2016 Bonny China Masters GP Gold - Entry List & DRAW

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open/ Singapore Open/ China Masters 2016' started by CLELY, Mar 20, 2016.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

M/Q Report version 1 (updated 18th March 2016) : http://system.bwfbadminton.com/uplo...sion 1 (Updated Friday, 18th March 2016).xlsx

DRAW date : 29th March 2016

Two prominent names, Chen Long- Lin Dan lead Chinese armada alongside with the Olympic Champion Li Xuerui. KOR will bring full force here including MD world #1 Lee Yong Dae/Yoo Yeon Seong, India also have registered their A-listers, Saina Nehwal, P.V. Sindhu, Srikanth Kidambi.

nilesh123 and kwun like this.
  2. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    wow, many if not most players are going through a very tough 5 weeks. Koreans and many others are registered for 5 continuous weeks of tournaments: New Zealand GPG, India SS, Malaysia SSP, Singapore SS, China GPG. Crazy. I hope no one will come out injured after so much competitive badminton... There will certainly be many WDNs after MAS Open I fear. Even LD is registered for 4 consicutive tournaments.
    I also noticed that CHN always fields LXR and WSX in one SS and WYH in the other SS...

kwun likes this.
  3. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Obviously, the players are buying insurance policies for their Olympic dreams.

If they gather good points at one tournament, they will skip the next one. If they bow out early, they will roll the dice again next week.

Right after China Masters, there will also be the continental championships. For Asia players, there will be SS level rankings points to be taken.

4. touya

touya Regular Member

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

BWF link for the draw (Excel format) : http://system.bwfbadminton.com/uplo... DRAW (Updated Tuesday, 29th March 2016).xlsx

Home young talent Chen Yufei will challenge Japan wonder teen Akane Yamaguchi at first round. Top-seed Li Xuerui is drawn with He Bingjiao, P.V. Sindhu and Yui Hashimoto while second seed Saina Nehwal occupies lower half of draw alongside with Sun Yu, Yamaguchi and Bae Yeon Ju.

World number one Chen Long is expected to clear preliminary rounds and will set up a clash with either Sho Sasaki or local future star Shi Yuqi at last sixteen. Possible R/32 intriguing tie to follow, H.S.Prannoy v Huang Yuxiang. Indian hope Srikanth Kidambi is slated to meet Tanongsak at third round and either Lee Dong Keun or Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin in last eight. At bottom half, Chinese ace Lin Dan looks good to cruise into semifinal and may meet the defending champion Wang Zhengming in semifinal.

Oldhand and nilesh123 like this.
  6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    My prediction: LXR will win China Masters this year. She will be either ranked No. 1 or No. 2 on 21 July 2016.

Which ever one of two Wangs can attain either world ranking No. 1 or No. 2 (together with LXR) on 21 July will go to Rio with LXR.

The three contenders LXR, WYH and WSX will be assisted by Sun Yu and HBJ from now till 21 July.

I think that's Chen Jin's plan. With the help of Tang Xue Hua (who just came out of semi-retirement) and Zhang Ning, I believe the above is achievable.

#6 pcll99, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A large and very strong turnout for a GPG, on the same level as any SS, almost or good enough for a premier SS even. The only surprise absentees in the CHN camp are Wang Yihan and Wang Shixian. Other notable absentees are Nozomi Okuhara and Carolina Marin. Nevertheless, still a star-studded cast for Women's Singles for a level 3 BWF-sanctioned event that also qualifies for the Race to Rio.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What I dislike is that Li Xuerui and He Bingjiao are drawn in the same quadrant. Ideally, I'd wish to see them in opposite halves.

9. Maurice MJC

Maurice MJC Regular Member

A pretty good turnout but certainly not on the level of any SS or PSS -or even the German GPG, especially in the WS and MS category where only 3 players of the top 10 in each category are playing the tournament. Good turnout for the MD and WD with 4 & 6 teams from the top 10 joining the tournament

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I disagree with you, to each his own then.

11. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    It's a GPG in China after three superseries with another superseries right after if you're an asian player, I don't think GPGs are directly comparable for scheduling reasons and their subordination to superseries events.

12. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    They have to decide who to go to Rio way before 21 July.

13. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Saina should take rest and participate for BAC instead of China Masters. This will add further burden to already crowded schedule .

volcom likes this.
  14. mikescully

mikescully Regular Member

Our 14 y.o. home boy, Kodai Naraoka will make his debut in GPG from elimination round facing Shi Yuqi, look forward to his little baby steps to stardom.

Oldhand and suetyan like this.
  15. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

I am too looking forward. He looks more humble than Momota. lol

Oldhand likes this.
  16. Maurice MJC

Maurice MJC Regular Member

Akane Yamaguchi, n°3 seed has withdrawn from the Bonny China Masters 2016 following a pretty good run at the Singapore Open with lots of dive in her semifinal match against Ratchanok Intanton. Ling Fang Hu will be promoted from the Qualification draw to the main, to play against Chen Yufei in the first round.

Oldhand likes this.
  17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I was looking forward to Akane Y vs Chen Yufei, alas, not to be, as Akane has withdrawn last minute.

18. RedShuttle

Eagerly awaiting for the return of Ou Dongni / Yu Xiaohan.

Hope they will play on Court 2 and that "Embedding is disabled" message will not show up.

Oldhand likes this.
  19. RedShuttle

Just noticed that the prize money decreased from last year's $250k to this year's $150k.

It was mind boggling that not too many players showed up last year for some easy money. Given the difficult spot in the schedule, the organizer may have realized that money is really not the only thing and decided to save the money instead.

Oldhand and Maurice MJC like this.
  20. mikescully

mikescully Regular Member

Yeah he still listens to his daddy, so he could still go places. Hope he won't have any misleading senpai like Momota when he's already there.