Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    There you go everything answered about LD. He was cheated at Korean Open and Zhong Bo made a mistake at the team competition, that's all. No big of a deal!

I would choose to enjoy LD's performance from now especially at Rio Oly:cool:

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    It depends on the subject of discussion and whether any additional information is necessary.
    And of course, which side you're on. :D

3. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

To be honest, I'm not looking for a boyfriend so I don't need this 'more rounded picture'.
    I just want to watch him playing and that's all.

volcom, ashers888 and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks for the inside scoop. You know how malicious rumours or gossips can be without eyewitness accounts and the parties involved coming out to verify and clarify matters. As a result,sensational tabloids won't hesitate to lap it up with no regard for the truth but to turn it into some juicy news.

volcom likes this.
  5. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Clap Clap Clap

6. Nine Tailed Fox

There is additional information about another player as well which I don't think would be correct for me to bring forward everytime he does something worthy of appreciation. That's not how I work.

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Haha, you are not a party to the whole incident, how can we verify the truth? Who is gossiping or spreading malicious rumours now?

But I hope that picture of LD assaulting somebody is not untrue, a fake? :rolleyes:

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    As I've said it depends on the subject of discussion and how you bring forward your point of argument with whatever necessary information to substantiate.

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    You're in the wrong place. Look for his picture elsewhere, more appropriately YouTube.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

His 'other side' seven years ago ? When he was much younger and perhaps somewhat rash and impetuous. What about Lin Dan today, esp after London 2012? Is he still like that now that we must compare him with what he did many years ago lest we forget?

Don't worry, it'll never be a one-sided picture of him, what with righteous people like you eager to remind us of his past incidents for which in the age of the Internet are easily available with just a few clicks. Fret not, I'm sure the great majority of us aren't that innocent,naive or starry-eyed that we see only the good side of him and blind to any bad side so much so that you,Loh, felt duty-bound to take it upon yourself to point out his past misdeed(s) 'to paint a more rounded picture', to use your own words.

Strange, somehow in your kind intention to strike a balance, I can't help but feel you inadvertently reveal more of yourself than Lin Dan. That , to err is human , to forgive divine - is less important than we can forgive, but never forget.

That said,I believe Lin Dan never forgets his past mistakes, whatever they may be, for how else did he become what he is today. He has over the years learnt, grown, matured,and transformed into the Lin Dan we know, and I accept him for what he is, warts and all. As I've said before, the more you know about him, the more you like him.

11. Nine Tailed Fox

Subject of discussion was to appreciate the gesture done by Lin Dan.

But someone was not satisfied and instead of revealing LD's action 754957 years ago,he revealed himself.

12. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

I tend to agree with this sentiment. Perhaps Loh truly is trying to balance our perspectives, I believe a balanced perspective is not 50:50.
    For example, If 10 good deeds were done, and 1 mistake occurred, it is not fair to remind everyone of the 1 mistake, each time that the good deed was reported. Like many have said the Korean open outburst occurred 7 years ago. While I don't condone the attitude Lin Dan portrayed that day, it is understandable where the overwhelming frustration came from.
    With the introduction of Hawkeye, all players on the main TV courts at SS level and above events now get a definitive ruling. It is going to be unlikely that Lin Dan's outburst on crying cheat will occur again.

I believe Lin Dan is a great sportsman, showman and to me, the greatest of all time simply because of the way he plays. I don't necessarily think he's the kindest person, but his "faults" are can be portrayed both ways. Lin Dan's rage can be called passion, and his arrogance is complete self confidence. Those "faults" are also the traits that lead him to become a champion.

weiping_tx, Pirayeba67, visor and 2 others like this.
  13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I wonder how many times Lin Dan's past mistakes must be brought up before anybody is allowed to say anything good and positive about him lest we forget and for the sake of 'a more rounded picture' ?

volcom likes this.
  14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well said. That's what I called a balanced view, 'a more rounded picture'.

There's no smoke without fire. That Ji Xinpeng incident, if what zezevii said is true, is the result of a misunderstanding unwittingly caused by Zhong Bo which provoked JXP and Lin Dan into an altercation. The fact that Tang Xianhu, whom Lin Dan revered, had spoken should be enough to convince us the said incident had been settled properly (whether amicably or not, I've no idea, but since neither party ever mentioned it, I believe either party would be amused if it was ever brought up to them again).

15. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

I'd rather focus on how Lin Dan's been steadily improving with his tournament records this year.
    After his air of invincibility was broken last year, he's slowing building it back up.
    China Masters was hardly a difficult tournament for him since most big names are resting to prep for Badminton Asia Championships.
    But beating Chen Long is certainly going to be a mental boost for him after losing twice.

However, I wouldn't assign too much value to this win, as both Chen Long and Lin Dan are essentially in their worse form from the long journey to earn points.
    Also, those closed camps China do before major events might make all the difference when the time comes.

16. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

I happen to know the person who told a journalist that LD and JXP had a fight. He is a friend of JXP's ex-wife.He didn't witness what happened but still he contacted the journalist.

Oldhand likes this.
  17. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

This is a badminton forum and we love to talk about badminton,any problem?
    I've got no idea why you don't want to join us:cool:

18. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

You said you had just wanted to watch him play, that's why uncle Loh had asked you to go to youtube.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

So the journalist's scoop was based on hearsay. Thanks for the information.

20. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

Yes back to topic.

LD has been regaining his match fitness since the beginning of this year and also he's been building up his mental strength. I know how mentally strong he is but he does play some psychological games as his preparation for OG.
    Technically I won't regard this win as some sort of good victory neither, but for LD this win would be very important,especially this happened on China Master final.
    I think LD still wants to prove that he's the leader of Chinese national team. I don't mean captain, Cai Yun is still the captain although he hasn't trained with the team for a while.He wants to show that he's the one to rely on.
    And beating CL at home is the perfect way.