Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I was talking about fans giving excuses when their idol lost - not the player himself.

Did LCW give any excuses for losing at the India Open?

SleepyEyedBoyZ likes this.
  2. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

nope

3. soami

soami Regular Member

Run out of them. Perhaps. You can blame cold/hot water, indigestion, fever only limited no of times.

4. soami

soami Regular Member

Wei Nan has withdrawn from Malaysia Open. Thank the all graceful and the almighty.

5. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

That SO case is not an excuse for loss, it was an excuse needed for retirement / walkover.

Compared with numerous variety in LCW's (or just his fans') losses, normally LD's fans would just get one, LD was not interested in winning that game, although not as frequent as LCW's.

edvine likes this.
  6. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    Which is currently being used by LCW? He was earlier using Duora 10 and looks like he has switched back to his earlier Z force II racket.

7. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

Rumour said it was his signature racket, Duora 10 LCW.

8. petricnah

petricnah Regular Member

Attached Files:

hazariel likes this.
  9. hazariel

hazariel Regular Member

It is already official for sometime, his edition of duora 10

10. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    It is better to lose in the starting rounds, then win the next tournament, then to be losing finalist over and over. I think it is good in a way because it gets you fired up to win in the next. It was an exhilarating performance in the MO finals. Victor Axel is touted to be the player to watch in future, is nowhere near him for now. That said, the women singles now is more exciting to watch than men's singles, with so many raw and superb talents up and coming. Service faults are increasingly more complicated to understand, notwithstanding that if you already knew racket below the waist is enough, but no, but apparently the number of degrees the racket head compass is at is very complicating, not to mention unclear. It is virtually useless to ask the service umpire anything when you are faulted as you will only incur the wrath of the sitting umpire. If you want more time to dilly dally, just purposely throw your towel unkempt out of the box, and you will get more time. But no, you can't choose to bite your nails. If you are really really dripping with sweat all over the court, and the fanatic-sterned umpire will not allow you a wipe, just pretend to slip and fall on the court. But yes, i support the notion to keep the pace of the game on-going without interruptions. And why didn't the mix doubles coach fix the error of low services from Chan Peng Soon? That's all he has to fix and the game is theirs now. Ask him go talk to Razif, both are same victims of bad service in the beginning, but the latter improved very much. Dare to lose, haha. Way to go LCW. But to LD also kudos. I think Inthanon reaped rewards of from the exhibition match with LD, but LD did not acquire anything useful from the match.

11. talakuchi

talakuchi Regular Member

Hi all, the "LEE C W" on Lee Chong Wei's jersey, is it double spaces? As in "LEE<SPACE><SPACE>C<SPACE><SPACE>W"?

12. touya

touya Regular Member

Hopefully he can maintain his 2nd seed, or even get 1st seed for Olympics, it should(probably) make his life easier then.

13. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Ok so far LCW won MAS master GP and MAS SS this year. We will see whether he is peaking at right time just before TC and Oly... his first victim is WZM in BAC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

14. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

Interesting game between Lin dan & LCW. 1st game we see LCW came from behind to win the game & lost his focus in Game 2. The 3rd Game we see a confident LCW. IMHO, I think LCW is much smarter now when playing against Lin Dan. In Game 3 I can see he tends to hit the shuttle at the empty spot where Lin Dan was unable to reach.

Well Lin Dan is sure thirsty for revenge. It will be a closer match against a fresher Lin Dan in Olympics. I really hope LCW can make his game more unpredictable & reduce his unforced errors.

#12454 xsakurax, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  15. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

it's a good game today for LCW.

Yet I will not be so silly to say openly that my major rival who did better than me in the very long past, doesn't know how to prepare for a major competition, particularly this rival was really doing much better than myself in this very long past...

kwun likes this.
  16. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

Hopefully LCW will keep this momentum to the OG. Top 3 will be around those players.

17. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

Do you guys think LCW can maintain his form in Olympics? I am sure that the Chinese team will prepare an answer sheet to counter LCW's game after the ABC. Often when LCW is able to win against the China players before the major tournament, he tends to crumble when it comes to the most important tournaments:(:(:( Lin Dan & Chen Long always has the answer for LCW's game in WC & Olympics:(:(

18. seagame2001

seagame2001 Regular Member

CNC
    I think LCW play a little different against Chen Long and LinDan. His new coach helped him as we can see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. visor

visor Regular Member

Yes, ever since his comeback after the 6 month sanction, he's been honing a different style of play.

More patient and controlling, but with sudden bursts of incredible speed (for any age, much less his 33 yr old body! ) when there's a chance for attack. His net play used to be one of his weakness, but no longer now as he can regularly roll the shuttle off the net. (And even provide a perfect net cord reply off CL's net cord shot! CL was left scratching his head WTH was that! )

On top of that, he's also regularly incorporating deceptive hold and hit shots, whether on overhead shots or forecourt shots. Often his opponent's timing is thrown off and occasionally end up scrambling wrong footed.

But the most significant improvement is his mental state. ***He's no longer afraid of losing.*** And that is very important because it frees him from the burden to win as the only MAS representative in the late stages of most tournaments. Now we see him playing more free and relaxed, unstressed... even smiling at his own silly mistakes now and then. And even allow him to come back to win games from behind.

All this is clearly evident in the recent MAS open, and now this BAC.

Welcome to LCW Ver. 2.0.

#12459 visor, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
    Raajneesht, indrg, kwun and 4 others like this.
  20. seagame2001

seagame2001 Regular Member

CNC
    Yeah he played more on the net and his cross court drop was great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk