Shuttles in Mississauga/Toronto?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by jmok222, Jul 18, 2016.

1. jmok222

jmok222 New Member

Hi BC community,

Can anyone recommend to me where you can buy feather shuttles in Mississauga and surrounding area or Online?
    Also, what are some cheaper shuttles available now that are good for the money? I've looked through the shuttle forums, shuttle quality/prices changes over time and may not be as good/worth now.

I mainly play at Lee's Badminton in Mississauga and a large player base use Chao Pai Reds/Deep Pinks Aeroplane Blacks. Using lower quality shuttles may often be frowned upon from my observation.

So, I have been using Aeroplane Blacks whenever they're available at AMSport($32) but often sold out. I am still a beginner/intermediate player so I am not sure if the value for these are worth it to me. Thoughts?

Lee's Badminton always only has CN Gold in stock, but is $33. As I've previously mentioned, I see quite a few players using Chao Pai Deep Pink/Red, but I am unable to find a price/store locally for them.

There is a Li-Ning Warehouse in Burlington, Can anyone recommend their shuttles? I've tried their A9 shuttles ($30) and the speed was a bit too fast for 77.

Sorry if this post is all over the place.

Thanks!

2. myy_yyc

myy_yyc New Member

3. jmok222

jmok222 New Member

I've seen maybe 1 or 2 people use the maxsport shuttles. It may be more frequent in Markham area courts.
    Markham and Scarborough is quite far from Mississauga, but I will definitely try a tube when I visit.

The price points of Yonex feathers are quite high and I personally feel the value is not worth imo. never seen anyone use them

I've recently went to 4U badminton and found they have Chao Pai Red $26, Deep Pink $23, and Silver $20(i think). plus taxes :(

The Chao Pai's have gotten good reviews here, but appeared to been a while back. Has the quality of chao pai shuttles stayed on par over the years? The silvers may be a good choice of shuttles if so.

4. myy_yyc

myy_yyc New Member

There is someone selling aeroplane black on kijiji at 27.5-28.5, seems pretty reasonable for bwf approved shuttles.

Yes, the good old days of cheaper/durable shuttles are gone. And I don't see the CAD will rebound quickly, so we have to live with this for at least a few years.

通过我的 LG-H812 上的 Tapatalk发言

5. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    I have used the MaxSports shuttles, but I was very disappointed. I ordered a box of 50. Out of the 20 tubes I used, I found the quality of each shuttle to be extremely inconsistent. Some shuttles fly very well and last for a very long time, and others just break and sometimes warp within the first hit. I returned the other 30 tubes because they were disappointing.

Aeroplane Black, I found their quality has dropped significantly. The corks of the shuttles become deformed after several hard hits. The feathers do not seem to be as good either.

If you can, I do recommend getting victor champions, or if you can afford it, get the masters. The champions use a really good midgrade cork with high quality duck feather. These seem to be the best bang for the buck for me currently. Masters No 1 would compare to Yonex AS40s.

#5 xZhongCheng, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    visor likes this.
  6. ningbo GIG

ningbo GIG Regular Member

owner of factory
    we are badminton top manufacturer from Ningbo zhejiang with our own factories,nbbctlab@126.com when you need gooose shuttleocock

7. jmok222

jmok222 New Member

Yeah, I saw a thread about how the quality of the cork of Aeroplanes degraded from a Full Cork to 3layer cork synthetic. I see in stores that Victor Champion no1 are around 30/tube, but a Kijiji Seller has them for $20(maybe fake?). How much do they normally go for? At $20, it may be worth to try.

Recently played with a Chao Pai red and was pretty impressed with the durability and flight in a doubles game with moderate smashing. Other than tipping the ends, the birdie looks almost brand new after 2 sets.
    I saw someone with Chao Pai Orange and the feathers were actually orange :D. Not sure if it was the light was reflecting off the sticker.

Eventually, I'll have at least an empty tube of every shuttle available to me :D

8. myy_yyc

myy_yyc New Member

Champion No 1 at 20 cad sounds fake, I know someone who bought a box of champion no 1 about two years ago, and it worked out to be 24 cad per tube. Now it would be at least 26-27. Also, champion no 1 is half duck and half goose. So in one tube you have 6 better shuttles, so probably you have to play through a full tube to decide whether you are happy with it.

Chao pai is not available in my city, can not really comment on it.

9. jmok222

jmok222 New Member

The kijiji guy also sells Yonex Feathers for $35 and Wilson Feathers for $25(although no model mention, the pricing sounds more legit), and Victor Nylons ns3000 greens for $5.

Oh really? For champion no1, I thought half the feathers on one shuttle were goose and half duck. like some hybrid shuttle haha.

10. xZhongCheng

Systems Analyst
    20CAD for Victor Champions No1 are most likely fake.

They seem to be Full Duck now. I looked at the feathers closely and it doesnt look like half goose and half duck...

They are good shuttles nonetheless

11. myy_yyc

myy_yyc New Member

6 shuttles are made from geese feather and 6 from duck feather. That is what a Victor reseller told me about two years ago, it may have changed.

12. wanttoplaydaily

wanttoplaydaily Regular Member

What brands do you carry?

13. ningbo GIG

owner of factory

14. myy_yyc

myy_yyc New Member

Do you produce super slow shuttles? Speed -1 shuttles by Yonex scale.

15. ningbo GIG

owner of factory
    yes , I have.

16. daMaster

daMaster Regular Member

Lee's in Mississauga sells Chao Pai red for $30/dozen (tax in). 4U Badminton also sells them for $29/dozen plus tax, so a little more than Lee's. You can also get them at AM Sport in Mississauga (at The Chase), but not sure how much they sell them there.

17. Deepclean1122

Deepclean1122 Regular Member

Have anyone use Okalin AC50 ? I hear they are pretty decent only available at jzonebadminon store

18. xZhongCheng

Systems Analyst
    I currently have about 30 Tubes left I ordered from China a about half a year ago. I was considering ordering more but the market in my city isnt too high in demand for it right now and they have recently raised their prices. They are a fairly decent bird for the price. I do find the quality isnt as consistent with some tubes. Some had very good shuttles that would last forever. Other ones have very thin spines in the feather which broke so easily.

#18 xZhongCheng, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Rush and Deepclean1122 like this.
  19. Rush

Rush New Member

Hi guys,

I recommend using Duraflight Classic. Its quite consistent, lasts long and has a good flight. Its very good price as well (CAD 20 per tube as compared to chao pai pink which is usually CAD 25 per tube and has a better quality in my opinion). Its available at RW badminton club in Markham and 4U badminton club in Mississauga. You can also order online via below links:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-tennis-and-...er/1431209440?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/392295558034.

20. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    I buy Li-ning A90 in bulk from their website.