Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Yeah, and I prefer the feeling of the N80.

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Rob3rt. You bad person. :D Now I can't wait to get some time with the N80....but wont be able to until Thursday :(

The freshly strung N90iii will have to suffice for today then :D

Rob3rt likes this.
  3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Apropos - somehow the strings in the N90iii retain that long-lasting pitch longer than those in my N90. Wonder if it's a difference in rackets causing it or just the old age of my trusty N90...6 years now! :O

4. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

One thing that bothers me (maybe a little exaggerated) is that the professionals mostly use the old gen rackets. Whereas with other brands, the players regularly switch to the new stuff. Why is that?

5. Nguyenthanhvu

Nguyenthanhvu Regular Member

I heard from a VN pro player that Lining new gen is not stiff enough for them ^^

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Then you wouldnt see first gen N55, N50, N70....N70 is flexible, N50 medium to flexible....I dont know. There's just rackets that are, for some reason, very popular. Same goes for other brands too, though.

7. bestindigital

bestindigital Regular Member

Data Engineer
    My rain rackets were a pair of Yonex ZForce. Smashing is good, control is good, but I keep mis-hitting several backhand shots with them. With other rackets, I don't have this issue. A friend of mine had a pair of Li-ning n50ii that he retired after buying a pair of Victor JetSpeed 10. He gave me one and I played with it for 2 hours and now, I am trading my ZForces with him for both his n50ii rackets. :) Love it.

8. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

is the n90 III good? :) because i dont see many people making reviews or mentioning it

9. longdriver

longdriver Regular Member

I am currently using the n90 iii I like the racket only down side for doubles a little heavy and slow on defense. Enjoy all other aspects of this racket. I hear the type s is a but quicker for doubles. Not sure your style or use but is a good racket in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'm working on a review, but not sure if I'll play it. Will decide between the N90iii and N80ii when the second gets to Europe

11. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

Was it easy to get used to? I heard that Li Ning N series are hard to master or something like that

12. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

i hope you choose N90 III :p i've been waiting to read something good about that racket :)

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I cant say that the N series are any different from other rackets in that regard. The closer to your last racket your new one is, the easier it is to get used to.
    If you make a big change in one or more aspects (HH/stiffness), it'll take some time.
    For me, the N90iii is tricky because it's not nearly as stiff as the N90 and also doesnt have a box frame. Had a lot of difficulty on smashes and backhand drives at first, but I'm getting there....will see if the N80ii is love at first sight, otherwise I'll probably use the N90iii for the next year

I'll have something good to say about it either way - it's the racket I favor at the moment in the search for next season's gear :D

#2813 j4ckie, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  14. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

oh I see. Well i dont quite really understand the stiffness of Li Ning rackets. It almost always says medium.

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It almost always is :D N90 and n90ii were stiff, and N80 is on the verge...N80TD as well. But the current generation of N series rackets doesnt have a real stiff one. Personally I dont need a really stiff racket anyway, so I'm fine with that, but I'd like there to be one or two stiff rackets anyway since a lot of people like them (and some think they really need it).

16. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

yeah thats what really confuses me in their website the N90 and N90 II is medium but from what people say its stiff. But how about the N90 III is it as stiff as the N90 and N90 II?

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Stiffness was N90ii>N90>N90iii for me. HH n90>n90iii>n90ii.
    Didnt like the N90ii, loved the N90, will come to a conclusion about the N90iii until mid-June :)

18. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

oh okayy. I'll be eagerly waiting what conclusion you will end up with. Meanwhile I will try to get used to that racket hahaha

19. ogcstrike

ogcstrike New Member

hey guys how would the Turbocharging N9 compare with the victor bravesword 10?

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Fairly different rackets. N9 is flexible and in the medium to low medium weight range, whereas the Bs10 was pretty stiff and much lighter. N80TD would be a closer match!

ogcstrike likes this.