Yonex LD Force 2016 LIN DAN New Racket?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tw1nzor, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

How much is it at olympic world atc? At juego its 12,200

2. thekong

thekong Regular Member

By looking at the comparison photo of the headshapes of LD Force and ZF1, I think the headshape and size of the LD Force is very similar to that of the Li Ning N90 1.

If the LD Force is less stiff than the ZF2, then again it maybe similar to the N90 1.

Would be interesting if someone can compare the two!

Raajneesht likes this.
  3. skhai91

skhai91 Regular Member

Engineer
    Adding on to this, does anyone here think that LD and Yonex maybe trying to recreate something similar to his old AT-700?

MartyGianMarty and souljewel252 like this.
  4. MartyGianMarty

MartyGianMarty Regular Member

11,700php

5. MartyGianMarty

Maybe its a repaint of N90 lol

6. SlaShEr

SlaShEr Regular Member

tinkerer
    About to pull the trigger for this model.
    From the reviews it seems like its a reincarnate of at700..but I am still waiting for further reviews from fellow members.

7. T.O.P

T.O.P Regular Member

Here's the thought of VLDF might same as N90, or it could be taking Armortec series racket tech on it.

Unfortunately, No. Here's the pic of comparison of AT700 1st gen with Voltric LD force. Frame head of LD force even bigger than AT700.
    Well known, The build of N90 it's exactly follow AT700 frame. So it both head size it's the same between AT700 & N90.

Once again it's more looks like the combination of ZF + ZFII + Duora10. But LD force disappointed me, or probably my high expectation on it. LD Force not as stiff as mine ZF and less solid feel on it. Conclusion, disappointment.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nthanhhai likes this.
  8. MartyGianMarty

What are the advantages and disadvantages of having a bigger head on a badmintin racket?

9. phorge

phorge Regular Member

Advantages of a bigger head - Bigger sweet spot and therefore more forgiving on shots.

Disadvantages of a bigger head - Power will be less as swing speed is slower.

MartyGianMarty likes this.
  10. SlaShEr

SlaShEr Regular Member

tinkerer
    Bigger heads could also mean less power as the energy is distributed over a large area.
    Like zfII smaller head : all energy is focused into a smaller area hence more energy transfer.

But i could be wrong..

11. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Sent for stringing and will offer my opinion after clocking at least 10 hours with this new toy. Dry swing felt really good and fast. :)

Attached Files:

12. scps88

scps88 Regular Member

n/a
    I concur. Dry swing is fast & the weight is tolerable imo compared with my arczs. As for the feeling it is remain to be seen until this coming weekend when i get mine.

13. baronspill

baronspill Regular Member

14. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

I have to agree with TOP here. The stiffness is lacking, and I can't imagine LD himself playing something so flexible. Perhaps it is just as stiff as the nanoray 900, but perhaps the headweight of it makes it bend more, hence anything with a 318 bp needs more stiffness.

15. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

Well maybe LD wants to use something less demanding but still packs power for his age.

16. MeisterTim

MeisterTim Regular Member

They are professional players, he really does not need something less demanding at all (and I would be really surprised if he changed his specs close to the OG).

decoy likes this.
  17. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

Okay guys, time for a full review:

4UG5, bg80 Power, 25 lbs-okay it's not the ideal setup I use but it's good enough for the review. Note this is review for doubles because I don't play singles.

As usual, 10/10 would be the 'best' I've ever used. 0/10 would be the worst TOP END racket I have used. 5 would be average. This way, the comparison is more obvious. Or else, I'd end up with a lot of other people giving everything in the 8-10 range.

Looks-Black, gold, red-I like the design of the racket. It has a large frame, and slightly thicker top (not as much as either ZF's), a relatively thin medium and bottom, so it is definitely a head heavy. Looks are subjective, no rating.

