of power cushion, i was hoping to be bouncing like an egg demonstrated in yonex power cushion video but it never happen. However, within that few minutes in the shoe, launching forward and landing on my heel first, i think my heel, my weak knee and my lower back will thanks me for this shoe. The cushioning effect is way superior than my one layer power cushion shoe.

The durable skin light feel premium and pretty nice to touch and i reckon it also contribute to the high price of the shoe. Again this can be overlook as no one is going to keep touching the skin of a shoe like a magic lamp.

Most of my badminton shoes were mainly in white. This is my first time owning a colourful badminton shoe and i think it is a good change. I'm not particular about the colour scheme as long as it look generally decent to me. Deep inside me, i wish there are ladies looking at me, if that happens i want them to look at me and not the shoe. Ain't giving any chance to the shoe to outshine me.

I will be enjoying my shoe and i hope you will too. Happy playing badminton!

#32 robinc, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    lostLore likes this.
  13. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    HAHA.
    Nice One.

14. nobleman

nobleman New Member

Thanks robinc.

Will be good to hear about some longer term use of these. My toes on my forward lunging feet tore through the front of the uppers on my Aerus 1 (yes the shoe was the right size!). From the pictures it looks like that would be addressed otherwise it's a lot money shell out for just another few of months usage!

15. Cyrox

Cyrox New Member

Hey! Bought the Aerus 1 and while they are super light and quick, the lack of support around the toes makes them bleed after a long game, so I have to tape them beforehand... If anyone has tried the Aerus 2 a couple of time, do they have more supporting fabric around the toes? Thanks alot. :)

16. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    The shoes made your feet bleed? Jesus christ change shoes

17. Gomit

Gomit Regular Member

Sound like aerus 1 is a total failure

18. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Looks like I am the only one who is happy with aerus 1.

19. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Dropping the model after only 10months in production.... says a lot.

20. robinc

robinc Regular Member

You probably has to wait for awhile. I have a good feeling that this pair of shoe is going to last quite awhile.

Currently, i play between 2-3 session per week. And only wear the shoe on court.