E-Link Sports, Singapore, Chris Aw

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by aramistuscany, Jun 16, 2009.

1. mybeareagle

mybeareagle Regular Member

It also up to the availability of that racket model. Maybe when you claim it, the spec of the racket, eg 4u already stop production. Then the manufacturer replace 3u for you. You can't compare to what still have in the local shop. Because those stocks are they pay and get it to sell. You are consider lucky still can get replacement.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    You create an account just to slander a man when you don't even know understand how the claim process works in badminton. I'm sorry but I'm hard pressed to find your complaint credible at all.

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Double post oops~

4. jameslinux

jameslinux New Member

I may not know the exact process of warranty replacement for badminton rackets. I did however consulted a reputable badminton shop on this process. I showed them the picture of the damaged racket and they said they have seen this before and it would definitely be under warranty replacement. I was also told there wouldn't be a charge to ship my racket back, as it's part of their service to their customers.

@mybeareagle, the replacement racket was not just 4U to 3U, but a completely different racket that was used and chipped. Really, I was lucky to get a replacement, so what's the point of the warranty replacement?

Also, what would I have to gain from posting this? It's not like Chris will give me the new replacement racket. You don't have to believe me, I just want to forewarn others before making a purchase from this dubious shop. I did ask Chris for his rebuttal and still waiting.

5. mybeareagle

Maybe you are unlucky.. So far i haven't claim any racket yet...

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

6. awchris@singnet

awchris@singnet Regular Member

SPORTS RETAILOR
    You came to me for claim for your BS12L in June.After I examined it ,I told you that it was over tension by your previous.
    Stringer.I told you cannot be claim.But if it was a manufacturing fault,i will make a claim for you at no expense.I suggested that if you willing to pay a $15 for me to send back to Taiwan,the chances is very high.You paid me $15.The racket came back to me in end September.But unfortunately,they send me the new claimed racket back with the wrong model(BS12N).The racket is Brand new unstrung,original handle wrap intact ,bear that in mind.Except a small chip at the 6 O"clock.I even showed you the return slip,but I cannot give it to you.That is for my reference.You were not happy.But it also not my fault that they have sent a wrong model.My Suggetion to you at that time are 1) Take and sell away.2)send back for another replacement(at your own expense.3)Exchange with me for BS12L (with string and grip).But must top up $50,reason I told you, your BS12N cannot be claim a second time,when I sell, I have to inform my customer,as such I have to sell cheaper.The $50 with string and grip already $20++ dollars. You rejected my offer ,and ask for a Victor 2 in 1 racket bag to close the case.I gave it to you free.And you walk away with the BS12N and bag.This is the whole story,in case you have forgotten.Anyway bear in mind,the Claim New Racket was New ,but unfortunately a small chip at 6 O;clock.It is not you said,a used racket and I exchange the racket from your.Moreover BS12N is slightly higher value than BS12L.Victor Company will never,and had replace a claim racket with a used one.Gd Morning .Tks

7. mybeareagle

Really long story.

8. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    You think a dubious shop can actually survive for more than a decade doing business in Singapore? Considering how our sport relies more on word of mouth to make sales compared to advertising online. You need to wake up your own idea. Your own story has more holes and you won't admit it. No racket manufacturer, much less one of the big 3, will ever replace a claim with a damage item. That's just not done. Now that Chris has said his piece. I eagerly await YOUR rebuttal.

9. mybeareagle

If want to complain here, then don't take any compensation... take free bag still complain?

10. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    lol take the benefits then complain

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

11. Thrustspeeds

Thrustspeeds Regular Member

You said you have consulted a reputable badminton shop by showing them just by pictures? Wow! I'm impressed! Do they really know what is the causes the racket damaged just by looking picture? Actually the truth is your racket damaged is cause of OVER TENSION by PREVIOUS STRINGER, another words the damages is due to Human Factor not manufacture defects. Still want to request one to one exchange for free? The fact is, you already knew the damaged is caused by you and you are just trying your luck, aren't you?

12. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Ya better get your facts right , before pin point on Chris !

13. jameslinux

jameslinux New Member

Which manufacturer would send back a different and chipped racket as a replacement? Also, why wouldn't you let me take a photo of the returned slip from the manufacturer? I've moved on but just want to forewarn others before buying from this shop. Btw, I gave away the bag as compensation to my friend who was patiently waiting outside for over 30 minutes.

14. leejunlong999

student
    how are u so sure the chip is by the owner or the company? are you neglecting the fact that the replacement came overseas? delivery process includes the risk of damaging when the racket was on its way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. adrian siswanto

adrian siswanto Regular Member

No one cares if your friend was waiting outside for more than 30 minutes, the point is, if you want to complain, dont take any compensations. Stupid.

16. jameslinux

jameslinux New Member

Chris can simply post the returned slip from Victor and that would settle any further questions, but I bet he won't.

Just because I took the useless bag from him, doesn't mean I don't have the right to complain. If I gave the bag back, you think Chris will give me the right racket, I don't think so. The only reason I took the useless bag was because Chris was not willing to do anything more without me paying him $50.

Most of you that's defending Chris should know I have bought 4 high end rackets ($180+ each) from him in the past 1.5 years and have referred friends to buy from him. I had no issues with him prior to this.

17. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    All shops have their own hardcore supporters. Guess the issue here was the holding back of information that gave rise to the assumption that you are painting Chris to be the crook and you to be the victim.
    Might be easier to keep an open mind and treat this as a learning experience, from the issue of poor stringers that cause the frame to sink in to purchasing non local warranty rackets.

18. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Hey Chris, I just sent you an email regarding the Onigiri I purchased from you last week that arrived here in Australia today. Please respond as soon as you read this or receive the email. Tks.

19. leejunlong999

student
    such information is to is own reference,why are u demanding him to show it in the first place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Mike Leong

Mike Leong Regular Member

Consultant
    If Chris was to simply just show the returned slip from Victor showing that Victor did in fact send a replacement of different model for
    replacement then all this could have been avoided.
    I myself have bought rackets & accessories from Chris and found that Chris & Elaine are fine, no problem whatsoever which
    is why i found it strange that OP was having problem with Chris.
    On my recent trip back and been in same group as OP when he brought up the above, it was me who suggested to him to post here as there'e this link about Chris & shop here.