APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. boon_keng

boon_keng Regular Member

Besides looking like bravesword 12, could you describe your playing experience with it? I am thinking of buying one. Thanks

2. boon_keng

boon_keng Regular Member

Saw this chart at Facebook of apacs tw. FB_IMG_1459680618920.jpg

3. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Interesting, wonder if they have a more complete chart with more models in it?

4. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    I don't quite understand the meaning of "Hold" in the chart, is this mean less or no repulsion?

5. LightSaber

LightSaber Regular Member

Smasher
    what i understand is, repulsive means the shuttle immediately leaves the string bed upon impact while "hold" means the string bed hold the shuttle for about milisecond before the shuttle leaves.

so repulsive racket is good for fast pace games with plenty of drive shots, while 'hold' racket good for control play with plenty of drop shots, net shots.

but again, those things are only what the manufacturer target to build in a racket, how actually the racket perform will still depends on lot of parameters such as the string, string tension etc.

correct me if im wrong. just sharing my thought

dsmbooster likes this.
  6. so_ultra

so_ultra New Member

Interesting chart !!!

Does someone already tested the Apacs N-Power 10 ? I can't find any review of this

7. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

It looks interesting enough. Nice graphics. Modeled after the nanoray 900 apparently. Light with head heavy balance.

Just buy one and try it. It is cheap enough! I'm getting the n-powers 900 to try. Arrives in a couple of weeks. Yay!

8. webbingmania

webbingmania Regular Member

Anyone know if the Apacs Zig Zag Speed with compact frame (similar to the YY Z Speed) racket is around?

9. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

ZZS3 now, check here.

10. webbingmania

webbingmania Regular Member

Thanks, but I still prefer the original Zig Zag Speed because of the compact head and the color :p

11. Tien

Tien Regular Member

Hey Apacs user, I am just wondering if there is an equivalent Apacs racket to the Yonex Duora 10. In terms of the weight, shaft stiffness and maybe technology?

Thanks ahead guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Yes there are! The blend series came long before the Duora. This time Yonex is doing the copying.

Read a few pages up. Someone bought one and gave us his thoughts.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

13. Tien

Tien Regular Member

Yeah. I definitely heard that Yonex did the copying. Hahahaha! Thanks for the info. I will read through the forum

14. TigerSmash

TigerSmash Regular Member

I have a unstrung blend 2 but no idea so far how to tell which side is which lol

15. Arrowken

Arrowken Regular Member

I also got hold of two blend pro ii recently, and strung with zymax 66f 24x26lbs. The only way i can keep track of the sides is by actively not rotating my racquet at all during the rally..

In terms of feel, there IS a difference between the sides, but in my opinion not enough of an advantage to spend brain power on remembering which side is which throughout the rally.

Anyone else tried the blend?

Ps: I suppose another way to keep track would be to put distinctive inking on the stringbed?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

16. TigerSmash

TigerSmash Regular Member

Mine is strung with bg80 just under 31lbs. I haven't tried it in a game or on court yet but I think I'd look at the serial number or spec under the t joint to figure out which side is which. what were apacs thinking...lol

Don't think I'd put distinctive inking. Maybe need to stick something on the grip. Will try it out soon on court.

17. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Yay! Got my 2 N-Power 900s. Excited!

[​IMG]

18. takumi4

takumi4 Regular Member

So it's been a month since I've been using the Apacs blend 7000 and I've got mixed feelings about this racket. I did my first review on the aesthetics a few pages back and now onto the playing review.

First off I am a hobbyist and a weekend player. I play twice a week and have not played competitively in years. I did play for my school, college and then university in Brunei, Malaysia and Perth but that was decades ago. Also please understand that this review is based only on my experience and others might feel differently about this racket.

For convenience sake, I will be comparing it to my older go to racket, the Arcsaber 9 fl.

Power - 4 out of 5
    You can get quite a bit of power from this racket. Smashes are good and clears are effortless. There wasn't a single time when playing when I thought to myself that I needed more power.

Accuracy - 3 out of 5
    I struggled a bit on this aspect. It was a bit tougher to get the shuttle - in drop shot situations - to get where i actually want to place it. I can get it in the right direction but it was just not as sharp as I would prefer. Bear in mind that I am comparing this against the Arcsaber 9 FL which is one of the best out there for accuracy.

Speed - 3 out of 5
    This racket takes some effort to move around. In contrast to power, I kept thinking to myself... If only this racket was faster and more easy to maneuver. I could consistently return smashes but it just took more effort compared to some of my other rackets.

Looks - 2.5 out of 5
    If you look a few pages back you will see me raving about the looks of this racket. The paint however has started to chip and peel off. This is a bit of a disappointment considering there was no real mishits or clashes.

Gimmick
    This racket shares the same technology, or should I say inspired, the Duora rackets by Yonex. When you are just bouncing the shuttle off your racket you can definitely feel the difference between the box side and the speed side. The box side has a better feel and larger sweetspot. But once I started playing I honestly could not feel the difference. I would not be able to tell you which side is which if blindfolded.

Final thoughts
    This racket is quite similar in weight to my 3U rated Arcsaber 9 FL. It also feels like it has a similar balance point. The power is comparable but it is not as accurate. The Arcsaber is also much faster than the Blend. Of course, it is also about four times cheaper. While there is nothing wrong with the racket, there is nothing that makes it stand out either. If not for the Blend/Duora concept, this racket plays similar to the Voltic 5. It is, however, tiring to use. I find my shoulder fatigued after a few games with it. I think most players will outgrow it within a few months. It is a solid racket but if I broke mine, I would not think twice about moving on and getting something else to try out.

With that said... I also got the Nano Fusion Speed 722 at the same time as I got the Blend. I was not as excited about it at the time but gosh this is an amazing racket. Look forward to a review on it but as of right now... after a week of using it... I have nothing but praise for the Nano Fusion Speed 722.

#6118 takumi4, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    webbingmania and Tantrum like this.
  19. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I bought one. However, I am not getting the power with U4.

20. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

can any one review on AV pro (blue), please?