Victor Jetspeed 12 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ahren92, Mar 22, 2016.

1. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

Some may disagree with what I think but I think the js12 and the tk9000 are actually similar. Slight trade off from power to speed. However, it's easier for me to get power from the 12 than it is to speed up the 9000. I have both in my bag and alternate between the two with little difficulty. 9000 flexes a slight bit more IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Any Malaysians here with JS12 can tell me where you bought yours?KL area other than Far East the distributor, much thanks ! I'm seriously not seeing any shops carrying victor products around, might be just me for not traveling around much tho.

3. jctai

jctai Regular Member

The only shop that I know that carries JS12 in KL area is AJ racket mart in Puchong. But they too have stopped restocking it after FarEast planned to jack up the price again. So unless they're getting it from Singapore, they won't take in anymore JS12. Furthermore, all their first batch of JS12 is at least 92grams without strings at 3U. If you're looking for a 4U in Malaysia, your choice would be Honly in JB.
    You are right about shops stopped carrying Victor products, it is not an illusion. FarEast the distributors of victor sports in Malaysia, has been jacking up prices of their products nonstop ever since Malaysia national team signed the sponsorship deal with them. They have the audacity to sell SW35 and BS12's old TW coded stock (the whole code read MY*TW*######) at rm450. So it has never been a question in my mind fewer and fewer shops are going to stop carrying Victor's stuff all together. Even racket shops that started as a Victor authorised retailers has stopped dealing with FarEast because retailers simply couldn't move (sell) their Victor products at such a ludicrous price. Now with Li Ning Malaysia basically none responsive to retailers, Yonex are getting all the dough in Malaysia market. Please note this is a criticism at FarEast, not Victor.

Takamsda and soulsync like this.
  4. Lyonn Loo

Lyonn Loo Regular Member

Human
    U could try racquet world at pertama complex. I usually get my stuff there n d service is top notch. D guy called ah kit is a rather friendly chap too.

5. Alfredhpv

Alfredhpv Regular Member

Accountant
    Thanks for sharing :)

6. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Very insightful, thanks for the input! I've been to Far East once and had a so-so experience mainly due to the fact that the shop is pretty small ( I know.. it's supposed to be a distributor), as I'd much prefer if if the shop has a decent space for me to take my own sweet time looking through the products instead of being 'pressured' by being looked at, if you get what I mean.
    Have been interested in getting 1 BS12 too, surveyed around and it's approx RM500, which is quite absurd considering it's such an old-model (probably out of production,too). Definitely ranks up there in terms of price vs age ratio among other rackets.
    Yep, the average consumers (take my parents, for example) wouldn't have even know what Victor is before they signed a sponsorship deal with the Malaysian team. Agree, top-end models for Yonex are approx. RM5XX here and for Victor, take JS12 for example, probably about RM6XX? They'll definitely have a hard time selling them off as I'm pretty sure Yonex is still the more highly regarded brand here.

Noted, thanks so much :) !

#666 Satoshi, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  7. jctai

jctai Regular Member

I know what you mean with the staff from FarEast, they're hawking you. If you had visited their booth during the Malaysia Open at both Putra Stadium and Stadium Melawati, you'll find that those people have no freaking clue how to sell their stuff. They don't know how the racket plays, they couldn't differentiate HX800 power and control edition, they have to ask their boss how much everything cost or how much discount they could give (virtually none). All they want to tell you is which player use which racket, which is useless to me because I freakin' know already. I pity some of the staff there because it's highly possible they were given little to no training on Victor products.

I sidetracked a lot so I'll give a bit of my experience with JS12. To me, JS10 4U is a much better racket. I've tried 68Ti, NBG99, Ultimax+Aerosonic, Aerobite on my JS12 and yet I couldn't perform with it like my JS10. The JS12 is duller than JS10 and the balance to me is odd, I felt the weight was concentrated on the shaft more than the head. The frame of the racket feels soft, might be the new TERS that was newly added into it. Flat exchange, pushing and driving were great but I could do the same with JS10 and hit harder from the back with JS10. The racket was strung by the same stringer so I doubt string consistency is an issue here. I understand that a lot of people really like this JS12 but I have to say that if you have JS10 and really like it, don't jump the gun without trying JS12 first, JS12 is not an improvement over JS10, they are different rackets. However, if you have a lot of money to spend then by all means go ahead.

8. tralalala

tralalala Regular Member

Not really the same, JS12 is definitely more head heavy and it's a tad more flexible than NR900. It took me sometime to get used to the flex of the racket as all my other rackets are pretty stiff (NR900, DUORA10 and Arc11)

Do you mean NR900 instead of NR9000?

JS12 is my first Victor racket (I've been a Yonex fan until I am sold by the stellar review of JS12) and will definitely not be the last as I'm very impressed with the built quality of the racket and also how it handled during games.

#668 tralalala, Sep 26, 2016
    selasarorg likes this.
  9. |v@n

|v@n Regular Member

Far East Victor as the official distributor in Malaysia is most disappointing to say the least. They lack product knowledge and only know how to hawk their products based on the international players using it. Had a totally bad experience purchasing from them. they renegaded on an agreed price for my BS12 4U. I even showed them the agreed price on my phone but they basically just told me to take it or leave it as there are many other in line for the racket. the worst thing, no official receipt!! reason given was they want to avoid charging me GST. They claimed that they will help me with any warranty issues regardless of the duration.. somehow i feel i've been taken for a ride on this. First and last time purchasing from them.. There are many other shops carrying victor products now, and truth to be told, i rather buy grey imports rather than giving business to these unscrupulous people.

sorry for the rant.. had to get it out of my chest :p Back on topic, i've tested my friends JS12 (4U) and my verdict when comparing to my BS12 (4U) is as follows:

Power: JS12 > BS12
    Speed: JS12 << BS12
    Control: JS12 >> BS12
    Defence: JS12 < BS12
    Drive/Counter punch: JS12 < BS12

just my 2 cents. Having said that, from a power perspective, i do get adequate power from my BS12. In fact, I smash a lot harder with the BS12 as compared to my Voltric 70, possibly due to my preference for a faster swing. But with the JS12, its a whole new level. I do agree with all the assessments here on the solidness of each hit using the JS12. Its really a delight and I'm seriously considering to get it.

10. Alfredhpv

Alfredhpv Regular Member

Accountant
    I am looking for a 3u, mid flex, and slightly head heavy single racket, which one do you guy recommend, Jetspeed 12 or Hypernano X800.

#670 Alfredhpv, Sep 26, 2016
  11. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Hypernano 12??

12. shugaryl

shugaryl New Member

Ahaha, this is the best joke of the year ! ;)

13. visor

visor Regular Member

I'd suggest TK Onigiri in 4U. Good reviews. I'll hopefully get a chance to hit with my friend's this Friday.

Alfredhpv likes this.
  14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Hypernano X 600.

Alfredhpv likes this.
  15. visor

visor Regular Member

TK Onigiri!

Alfredhpv likes this.
  16. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
  17. visor

visor Regular Member

18. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    HX 500P!

visor likes this.
  19. selasarorg

selasarorg Regular Member

im sorry, i meant NR900
    sweet, js12 is your first victor racket, i play with NR900 of my friend (ahsan edition) its slightly head heavy than the original one, the man in store tell me so.

20. tralalala

tralalala Regular Member

Oh really? I owned both Ahsan & Hendra racket but never really played with the original NR900. If that so, then it means JS12 is even more HH than the original NR900, isn't it?