APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

can anyone review Apacs Tweet 7000 II international, please?

2. takumi4

takumi4 Regular Member

Review of Apacs Nano Fusion Speed 722

I have always been a Yonex fan but the increasing prices persuaded me to look at alternatives. Being a Malaysian, I have always known Apacs as a decent brand though my only experience with it was the Virtuoso Performance and that was a few years back.

About two months ago, I jumped on a deal to get a Blend 7000 because I wanted to try out the 'double-sided' concept. To take full advantage of the shipping prices, I bought a Nano Fusion Speed 722 as well.

The Blend is a good racket as stated in my previous review but it wasn't enough to convince me to let go of my Yonex bias. I initially planned to use the Blend for a couple of months to get a better feel for it but my shoulder wasn't its usual self one day so I tried out the lighter and more balanced Nano Fusion Speed... I have not let go of the racket since and am now a through and through Apacs fan, so much so that I just put in an order for the Lethal 110 international.

On to the review

Looks
    I got myself the grey version because I'm a bit tired of all the flashy graphics on rackets nowadays. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it is more of a gunmetal colour than grey. It looks good though I would have preferred the brand and model decals to be smaller. If grey isn't your thing, don't fret... the Nano Fusion Speed 722 comes in plenty of colours from white to orange, pink, purple and black.

Also I got the 5U version which is comparable to the 4U of Yonex. You can also get the Nano Fusion Speed 722 in a 6U make but I'm used to 3U Yonex rackets so I opted for the 5U Apacs version instead.

Power - 3.5 out of 5
    When it comes to rating the power of rackets, 4 usually means it delivers the power that I am used to. 5 means it gives me more oomph that what I am capable of. Here the Nano Fusion Speed 722 gets a 3.5 because while I can still generate pace on my smashes, I felt that it wasn't as powerful as what I am used to. Clears were easy and effortless. You can get the distance easily but pace is slightly less but this turned out to be a blessing in disguise (see Speed).

Accuracy - 5 out of 5
    On the Apacs chart posted in the previous page, the Nano Fusion Speed 722 is classified as a 'skill' 'hold' racket. I never pay much attention to these because I feel I can't get the most out of the extra 'hold' a racket provides. At my level of play, the difference between a repulsion and a hold racket would be lost on me. But the Nano Fusion Speed 722 allowed me to place my shots where I want them very consistently. I remember a game where I decided to return some serves to a point near the outline and I got it to land on the line three times in a row. I'm convinced this racket is on par in terms of control and accuracy with my much more expensive Yonex Arcsaber 9 FL.

Speed - 5 out of 5
    This is the fastest racket I have ever used. It is 672mm which is shorter than most offerings by 3mm. This is done to make it faster. I understand if the 3mm bothers you but it really shouldn't. I had no problems shifting between the 675mm rackets and this one. You are supposed to generate power with the speed of the racket, unfortunately that is not part of my game. But the speed opened up a new aspect of badminton for me. I wasn't generating the same power I am used to but the speed and maneuverability of the Nano Fusion Speed 722 allowed me to be really creative with my shots. I am smashing at angles that I haven't been able to achieve with my other rackets. I also have more time and leverage to play around with dropshots. Also I realised I am no longer just defending smashes, I can now drive a return and turn defence into offence. Another instance was when I completely missed a smash from the baseline but still had time to recover and do a dropshot after my initial failed smash attempt.

Verdict
    This is one heck of a racket for RM119.00 (US$30) from Sportshorizon.com. I have used a lot of rackets that are three to four times more expensive but would rate this racket much higher than those and this is before taking the price into account. The only thing that can be improved is its power but that is already too much to ask for considering its US$30 price.

This racket will be ideal for doubles players who compete or play against opponents who like to drive the shuttle, giving you less opportunities for full on smashes. Wrist smashes are easy to execute and control. This is a racket that I can confidently say will help you improve in certain areas of your game.

The Nano Fusion Speed 722 is an amazing and fun racket to use. Mindblowing if you consider the price. If I broke this racket, I would most definitely get a similar replacement. It is a racket that will grow with you and should be able to serve someone well from the beginner to the intermediate level.

