Indonesia Juniors !!

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by fathonezic, Nov 1, 2009.

1. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I watched Ihsan in the final Men team vs. Thai. I think 3 of them: Ihsan, Ginting and Jonatan are the Ardy, Alan and Hendrawan of INA golden year of Badminton.

2. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
  3. sen

sen Regular Member

Too optimistic. Ardy, Alan and Hendrawan were coached by Tong Sinfu who later produce China golden generation of players.

4. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Without Tong SinFu are you saying next gen of INA MS will never rise to the top and match the glory era of Ardy, Alan, Hendrawan ever?

5. sen

sen Regular Member

Yes. Or wait until there are coaches with a superior coaching technique that can shape a whole generation of players better than the rest of the world

6. naistav

naistav Regular Member

My view:
    1. Ihsan Maulana Mustofa
    2. Anthony Sinisuka Ginting
    3. Jonatan Christie
    4. Firman Abdul Kholik.

As for Firman, he seems vulnerable and havent prove anything against experienced player while the other 3 already started defeating top players or gave decent fight. I'm confident that Ihsan, Anthony and Jo to achieve more in 1-3 years ahead.

7. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    I am hoping for other youngsters to catch up.
    We have more than these four.
    Due to heavy competition in MS pelatnas, one or two of these four might not be in pelatnas anymore in the next 3-5 years.

We really have a golden generation.

8. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Firman will be out of pelatnas by december. There will only 3 main MS players in pelatnas. All the rest are out. Bayu, etc are not making any progress for so long...

9. fathonezic

Consultant
    how do you know ?
    what do you expect from a 18-19 yo player ?
    every coaches agree that bayu has the most outstanding skill.
    you can not treat young players like that.

10. okiazr

okiazr Regular Member

merchant
    Indonesian squad for 2016 asia junior championship

Mens Single :
    Chico Aura Dwi Wardoyo [Exist Jakarta]
    Ramadhani Muhammad Z [Djarum Kudus]
    Ade Riski Dwicahyo [Exist Jakarta]
    Gatjra Piliang [Exist Jakarta]

Womens Single :
    Gregoria Mariska Tunjung [Pelatnas/Mutiara Bandung]
    Desandha Vegarani [Pelatnas/Djarum Kudus]
    Aurum Oktavia Winata [Pelatnas/Jaya Raya Jakarta]
    Gabriela Meilani Moningka [Pelatnas/Jaya Raya Jakarta]

Mens Double :
    Andika Ramadiansyah [Djarum Kudus] / Rinov Rivaldy [Pelatnas/Djarum Kudus]
    Bagas Maulana / Calvin Kristanto [Djarum Kudus]
    Muhammad Fachrikar [Pelatnas/Jaya Raya Jakarta] / Rizki Adam [Candra Wijaya IBC]

Womens Double :
    Apriani Rahayu / Jauza Fadhila Sugiarto [Jaya Raya Jakarta]
    Mychelle Crhystine B / Serena Kani [Pelatnas/Djarum Kudus]
    Vania Arianti Sukoco [Pelatnas/Djarum Kudus] / Tania Oktaviani Kusumah [Djarum Kudus]

Mixed Double :
    Rinov Rivaldy [Pelatnas/Djarum Kudus] / Apriani Rahayu [Jaya Raya Jakarta]
    Andika Ramadiansyah [Djarum Kudus] /Mychelle Crhystine Bandaso [Pelatnas/Djarum Kudus]
    Amri Syahnawi [SKO Ragunan] / Yulfira Barkah [Mutiara Bandung]
    M. Roby Darwis [Mutiara Bandung] / Vania Arianti Sukoco [Pelatnas/Djarum Kudus]

11. winzerer

winzerer Regular Member

just watching desandha vegarani. She's not bad, still quite raw but having potential. How old is she ?

12. winzerer

winzerer Regular Member

just watching desandha vegarani. She's not bad, still quite raw but having potential. How old is she ?

13. fathonezic

Consultant
    We have some interesting MS talents born in 2000/2001.
    Gatjra Piliang, Bagas Kristianto Nugroho, Ikhsan Imanuel, Alberto Alfin and Taufik Hidayat Ilmi has the ability and weapons to match our rising stars Jo Christie, Ihsan Maulana, Ginting, Bayu Pangisthu and Firman Abdul Kholik.

Those who born in 00/01 are very good technically, and has sound footwork.

