Voltric Z-Force II or something lighter?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by DarkusRage, May 13, 2016.

1. DarkusRage

DarkusRage New Member

Hey, I've been playing badminton recreationally or a couple of years and seriously for almost 3 years. I've been using the voltric 7 for quite a while now. I just recently tried out my friend's 3u voltric z-force ii. The feeling was great! The smashes were significantly harder, clears ands high serves felt more solid. The drop shots were easier to control. However, I felt twice as tired than normal and my stamina is not that great. Even though the smashes were satisfying, each one drained a lot of energy. So should i go for the z force ii or something a bit lighter such as the voltric force?

2. Marlboro

Marlboro Regular Member

maybe try a 4u zforce II;)

insular likes this.
  3. DarkusRage

DarkusRage New Member

Good advice! I'll try it out.

4. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

VTZF II 3U or 4U is trully an incredible racket that Yonex has ever produced. Power is superb, feeling is great. However, for intermediate players, the racket comes at great cost of your stamina. ALSO, the super stiffness of the racket MIGHT someday causes your shoulder to be in contant pain (unless you've got proper hitting technique).

I own 3U VTZF II LCW and just love it. Exhaustion? Yes, but no problem since it's the purpose of exercise (i was able to make up for the lack of stamina by weekly visitation to gym). BUT, i can't afford weekly visitation to doctor because of shoulder hurt.

I have no problem using other rackets (VT80 3U, Twister C7, BS11, BS15, ArcZS), only when it comes to VTZF II LCW my shoulder will hurt after shower.

5. DarkusRage

DarkusRage New Member

So if VT80 doesn't cause shoulder problems for you, how about its stamina cost compared to VTZF2?

6. DarkusRage

DarkusRage New Member

So if VT80 doesn't cause shoulder problems for you, how about its stamina cost compared to VTZF2

7. DarkHiatus

DarkHiatus Regular Member

The VT80 is a fantastic racquet. It's like a VT7 but better in all aspects IMO.

It's also much more forgiving than the ZF2, and probably won't give you any problems. The 3U is great for singles and the 4U is about as heavy as you'd want for a doubles racquet.

8. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Nope. no shoulder problem. However, after constant use of VTZF II 3U, i find VT80 3U is lacking in power (naturally, everybody will feel so). But for those who haven't "tasted" the power of VTZF II, then VT80 is very good choice ... and more forgiving too.

9. bunge1980

bunge1980 Regular Member

Postman
    If progressing from the vt 7 why not look at the vt70 it's a better racket with similar specs to the vt7?

arfandy likes this.
  10. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Old VT70 is considered a "rare" racket nowadays. It easier to find VT70ET than the old version. But yeah, i'd vote for VT70 old version too. Not a big fans of etune replacable things.

bunge1980 likes this.
  11. bunge1980

bunge1980 Regular Member

Postman
    The old vt70 is definitely the better although my friend had the etune and can't talk highly enough

12. MidCourtMediocrity

MidCourtMediocrity Regular Member

Tried both and am the current and proud owner of the original VT70 and can confirm it is superior

13. KingLCW

KingLCW Regular Member

Student
    Shld try both the zf2 and vt80 and vt80 etune to know which one suit u
    However, many ppl around me r selling their vt80 etune, they probably dont like the feeling of the rackets

14. selasarorg

selasarorg Regular Member

u may consider nanoray 900
    fast swing and powerfull, i think it will be suit for u

15. tonny_hawk

tonny_hawk Regular Member

i think ZF2 4U is more noob tolerance than 3U. Because i used 4U and have really good game. I'm a noob. I know my skill can't maximize full power of my racket. But still it really great and only fell the pain for 2 times play. No pain again after that. it's my main racket and i use it from 22lbs tension till the last time i use 27lbs. Sadly it's broke last friday after 10 month use it.

Little bit out the topic, anyone can recommend me lighter racket for doubles and less power than ZF2. Because i plan to strung it max 24lbs. No more than that for durability reason. Thanks before.

16. DarkHiatus

Popular lighter choices than 4U ZF2 for doubles would be VT80 (slightly less head heavy, and more forgiving), JS10 (much lighter but much faster, but still reasonable power).

17. DarkusRage

DarkusRage New Member

I haven't tried vt80 yet, but a store in my city is selling vt80etune for half the price which makes it cheaper than all the other high end voltrics. Is vt80 far more superior than vt80etn to make it worth the extra money?

18. DarkHiatus

Treat it like a different racquet. They feel quite different and no arrangement of the custom grommets allows you to play like the original VT80.

19. PauLCW

PauLCW Regular Member

Bird Slayer
    Hi DarkusRage, I think you should give the VT80-4U a try too. I was a VTZF2-4U user just like you and I can personally tell that VT80 is very easy to use even with its head-heaviness :) I don't know what kind of sorcery Yonex did with the VT80 but it's undeniably easy to control both attack and defense (I'm playing doubles a lot).

In the power department, ZF2 is still far more superior to me. At first it gave me a lot of sore forearm and tennis elbow but forced me to become stronger by training harder in order to wield it properly. Now I'm using the ZF2-3U5 for doubles and I'm very happy with the feeling and I can launch missiles from the back court. I have the VT80 in my bag as my back-up racket. Hope to help ;)

ravikiran98490 likes this.
  20. ravikiran98490

ravikiran98490 New Member

Hello Paul,

Thanks. Very recently i purchased ZF2 4u and currently going through same phase ( Sore forearm and kind of tennis elbow) and i am with 24 tension on BG65. Do you suggest any other string/ Tension please ? any other suggestions would be great.