Victor HX-500P and HX-500C

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by mzheng168, May 2, 2016.

1. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

So, has anybody tried these two rackets and has reviews for them? thanks

2. kukkojas

kukkojas Regular Member

Just got my hands on a HX500P and played some 3hr with it. First impressions are that it's a super easy to use racket with decent speed and power. I come from JS10 4u and this hx500p seems to be nearly as fast with better power and obviously bigger sweet spot hence the frame size. I'm not a professional level player so i bit more flex from the shaft helps and makes playing effortless.

Here's where it gets interesting; my JS10 is a 4u with a bp around 300 wet. The hx500p is a 3u has a bp of 293 wet. I feel like the latter has much more accessible power to me. The JS10 has nice power if you have a strong snap in your wrist. HX500p on the other hand has nice power everywhere, i feel like it matches my swing better. I'm quite muscular dude so maybe i'm not able deliver all the power from my torso and arm to the JS10 with my technique, but with HX500p i can.

Hx500p has a bigger framesize and the "diamond" shape as opposed to JS10's small "sword" frame. My intuition says that the HX500 should be slower but it didnt feel slow last night. I may need some more testing before i can comment on speed for sure. Feel was nice, didnt feel any hollowness, JS10 feels more rigid of the two. Here are some pics.
    123.jpg qwe.jpg asd.jpg zxc.jpg

3. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

thanks for the sharing kukkojas. How stiff is the shaft may i ask (compare with Arcsaber 11/MX60 etc)? I am expecting this going to be a racket like MX60. have you also tried the HX600? their specs are just so similar.

4. kukkojas

kukkojas Regular Member

The stiffness is medium-ish, i would say. Maybe a little on the stiffer side. JS10 is a lot more stiffer imo. Havent played with the raquets you mentioned but it is stiffer than my old TK6000 if that's helps. Hven't played with hx600, i recall someone said in the other thread that it has a more sword like frameprofile so it should be more close to jetspeed series but with a larger frame.

5. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

Thanks kukkojas. Your information is very helpful. Do you feel any bad vibration in this racket? It's just interesting to know how well the Hard Cored Technology works?

6. kukkojas

kukkojas Regular Member

I didn't feel any bad vibrations, hah! In my opinion there needs to be some vibration after you hit the birdie so that you can feel the strings bend and where the shuttle hits the stringbed. This a part of the reason why i like VIctor rackets. I do use BG80 which is a pretty hardfeeling string and i have no problems with the racket. So in short, some vibration but nothing to fuss over; i'd even say there is a good amount of feedback from the racket.

7. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

thanks for the information, much appreciated.

8. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Now have both of these rackets - had a chance to hit with the 500 Power - pleasently surprised how good a racket it is. Tried HX800 and disliked but this racket has a different feel.

Will try and play some time with each and then do a comparison

9. LinHalu

LinHalu Regular Member

I just got my hands on a HX500P. I'll test it out and leave my comments here!

10. LinHalu

LinHalu Regular Member

string details: BG66F, 27lbs

11. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

Hi Kukkojas,
    Did you stencil the strings or is it a factory-strung racket?
    How would you compare this racket with the "Bravesword" series like BS11 or BS12?

12. kukkojas

kukkojas Regular Member

Scott, i stenciled the strings myself, can't remember how it came from the factory. I can't compare the racquet to any braveswrord frames as i havent had any. But compared to jetspeed 10 or 12 the HX is slower but packs more punch. It's a good allrounder, a jack of all trades.

Scott Kam likes this.
  13. LinHalu

LinHalu Regular Member

tbh the HX500P felt too fast at first. however, after a while, i liked this racket a lot. smashes and clears were solid and crisp, drop shots were really controlled. it feels extremely solid and packs a punch, really liked it a lot:)

moreover, its cheap, and its definitely more than worth to buy it!