Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

Is it true that Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen can't go to Rio? What is the official rule that prevents them from going?

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

They are ranked outside the top 8 in MD in the R2R Standing, at No.14 just after the BAC by the end of the OG qualification period, May 1st 2016.

3. zhuangcorp

I see. That's too bad. I guess we are stuck with Hong Wei/Chai Biao.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

This pair is the better and more experienced pair compared to Li/Liu. Only potential problem is Chai Biao, who tends to make more errors as the match progresses.

5. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

6. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Fox, thanks for the nice photos. I wonder where's the location of these photos? Were them taken on the occasion of TC-UC preparation? In Kunshan, Jiangsu? :)

7. renbo

renbo Regular Member

It looks like one of those old towns in Jiangsu, could be very close to Kunshan. All the charm of China is concentrated there

8. other

other Regular Member

Student
    Could it be with Wuzhen? There are many pretty old style areas on the water in that region of China I think.

9. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I think it is Wuzhen, though I don't remember we can do some boating there

10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Extremely nice pictures indeed. Really appreciate it.

11. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Nope, it is not Wuzhen, another famous water town between Suzhou & Hangzhou, marked by its outstanding blue-dyeing cotton and distilled rice liquor, I went there last year. A little surf reveals these pics location is most likely Luzhi Town.

Luzhi Town, an ancient water town

Located in Kunshan city about 11 miles (18 kilometers) east of Suzhou, Luzhi is an old but extremely beautiful water town. With a history of more than 2,500 years, it compares favorably to Zhouzhuang Water Town. Covering about 247 acres (100 hectares), it has been awarded the great name of 'the No. 1 water town in China'.

Boat: CNY 150 for a boat allowing four people

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/jiangsu/suzhou/luzhi.htm

Justin L likes this.
  12. zhuangcorp

I find it somewhat surprising that China has been playing LI Junhui and Liu Yuchen at the Thomas cup. I guess LYB also see them as the 2nd best option.

renbo likes this.
  13. renbo

renbo Regular Member

For now it is just matches against second-order team, good to expose the young and no threat

14. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Its quite good and brave that the CBA has used the youngsters Zheng and CQ with different partners to see whether a new pairing can be created for the future. Well done.
    I am very surprised that players do not admit that the shuttle had touched them as in the case of Zhang against the Japanese in the doubles.. The table tennis players are very honest in this respect.

15. zhuangcorp

Im surprised that CBA is playing Li Junhui with Zeng Siwei instead of usual Liu Yuchen.

16. badminton-watcher

badminton-watcher Regular Member

CL failed the team in Thomas Cup 2014 and 2016. Prior to the match, an interview on the Chinese team preparation and LYB said the team trusted CL that he will be able to redeem himself

17. zhuangcorp

The sad thing is, even if CL had won the first match, THW would probably lose his match.

THW also seems to have a habit of choking.

The MD played their best, but Korean MD has always been stronger.

18. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    If "IF Statement" is a preference here, then I prefer to say "IF" had CL succeeded his task then CHN would have played in the SF... :p:D

Move on, just a repeat of the last time failure but I think this time it's a "fateful" defeat... fateful for "IF" Fu didn't try his silly flick serve at 20-18 G2 then the outcome could be different... had he lost his mind about the notorious, unchallengeable service fault call???

Move on, now the team should focus their resources on Rio OG.. the gold medal(s) in men's sector(s) should redeem themselves and whitewash all the earlier agonies... :D:D

A little note from the QF: Chen Long better than Lin Dan only in age and stamina; ceteris paribus, Lin Dan is undoubtedly still the best!

visor likes this.
  19. Zhierl

Zhierl Regular Member

China can only blame themselves, for neglected ancient chinese strategy. "Strongest horse for medium horse, medium horse for weakest horse and weakest horse for strongest horse."
    Despite not pure to strict to that strategy, if some element applied, China has more adventage than their current line-up now.
    CBA should place LD for MS1, and CL for MS2. CL must forced to skip many tourney to lose some of his point to make LD that already play consect tourney gain more place higher than CL.
    This already happen in TC '14 and last AG. Wonder, they still sick this.
    For OG Rio? Cmon, OG despite nation pride games thats more individual games. Give player their freedom. Don't stick for seed 1/2 to make gold/silver more reachable, remember London WD fiasco?
    LYB tactics is ancient and vurnerable, bring more modern/fresh thinking.

CBA really make my mouth open w/ their policy.
    They rarely send their youngster to the world to gain exp, and then when crucial match happen, they send the youngster.
    This already make ROW catch them, and make Chinese juniors look more juniors than their counterparts in same age group from ROW.

But for this humiliated demise, my finger cross to CL, LD, LYB, and CBA.
    CL: this is his third f*ck, only donkey fall in second. Three gold vanishes...
    LD: his long and prolong vacation, cost 2 gold. His moody cost 1 last gold.
    LYB: his stubborn tactics already cracked for years, and still not learn.
    CBA: from grandeur to nearly joke policy, they need nearly total restructuring and reformation of vision, mission and idealism.

W/ wealth of good player, they lose already 3 gold, WTF.
    W/ over billion people, and one of most popular sports, they can't make at least 1 pair of solid MD after FHF/CY, despite their head coach is former MD legend.

Their mens sector look bleak onwards, w/ LD & FHF nearly retire in near future, I think the fastest they can reclaim TC is 2020.
    Their womens sector will follow if they still not learning from history. The sign is already apparent.

20. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

deleted...