Best Mizuno Badminton Shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by kevindd992002, Jul 8, 2016.

1. kevindd992002

kevindd992002 Regular Member

Engineer
    I guess because I really like the looks of the SHB-02LTD? It's very sleek.

2. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

Wave Fang SS is really a good shoe if you want a Mizuno.

I have tried Wave Lightning 2 on the courts and yes the heel is slightly higher for a balance point. If you have sloppy footwork you will most certainly injure yourself on those.

So for a safer option I went back to my Wave Fang SS and it has proved to be really incredible.

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Mizuno is sponsoring the Korean kpop girl group EXID...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sealman likes this.
  4. HunglikeAbull

HunglikeAbull Regular Member

I have a pair each of SHB87-LTD and SHB02-MX. It took me about 6 play dates/sessions to break-in each pair. After this, you will love them.

5. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

I play with mizuno volleyball shoes mostly. The rx3 (super lightweight) are really good, but very little padding. Currently playing the the Wave Z lightning and Tornado X. Lightning Z are fairly lightweight, around 10 oz, and the tornados are fairly heavy, around 14 oz. The tornados definitely have to be broken in, but it's like playing on air. The weight difference is notable though.

6. Jeremyng90

Jeremyng90 Regular Member

My current shoes is Mizuno Wave Lighting Z 2 ! Been using for 3 months d, I choose it due to the extra cushion it provided. So far I am very happy about it , it's fast and comfortable. It has a bouncy foam at the heel of the shoes called Pounce (some sort like Adidas Boost , Puma ignite and etc) and extra cushion AP+ at the front and mid sole.

7. rotchanasakn

rotchanasakn Regular Member

engineer
    I am use MIZUNO WAVE FANG RX (black-red) ,and very impressive.I have some questions on MIZUNO WAVE TORNADO X.I see that the outside of rubber sole is different color ( may be different material ).Does this outside rubber has the same grip compare to the yellow rubber sole.And another question is please compare the grip duration and grip performance BTW other brands.My decision about is may be WAVE TORNADO X ( love it's design).Thank you very much.

8. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Can someone comment on the Wave Fang SS-model how the cut is in comparison with Victor shoes? I use Victor SH-8500 und SH-9100. Both of them, especially the former, are rather wide cut. Is the Wave Fang SS-model similar?

9. vibgyor1111

I can't compare with the rx model. I can say that the traction of the rubber has been excellent. I would caution, after playing a few more times in them now, they do seem a little stiff when planting my foot to move forward quickly. Blisters are pretty bad. They are breaking in and it's getting better though. Never had this issue with the Rx3 and currently the wave Z. Only other brand I have used has been asics. First was cheap gel something. Very comfortable but lasted about 3 months. Have some gel tactics now that are actually pretty good. Around 11oz. The tornados are HEAVY. I'm always exhausted after my sessions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    No matter what shoes you wear, to prevent blister, please change in-soles often. (maybe every month.)

Yonex's are best..

[​IMG]

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Every month?! I don't even change socks that often...

zionong likes this.
  12. vibgyor1111

I get a good 6 months out of my dr. Schoals active series. I assume they are cheaper than Yonex. My insoles last much longer if I keep my callouses shaved off. My blisters are on ball of the ankle. High on the inside. Not my heel. Not sure if I specified that early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. rotchanasakn

engineer
    Thank you very much ,VIBGYOR1111.
    About blister, me too change the insole.My wave fang RX has changed immediately when I bought this shoe.
    I found that the insole which came with the shoe is too thin,and when I wear the shoe...concerned me that exactly too thin to use.
    And for , VISOR.
    What is YONEX INSOLE code (BLACK like in the picture)?
    In my country I can find only the white YONEX INSOLE .
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

14. esppy

esppy Regular Member

AC191 if you can find it.

The new current one is AC192.

15. rotchanasakn

engineer
    Ac192 Thank-you

16. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

WaveFang series are generally wide-cut.

17. esppy

esppy Regular Member

18. intothesky

intothesky New Member

I'm playing with my wave fang ss since about 9 months. It's my first "real" badminton shoe so can't make any comparisons. My impressions are for the most part positive.

Fit: Shoes fit perfectly and feel tight yet no pressure anywere.
    Weight: Very light.
    Support: The sole is pretty hard which gives your feet a lot of feel of the floor but not great cushioning. Though that has only been a problem if I was tired and I let my footwork slip. Ankle support is enough but not great eighter since it's not a particular high shoe.
    Durability: Well 9 months with 2-3 sessions a week. Still no sign of beeing worn out. They feel like on the first day.
    Looks: I got the red/black ones. The have a nice clean yet still agressive look in my opinion. They appear (and are) well made.

Conclusion: The shoes are a good joice for players with good footwork who don't need a lot of support and want a light yet solid shoe.

If anyone wants more details I can make a proper review as soon as I'm home.

19. funbound

funbound Regular Member

Has anyone tried Mizuno Wave Mirage court shoes?

20. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

I would not recommend using volleyball shoes for badminton due to the higher height clearance from midsole to the ground.

If I am not mistaken Tornado X is heavier than RX, thus you might feel more tired at your feet after using Tornado X.

Qualities of outsole grip of both products are similar, as mizuno designed these shoes for indoor court game.

I agree that the Mizuno's standard Insole is quite thin, and as such, suggest to replace with this DSIS Tennis Insole

https://www.sorbo-japan.com/en/products/detail.php?id=30