Similar racket to Voltric 80 ?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by speedyJT, Aug 22, 2016.

1. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Hi guys,
    I'm currently playing with a Yonex Voltric 80 and I really love it. My second VT80 (backup racket) is broken and now I need a new backup racket. I can hardly find any G3/U3 VT80 in the online shops at my place and therefore I am looking for a racket which has similar specs.
    I played a session with a z-Force but it feels too head heavy for me. Voltric 80 E-Tune is garbage IMO. I
    As I did only played with Yonex rackets until now, I don't know the specs of other rackets / brands.
    Are there rackets from Victor or Li-Ning that have nearly the same specs as Voltric 80?
    Very appreciate your help :)

#1 speedyJT, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Victor TK9000 is pretty close in terms of balance and flex but has a different feel on impact. Staying with Yonex, I would try a 4U ZF2. Great racket and a lot easier to use than a ZF1 (which is a) even harder to find than VT80 and b) more head heavy than ZF2...).

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Get one from Sportega. Dealed several times with them and everything was fine. They have the 3U at 139.99€. IMO there are only 2 Options: Get another VT80 or sell your used one and get 2 new models. Anthing else is just an unplesant emergency move.

4. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Hi,
    Thanks for your answers.
    Sportega was a very nice hint :)
    Unfortunately it seems that they have VT80 only in 3U/G4 and I am used to play with a 3U/G3. But maybe this is even better than a completely different racket..

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Hmm... if I click on the "Kriterien" tab, I find that it is a 4U version (https://www.sportega.de/badmintonschlager-yonex-voltric-80.htm):

upload_2016-8-23_9-1-38.png

On the other hand, they answer that it's sold in 3U only on the Q&A tab. So I would specificly ask that question again before you order.

The grip size on the other hand is not an issue at all. All you need to do to go from G4 to G3 is to add an extra overgrip or a bit of cushion wrap.

6. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yes, I already wrote to their FAQ :)

Of course, that would be an option. But you'll not reach the exact same grip size as with G3. But I guess that is the better way to go than ordering a different racket.
    Thanks!

7. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Luckily I found a VT80 G3 at badminton-total.com.
    So this thread can be deleted. Should have searched better before asking. Thanks to all again.