Day 5: FINAL - China vs Indonesia

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2005' started by apontoh, May 14, 2005.

?

Who wins the Sudirman Cup?

Poll closed May 16, 2005.
  1. China

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Indonesia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. winstonchan

winstonchan Regular Member

CBO (Chief Babysitting Officer)
    I'm happy China won.:) In a away I was a bit disppointed that there was no MD game tonight...:crying: . Wanted to watch Fu/Cai against Sigit & Candra.
    nothing's perfect i guess

2. badplayer2004

badplayer2004 Regular Member

well...for a moment there..LYB was the most nervous man in the world....

ends well as the happiest man in the world....:D

this is no joke in the homeground not winning....

3. Sansanz

Sansanz Regular Member

Yupe , iam very excited to watch tis both team , bcoz both of them aso very strong in skills , n they nearly own the same point....:eek:

4. badplayer2004

tolja folkes about the evening game...its a hint there WON'T be many matches.....:D

just a case of nerves....who can hold them the longest before breaking down...taufik or lindan

5. badplayer2004

wow...lindan's racket string broke in the 1st game 4-0 score.....

taufik's confident poise in lower here than when he fought peter gade
    definitely he is more nervous than his norm..musta be the pressure....he really played below the level he had with peter's match

the MX DID DECIDE matters after all.....

#405 badplayer2004, May 15, 2005
    Last edited: May 15, 2005
  6. badplayer2004

i certainly need to apologize to lindan....didnt have enough faith in him...:D

he didnt even need to resort to his usual dirty tricks...:p

7. badplayer2004

lindan settled all the arguments and put downs on his supposed "inferior" skills today...:)

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Lin Dan now has a 2-1 record against Taufik..They met a few yrs. ago when LinDan wasn't known and just came out. LinDan won in straight sets at that time as well...I belief they played at a "neutral" site..
    So for now, they are 1-1 playing in each other's home country..For sure, their head to head match to be continued..:).

9. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

cuz he is left handed :)D ) lol

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yeah, I didn't think so either..For some reason throughout the entire game, even in the 1st set, I could feel if Taufik didn't have that look..Perhaps realizing the XD had lost, it took a lot out of him..He tried in the 1st set to win, but lost his will and focus near the end of the 2nd set..I mean you can tell by his body language during the game and esp. after the loss, only shaked hands with LinDan and walked off, seemed dejected even before he played the game...
    Disappointed, yes, as I was expecting a better fight out of him and pull off a win, even if the Indos didn't have any chance..Again, that's his weakness, as some people have known already..

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, I don't think he was really nervous, but yes agree, he seemed more pressured and dejected...I don't really think the crowd affected Taufik as much, probably a little bit of the WS(Fransisca) as this is her first time, but I felt it affected the XD guy, Nova..:p.
    I'm sure the XD loss took a toll on him as he can't concentrate and focus..I and probably some of you can see how LinDan played quite "loose" and "relaxed" throughout the game, no pressure in comparison to Taufik which played tight and not his normal self..There's no excuse and great job for LinDan..It's too bad Taufik didn't gave his all against LinDan this time around, win or lose..:p.
    But I'm sure he'll get another chance and play much better against LinDan, which I know he's capable of..Hopefully @ the WC we'll see another rematch, with a fresher and "less pressured" Taufik.. :cool:

#411 ctjcad, May 15, 2005
  12. badplayer2004

#412 badplayer2004, May 15, 2005
  13. badplayer2004

we see 2 different taufik...one with peter,one with lindan:rolleyes:

14. badplayer2004

lol....just saw taufik gave ld a long stare at the 10-8 pt 2nd game....and saw ld's first frown of the match just right after...when he hit full body on the floor...

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

You sure??...I, personally didn't see a full-all-out effort from Taufik today..He lost today from upstairs(his mind)..He controlled LinDan basically the whole game, except the last few points near the end of the 1st set and towards the 2nd half and end of the 2nd game..
    Yes, LinDan is quite fast and quick with his footwork, but needs to work more on his net play and techniques, as he was fooled once when he thought Taufik was going to do a net drop but instead Taufik did a lob over him..

16. badplayer2004

lookes like i was WRONG.....3rd match was NOT PIVOTAL.....but CONCLUSIONAL....for the cup....:eek:

17. badplayer2004

i first saw lin dan right here in manila in a jvc invitational 2001.....xia xuanze was quite popular and impressive with his skill....

in the finals.....lin dan appeared...i saw a scrawny teenage kid...and says..what is this joke doing here against xia? then lin dan won....was still NOT IMPRESSED....maybe he got lucky....at the time.....his style was lookes quite ordinary then...same as now....:p now he prove me WRONG.....:D

#417 badplayer2004, May 15, 2005
  18. other

other Regular Member

Student
    hehe...the cynics amongst us could say that this was intentional so that it can't be said at lin dan beat taufik while he was trying his hardest, and that he didn't really have anything to play for since indonesia had lost the first rubber. basically a escape route after losing that first set:D

bad thoughts bad thoughts don't be so cynical:(

19. badplayer2004

his failure to be "all out" tonite just reflects his real maturity level as a player.....lack of consistency....look at zhang ning's steely consistency....as a steadfast professional....

now we see/know pure talent alone is NOT ENOUGH......at the highest levels...

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, like I've been saying all along even before the Final was played, it was the key as it will set the tone...:p.