Gatjra Piliang Fiqallahi Cupu has improved a lot this year. I can really see the differences as I watch him constantly. He has already won U-19 Pembangunan Jaya Junior GP. He has great technique and smooth footwork, but still weak power.

Bagas Kristianto Nugroho is one of the most exciting prospect that PB Djarum has. He has (and still improve) outstanding skill and footwork. His timing smash and dropshots is also quite nice. He has shown his progress on some U-19 tourneys recently. Becoming runner up in U-19 Sirnas Lampung. He also become runner up in U-17 Asia Junior Championship, beating the highly rated Laksya Sen and Kim Moon Ji. He has also beaten Ramadhan Zulkilfi, No 1 U-19 in Indonesia. time to time, he will be very dangerous as his power will improve.

Ikhsan Leonardo Emanuel Rumbay is the one who impressed me the most. He is like Hayom, quite late in joining big club since he played in small club and no scout can see his talent. He has great power, and also has big backhand smash like the great Taufik Hidayat. His calmness on court is also a big plus.

Alberto Alvin Yulianto can be a late bloomer. He has the best footwork, but very weak power. His footwork remind me of Hendrawan. If he can improve his power and defense, he could be very dangerous.

Meanwhile, Taufik Hidayat Ilmi is the youngest one, born in 2001. Still very raw, but he is left handed with some surprise technique. Let's see if he can improve.

I expect Gatjra and Bagas, can be in National Team roster in the next 2 years since I think they will dominate U-19 National Circuits during those years.

#473 fathonezic, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    sen likes this.
  14. fathonezic

Consultant
    I think 18 yo

15. indrg

indrg Regular Member

If these guys have not played in GP level, how can you be so excited? These guys are unknown never heard of them in the Djarum Circuit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

16. fathonezic

Consultant
    1. I made this thread to talk about Indonesia Juniors. Means, U-19. Anthony, Jo, Ihsan etc are not junior anymore. They are 19 or above already, play in senior level. but, due to PBSI Policy to recruit U-21 players, I decided to expand the scope to U-21. But It does not mean that we have to forget U-17, U-15 etc, they are the real juniors

2. You must be ignorant if you never heard their name in Sirnas. Gatjra, at least, is a regular sirnas winner. He won his first U-19 Sirnas when he is only 16 yo. Others are still playing in U-17 and U-15. Becoming serial winners in their age group. Or at least a serial semifinalist or finalist.

3. Since 2008, I watch quite a few junior tournaments. I know the ability or skills from Ihsan, Jojo, Ginting etc when they were only 15-17 yo. That's my benchmark.

4. Yuni Kartika was very impressed with Alberto Alvin when she watched and commentating the final of U-17 Sirnas Sumatera Utara. She also predicts that Alberto can be a future star since he has the basic skill to be there. Still long way to go though.

5. I always like watching U-17, U-15, or even U-13 since I can see many future star talents coming up.

GP level ? Come on, they are only kids, let them grow step by step.

17. fathonezic

Consultant
    Ikhsan Imanuel Rumbay and Alberto Alvin are both through to the QF of U-17 Asia Junior Championship. Too bad, only one of them will be in SF since they have an early meet in the QF. I hope, one of them can beat Kunlavut Vitidsarn, Thailand star in the making.

indrg likes this.
  18. winzerer

winzerer Regular Member

It's great to hear Indonesia have some new potential player after Jo,Ihsan, ginting, Firman and bayu.....not like the end of era Alan and co. WS dept still looking and searching i guess. Thanks btw for the info

19. fathonezic

Consultant
    Yes, even for those who born in 2002 and 2003 are quite promising too. We have dominated Asia Junior U-15 this year with an all Indonesian Final. They are still far from dominating the world, but at least, we have hope.

For WS ? Until now, still no hope. I once liked Asty Dwi Widyaningrum. Won the Singapore International Series at the age of 15. But, last time I watched her, I cant notice any improvement. Only an allround and tiny player without weapon. Let's see if she can improve more.

20. fathonezic

Consultant
    Immanuel Ikhsan Rumbay are through to the U-19 Djarum Sirnas Jateng for the 1st time at age of 16 yo. Meanwhile, Alberto Alvin Yulianto are through to the Final of Djarum Sirnas Jateng U-17 to win his 2nd Sirnas titles this year. Yeyy!! Happy to see some improvement from my boys!