U-shape side support washer does not fit my GAMMA X-6FC?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by semin, Apr 30, 2016.

1. semin

semin Regular Member

I recently received my new GAMMA X-6FC and was about to install Michal's U-shape side supports and noticed that somehow the washer for the U-shape side support is just too big for my GAMMA X-6FC, and therefore there is no way that I can screw and tighten the U-shape supports with nuts on my new GAMMA X-6FC.

Before I ordered the side supports and the X-6FC I double checked with Michal about the side support and my machine model so I was expecting that they should fit flawlessly.

The washer on GAMMA's original side support is smaller and its inner diameter is also too small for the U-shape side support's bolt.

After notifying Michal of this issue he is suspecting that either GAMMA might have changed design of the arm or my one is an exceptional machine.

Has any one (particularly those with GAMMA X-6FC) come across this problem? Or how does your side arm look like? Is there anything I can do here? (I don't think using the U-shape support without washer or without tightening without nuts is feasible) GAMMA stringing machine X-6FC 011.JPG GAMMA stringing machine X-6FC 012.JPG

GAMMA stringing machine X-6FC 011.JPG GAMMA stringing machine X-6FC 012.JPG

2. Stein_r

Stein_r Regular Member

employee
    Why don't you go for the original gamma badminton support? They fit on your old metal side support!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

3. Desmond C

Desmond C Regular Member

I had the exact same problem with my X6FC. I just learned to deal with it, since at the time I didn't know that they were supposed to completely tighten until they couldn't move :p. I also just ordered a set of supports from Michal for my new 6004, and I think the washers will be equally as large. What I'm going to do is try to grind down the washers on one side so that it's flattened/thin enough to fit into the arm itself.

Another solution would be to install a plate/sheet with a hole of the diameter of the bolt that can stretch across the width of the arm. Then you can tighten the supports properly, although this might take a little bit more thought.

4. Desmond C

Desmond C Regular Member

P.S I used Michal's supports for the past 8 months and had no issues even though they were moveable.

5. semin

semin Regular Member

I was actually thinking of grinding the washers on one side too, but then I realised that I would also have to grind the 6 corners of each of the nuts a little too for the similar reason. Did you have to grind your nuts to tighten Michal's support on your X-6FC too?

Also it seems I have to add 1-2 layers of washer for each support as the distance between the nut and the white tube is bigger than the thickness of the washer and therefore there is still no way that I can tighten the supports on my X-6FC side arms with only one layer of washer.

6. Desmond C

Desmond C Regular Member

I can also grind the nuts yes, but I requested that Michal send me extra washers to layer up, which would let me tighten without smoothing out the nuts

7. semin

semin Regular Member

In that case I think I can just get some washers of the same size / diameter easily from local engineer shop to layer up. ;)

8. Esteban

Esteban Regular Member

They *did* change the 6-point tower design.
    I have one from 2012 with Michal's supports and they tighten just fine.
    A guy I used to string for bought one this past winter and I noticed the towers were definitely different from mine when I was over at his house teaching him how to use it. I didn't do a side-by-side comparison though.

I will try an upload pictures of the underside of mine tonight.

9. Desmond C

Desmond C Regular Member

Just received my new supports from Michal. Here is what I did with the washers that Michal gave me to make them better fit my machine

Please note that I requested more washers than Michal usually provides for his customers..