2016 TOTAL BWF TUC Finals - Day 8 (22nd May) : THOMAS Cup FINAL

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup Finals / Uber Cup Finals 2016' started by CLELY, May 21, 2016.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

It's about LCW and responses of China fans. Scroll up

2. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    Oops, sorry, must've been all that LD-worship in these quarters!

On a title-per-capita basis, it would also eclipse Taufik's....

My post was in jest though, these players have made badminton a household name, and will each rightfully be celebrated, but in my opinion don't deserve the condemnation that they (sometimes) get in these quarters...

3. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

Maybe Li Yongbo himself believes that that is what he is doing-- but what has Li Yongbo done to make you believe that? You know that LD, FHF/CY, etc. are not actually his "achievements", right? They play completely differently from the batch of players that Li Yongbo himself "discovered/trained".

Cai Yun doesn't even want to join the national coaching system-- that's why he is speaking so openly; CCTV5 must be regretting inviting him to commentate, both Wang Xiaoli, who has left the sport entirely, and Wang Lin, who is now in the system, were more careful to "follow" the CCTV5 commentators' "line of commentary".

And after seeing the Thomas Cup Finals showdown between INA and DEN, I'm sure Chinese fans will be asking, "why CANT we have DEN MS playing style and INA MD playing styes-- they more entertaining to watch AND win games!"

4. lee00

lee00 Regular Member

LOL why don't you ask him whether he's a fan of LD or TH?

opruh likes this.
  5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Makes no difference whether ZZ or GSH, at the most, can reach finals, won t win Thomas Cup. MAS MDs a mess, a long term side effect of Rexy s emphasis on KooTan for glory while constantly mix-matching the rest of the MDs. But Rexy s a nice guy so he may not be aware of the damage done. Imagine Ah Hoon said he had five different MD partners since Rexy s reign.

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hannster replied to me. I was replying another forumer, who replied to my post. I'm talking abt LCW, since few pages back. since I'm the original poster I should know what I'm talking about.
    Justin L is China fan, since few years ago. And in this thread very obvious he hasnt changed his support elsehwere, lol

7. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

Things are different in different countries. In China they cover every expense and it's the participants to decide whether they're going to accept or not.

8. lee00

lee00 Regular Member

Oh hahaha I read #559. My bad.

9. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

I can sing every single song of him

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

His constant harping about LCW is an indication of envy. He has no chance of seeing Taufik win competitively again like LCW still does now.

11. lee00

lee00 Regular Member

Hey one would say you belittle his achievements . As head coach it's his job to make CHN badminton shine. Wang XL dislikes him prolly because of London 2012 hehe

12. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Why reply to my post when you want to guess about CL's losses and talk about his fans' excuses. When I mentioned the Swaythling and Corbillon cups I was obviously referring to team competitions and that means the Thomas and Uber cups. Where does Rio come in? Was what I posted so difficult to understand?
    You talk about people looking to you for discussions, certainly not me when as a female you saw it fit to comment negatively on a female player's physical appearance. Didn't you posted once that He Bingjiao's size can cover half a badminton court? I thought we are taught not to comment on a girl's look if we have nothing nice to say.
    As for what you called a gossip, I know what I am talking about. Don't think that you are the only one who travels to watch badminton tournaments. i even travel to watch cricket matches. I am not interested in any discussion/ quarrel with you. Stay off my posts. They are meant for fans of Chinese badminton only. Period.

#592 tbgoh288, May 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
    opruh likes this.
  13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm afraid you've been away too long and missed too many posts/threads to know, though I'm basically a CHN fan, I do support some non-CHN players. Eg, read what I wrote about Goh Jin Wei, and if you care, Akane Yamaguchi,...and a few others which I don't think you're interested to know because you're simply a MAS fan, specifically an ardent LCW fan.

opruh likes this.
  14. lee00

lee00 Regular Member

I personally don't make a fuss about these major things you guys are talking about. To me LCW is one of the best shuttlers.

15. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    You and Balbl...I don't believe either one of you can sing:p, proof to us and post on this forum:D:p

16. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

CHN have many problems and LYB is just one of them. You can't blame any single person for their flop.It's like when you have cancer the tumor is not your only problem and the cancer can't be cured just by cutting the tumor off.
    Personaly I don't see any major change after Rio unless China don't get any gold in badminton. They might have to lose Sudirman Cup next year to have a proper evaluation of themselves.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I, for one, really appreciate and very much enjoy your snippets of information or stories of old, even gossips and rumours which sometimes have a ring of truth to it (I read them with an open mind and know how to judge whether to believe them or not). So,please keep them coming for our edification and pleasure. Thank you very much.:)

opruh and tbgoh288 like this.
  18. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

I'm a very terrible singer:D
    However I know every single song of Jeff and I can continue singing even you just show me some notes of a song's intro

19. lee00

lee00 Regular Member

Did you know Jonatan Christie is a big fan of Wang Lin

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Oh, thanks for telling me. But he's so young and Wang Lin have already retired a couple years ago, somewhat pleasantly surprised to learn that.

opruh likes this.