Can KT tape help me ?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Simoj, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Simoj

Simoj New Member

Hello i've been playing with that pain and strain in buttock but it wasnt something serious it was something that sometimes i didnt even notice but week ago while lunging i felt like something snapped right between the hip and the pen*s sorry for the word rly no other way to describe it i think it was called piriformis. I have pain lunging now obviously alot less than week ago but it still persists and im trying not to play drops and try to make them give me a clear so i can play smash winner you get my point. So im having a rly important training camp after a week and it is going to last 8 days is there any way kt tape can relieve symptoms in that area ?

#1 Simoj, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  2. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    best thing to do is to go to a physiotherapist or sport doctor first. Don't shorten or even stop your playing career. It's clear you have an ongoing problem. Get yourself diagnosed then treated. you may be able play with some limitation or tapes

I know when you are young these kind of injuries won't be a problem as you can force yourself to train and play, but hit the upper half of the 20's and you are going downhill
    (experience as a karateka from my place doesn't listen to his therapist and still plays in tournaments, although still treated)

3. phili

phili Regular Member

To get it healed up properly you should only do movements that hurt like a 3 out of 10 but also try to get the hip moving in all planes. So no hard training sessions for now. Also avoid sitting a lot because sitting gets your hip in a unatural position.

4. skeksis

skeksis Regular Member

My sport's doctor always recommends not stopping to train. But slow down pace and stopp immediately when it's getting painful. Listen to the signals your body is giving you. Get yourself a blackroll and use it one or two times a day. Do proper stretching after workouts. Train your Legs. Do deep lunges and deep squats. And - once more - stop if it's getting hurtful. Good Luck and get well soon!

5. amleto

amleto Regular Member

KT's effect is not large. It is not going to mitigate significant/moderate pain

6. Simoj

Simoj New Member

Thanks you all for the replies,i went to a doctor and have been diagnosed with piriformis syndorm im using KT tape everytime i play badminton i manage the pain to a state where its hurts me only 2/10 not the full amount of pain when doing long and deep lunges and also ive got a heating medicaments for that kind of injury its feeling much better i dont even notice the pain in my daily routine