2016 OUE SINGAPORE Open Superseries : Entry List & DRAW

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open/ Singapore Open/ China Masters 2016' started by CLELY, Mar 4, 2016.

1. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Will we ever see Simon Santoso again? Has he filed to BWF to retire by any chance?

2. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    The China GPGold is followed by Asia Championship (also in China, but different city), which is a SuperSeries-level event.
    So, logistically if you want to miss a tournament among the 3, skipping SG Open makes sense, unfortunately.

3. Maurice MJC

Maurice MJC Regular Member

Also Saina Newhal didn't play in the the Singapore Open last year so she doesn't have any rankings to defend there.

4. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Yes, and another humiliating loss against TTY would've been a real mental wound!
    Also she has pretty good chances in CHN GPG

5. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    A player never/should never fear from a loss. .saina's attitude is too positive to fear a loss against tai, tai is going to be present in each and every big tournament saina play's, doesn't mean saina will stop playing.

6. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    But than Singapore is the second last tournament in the qualification period for Rio if I am not wrong. .so considering that the points which she would have got here would have worked as an added bonus.

7. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Offtopic but Hey can anyone tell how the seedings would be decided for the Rio Olympics?

8. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    U got me wrong! Pay less attention on TTY factor and more on her incapability of playing 4 consecutive tourneys! Injury aftermath plus aging both are considerably imp factors! There's no doubt about her +ve attitude and her winning spirit! But yeah, the draw is also significant CHN GPG is a really easy draw and provided she is supposed to visit CHN anyhow (for BAC) why not get some practice and earn some points!
    Much said

9. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Yeah..I was not aware that the Continental championships will be held in China..seems like a good decision than, but I am worried about her dip in rank more.

10. Maurice MJC

What a fight between Chen Long and PS Prannoy !!!!! :O Already 1h05 min of play !! Prannoy with the advantage in G3 17-16

11. Maurice MJC

Very comfortable win by Axelsen against Wei Nan 21-13 21-11

12. Maurice MJC

Chen long back level! 18-18 G3

13. Maurice MJC

Close shave by Chen Long coming back from 16-18 in G3 to win 21-19! after 71 minutes of play

14. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Seeding for the Olympics will be based on WR on 21 July. The last significant tournament would be the US Open GP Gold.

arjevo and Maurice MJC like this.
  15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    http://www.chinatopix.com/articles/...aiming-successful-singapore-open-campaign.htm

Badminton News: China’s Top Players Chen Long, Lin Dan Aim for Successful Singapore Open Campaign
    By Ritz Agranum | Apr 13, 2016 11:52 AM EDT

[​IMG]
    World No. 1 Chen Long and world No. 3 Lin Dan are seeking to win their maiden Singapore Open title.(Photo : gettyimages.com)

The two elite shuttlers of the world have competed and came out victorious at several badminton competitions around the globe (sharing a total of 81 individual titles between them) but the Singapore Open crown, which has a money prize of US$350,000.00, is one that has eluded China's Chen Long and Lin Dan thus far.

Two-time Olympic champion Lin participated in the 2011 Singapore Open, but only managed to finish as the tourney's runner-up. The current world No. 1 Chen Long has already competed three times, but never reached even the quarterfinal round of the Singapore City-based badminton event.

"I haven't been here for a couple of years and the Singapore Open is one of the hardest tournaments to play because of the draft," said Lin, who is ranked world No. 3 by the BWF. "My best performance was the finals and I'm hoping to do better this time round and I look forward to badminton fans coming down to support Team China and Lin Dan."

2015 BWF World Champion Chen will be looking to bounce back and recover from his loss to Lee Chong Wei in the recently concluded Malaysia Open final.

Chen, 27, will be striving to claim his first ever Singapore Open crown. The Chinese ace was unsuccessful in his two previous participations as he was eliminated in the second round of the tournament in both 2011 and 2015.

"This is my third time here and I have never entered the quarter finals before so I hope that I can enter this time round," Chen said.

Read more: http://www.chinatopix.com/articles/82837/20160413/badminton-news-china-top-players-chen-long-lin-dan-aiming-successful-singapore-open-campaign.htm#ixzz45mWSBcI4

nilesh123 likes this.
  16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Mainaky qualifies for Singapore Open main draw as she aims to replicate uncle's achievements
    http://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...-as-she-aims-to-replicate-uncles-achievements

[​IMG]
    Indonesia's Lyanny Alessandra Mainaky began to follow in the footsteps of her famous family members as the Singapore Open commenced with qualifying competition today.
    The 19-year-old progressed through the preliminary rounds at the Singapore Indoor Stadium and will play in the main draw of a Badminton World Federation (BWF) Super Series event for the first time.
    She comes from a badminton family as she is the daughter of Japan coach Riony Mainaky and niece of Olympic gold medallist Rexy Mainaky, who won the men's doubles title for Indonesia with Ricky Subagja at Atlanta 1996.
    The teenager first saw off Chinese Taipei's Chen Hsiao Huan 26-24, 14-21, 21-19 before knocking out Singapore's home hope Ai Ninna Tan, 21-7 24-22.

Her prize is a first round clash against Canada's Commonwealth Games champion Michelle Li.
    “She is very happy and excited," said Rexy Mainaky, who was watching from the stands and is now the technical director of the Indonesia Badminton Association.
    "She has been going to tournaments for two to three years now and it’s the first time she has gotten this far."
    Another Indonesian woman, Yulia Yosephin Susanto, is also through after a shock second round preliminary win over the qualifying second seed.
    She beat Swiss player Sabrina Jaquet 22-20, 24-22 after beating Singapore's Quek Chun Yi 21-9 21-11 in round one.
    Her reward is a clash with Japan's overall second seed Nozomi Okuhara in the first round.
    In the men's draw, the talking point came when Malaysia's Zulfadli Zulkiffli knocked out his younger brother Zulhelmi Zulkiffli 21-14, 21-11 in the second round.
    Sony Dwi Kuncoro of Indonesia and Japan’s Kenta Nishimoto also came through qualifying, but Singapore's Derek Wong fell at the second hurdle to Chinese Taipei’s Lin Yu Hsien, 21-14, 21-16.
    The main draw will begin tomorrow.

(Unfortunately both lost their R32 matches but gained valuable experience.)

17. Master

Master Regular Member

I saw him registered in a few tournaments in 2016 but after that withdrawn with no information regarding his withdrawn.

On latest data, I see him registered in Australian SS, as reserved list because his ranking already out of top 100.