#6122 takumi4, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    SnowWhite likes this.
  3. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Good review. Exactly what i felt with 722, very fun racket to play with and it is my son favorite arsenal. The red and black combination is awesome.
    Nanofusion 722.JPG

4. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I've got to say the N Power 900 blue (head heavy balance, medium stiff shaft) is also a delight to use. Only played with it a couple of times but I really love it.

Easy to power smash despite the lighter weight. Swing speed if also high, allowing me to do steeper smashes.

The black version (medium balance, medium flex shaft) however I don't like as much. Still a decent racket but lacking in power.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

5. webbingmania

webbingmania Regular Member

Apacs just released a racket that has similar looks as the yonex duora 10, its call Apacs Dual Speed & Power.
    The specs is different though. Instead of having 2 design on the same racket head, they make it into offensive and tactical version.
    May be they don't want yonex to say they copy them :p

6. Tien

Tien Regular Member

Where did you see this? Honestly, technology is all about being innovative. I think it is way past saying who copied who. Should be improved upon.

7. Carbonex_7

Yonex is the copy cat this time.

8. pxwee5

pxwee5 Regular Member

Anyone tried the new Tantrum 200 II yet ?

9. TigerSmash

TigerSmash Regular Member

I've tried but imo the head is rather unstable. Mine was strung with bg80 @28lbs.

10. Carbonex_7

oouch. I am thinking of getting the new T200 II end of this year when I visit KL. May be I should settle with T200/300 before the old stocks run out.

11. pxwee5

pxwee5 Regular Member

Aw ... Well I started playing with the T200 actually. Now using the AVPerformance. The control for the AVP is lacking compared to the T200 and I miss it so much!

Well, I'm getting the Nano 722 for my sister's birthday. Hopefully can test it.

12. so_ultra

so_ultra New Member

New weapon received ! (Blend 6000, Speed/Power)

[​IMG]

13. mannGaurav

mannGaurav New Member

I have been using yonex arcsaber z slash, and i love it. I can't afford to buy a new one. Current one's frame has a crack. Is there any apacs racket which is more or less similar in feel to it ?

My local seller has the N Force 111 for around 60$ , has anyone tried it ?
    Please don't dismiss this as another yonex clone wannabe. :)

14. xgumbyx

xgumbyx Regular Member

I have two N Force III, one strung at 28 and the other 24 (both zymax 66FP) I absolutely love the one strung at 28

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

15. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Could you describe the feel and accuracy and power of the n force? I I decided to the get the n power 900 instead.

16. mannGaurav

mannGaurav New Member

Can you send a picture ? I decided to buy n force 111 but it was sold out when I went to the shop. :(

17. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

can anyone review Apacs Tweet 7000 II international, please?

18. ribafish

ribafish New Member

Hi, I'm in need of a new racket. My previous one was a Li-Ning Flame 360 (which broke, hence the need for a new one). I've recently tried the Apacs Virtuoso Performance and i liked it...but I can't find it in stock online anywhere... at least not for the price they seem to have been available (around 45$ on Sportshorizon).

What I would like from a racket is slightly head heavy, meaning bp at 295mm, medium flex, isometric head and 4U or 5U weight, preferably priced around 50$ (or less obviously)
    For now what I've found (that are in also in stock at sportshorizon or 925badmintonace on ebay):
    • APACS STARDOM FORCE
    • APACS LURID POWER 21
    • Apacs Force 80
    • Apacs N-Power 900 Blue

The problem is I can't find any reviews on these rackets, so that's why I'm turning here for help. (Or if anyone knows where I could get the Virtuoso Performance, that would be the most helpful =)

#6138 ribafish, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  19. ogcstrike

ogcstrike New Member

hey guys im currently looking at the tantrum 200ii as a possible replacement for my yonex mp99, can anyone here give me some suggestions for a possible apacs racket equivalent?

20. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I have not tried the other apacs rackets but the n power 900 blue is quite good. If you hit the sweet spot and with the right timing, very crisp smashes and good control. It is lighter and more stiff than the Li Ning you had. A different feel but I found it quite enjoyable.