Attack: 7/10
    The attacks were really weird. The good part is that you can give 70% of full power (the stick smash), and it can generate a powerful enough smash from nowhere. It is also easy to do this shot because the frame is fast and not stiff. Stick smashes arguably hit harder than the ZF II. However, when you talk about fully loaded jump smashes, the shaft is way too flexible, and doesn't really hit much harder than a stick smash. It still hits hard granted, but there is a clear and significant gap from the ZF's. Due to the flexibility, the control of the smash is a little bad too.

Breaking the attack down-Stick smashes 10/10, Full power smashes 6/10.

The 0/10's would be the 5U JS 10 and the arcsaber flashboost for comparison. 10/10 would be a ZF 1.

Drop: 4/10
    As usual, the stiffness makes it difficult to control drop shots. The inconsistent bending of the frame caused me to mess up several fast drop shots. That being said, slow drop shots were really good to use, with the large frame being forgiving and somewhat fast racket speed for its headweight.

Slow drop 8/10 Fast drop 3/10.

10/10 drop would be ZF I, 0/10 drop would be the bravesword 12.

Escape Clear-5/10
    Very good to get out of sticky situations if you had a bit of time. Otherwise, there is a weird starting lag with the bending of the frame.

10/10 is the duora 10, don't really have a 0/10 for escape clears.

Defense-6.5/10
    Absolutely brilliant for such a head heavy racket. The large frame makes it easy to block with. It is very agile for its headweight. You can give it a simple tap for a block, and it would be very fast. Lifts are also easy, and you do not need a large swing to send it back to the opponent's court.

Arcsaber 11 would be the 10/10, the arcsaber fb would be 0/10 (cuz this racket went down while blocking a smash lol!).

Drives-5/10
    Excellent, very similar to the nanoray 900. It has a large sweet spot and with drives you definitely need that. It's impossible to get the sweetspot all the time, so a high forgiveness level is great. The frame is extremely fast for its headweight if your arm is strong enough, and could potentially be better than the nanoray 900 if your arms are super strong (mine isn't...). With defensive drives it is not as good, the head-weight makes it harder to drive back. Fortunately, the stiffness does not hurt the drives that much.

Attacking drives: 10/10 (if you can handle it)
    Defensive drives: 2/10

Nanoray 900 would be the 10/10, ZF I would be the 0/10.

Netplay-2/10
    Being a head heavy, it's slightly slower than others, but it's not a huge deal. Very similar to other rackets. Don't look into this rating too much.

A very different racket to anything else I've tried before-I can't even compare it to anything. On the power side, it can be comparable at times to the 10/10 ZF/ZFII when you use the stick smash, but in full power smashes it doesn't really compare. On the drive side, it can be comparable to the 10/10 nanoray 900 for offensive drives, but then it doesn't have the same regaining attack potential as the nanoray 900. The stiffness I found was a fairly major issue, and would have liked it much stiffer. On the defensive side, it can compare at times to the arcsaber.

It really feels like a combination of rackets, trying to take the advantages from several top end rackets, but obviously its impossible to achieve everything. It definitely deserves to be considered as a top tier racket, as it does have many advantages. With the many advantages comes many disadvantages, so these need to be taken into account. It is therefore tough to figure out where this racket works best, and I would say it is therefore very difficult to utilize it to its full potential.

Note: A comparison can be drawn to the Li Ning n90 I, where it is clearly a top tier racket, but got poor reviews since they could not handle it. I must emphasize DO NOT GIVE THIS A NEGATIVE REVIEW if you do not know how to handle this racket. Obviously the n90 I has different strengths and weaknesses where people unfairly rated it when they couldn't use the advantages properly.

Not recommended for beginners/intermediate level players. Only advanced players (C+) or above should use attempt using this.

#157 xiaoqiao, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  18. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

Im wondering what's the difference between the jp version and the sp/ip version

19. T.O.P

T.O.P Regular Member

Code doesn't make any changes on racket itself. It still using same fiber materials to built it.

20. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

How come jp versions are more expensive hahaha