Yonex Sunrise India Open 2016 SF

Discussion in 'New Zealand Open / India Open 2016' started by nilesh123, Apr 1, 2016.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Hi Hi I said that it is exciting because it clearly exposed that Son Wan Ho is not a good MS player and he is indeed lucky to be able to reach the semifinals of this tournament. The match is so one sided favouring victor to win.

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Ah so sad to say doing double duties have indeed taken a toll on Ko Sung Hyun performance. Last week he lost in the semifinals, this week again the same old story. What a pitiful player indeed.

3. ytam1

ytam1 Regular Member

Student
    I heard that Kim Ha Na was hit by her partner Ko in the face during the XD match? :eek:

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Really? Anyone heard the same?

cylhh likes this.
  5. indrg

indrg Regular Member

TWK was adamant did not want to change shuttle, got a yellow card. In the end they lost and he did not want to shake hand with Kevin Sukamuljo. What a joke!

6. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    He hit her head indeed... Was another very scary moment today. Everything could have happened there too...
    Luckily she stood up and even continued to play, but her head will hurt for quite some time now!

7. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Well, that was quite an eventful Semifinal day at the India Open Super Series 2016!
    Catch you all tomorrow in the Final day's thread!

8. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    It really was an eventfull SFs day!!
    Most important: I wish Xue Song a speedy recovery, hopefully he can come back sooner than later. But it surely was the knee. anterior cruciate ligament propably. I have seen the same twice in my club :/ I really wish that he can go all the tough way back on court!

A used day for the Korean squad :/ KO sung hyun lost both SFs in three close sets. Got affected by a line-call which got them off track in the MD (whether they would have won with a seemingly correct line-call is another question :p) and destroyed his partner Kim Ha Na on a defensive shot while she was on the floor (watch the replay, very scary). Btw he broke his racket by hitting her head :oops:

JPN dominates the WD. I really enjoy this, somehow I even enjoy watching the WD more than before :D
    Eventhough JPN vs JPN could be exhausting to watch tomorrow.

LXR didn't play her best imo. SN was fighting and playing so well and would have deserved to win. I was positivly suprised how close this match was. I expected LXR to win quite convincingly. The other SF was one-sided, also expected. I hope for a great final tomorrow.

VA is back in form it seems. I think he will at least take a set tomorrow.

9. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

You are trying too hard. Quit.

Ratchanok intanon does everything better than nehwal offensively. So,now you will say Ratchanok is stronger than Saina?

10. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Xue Song was really in the zone. It is hard to tell if it was fluke or harvest time, too early to say. Now we'll have to wait and hope for a healthy return.
    If it is a ruptured ligament, there are good chance we'll see him next year.
    For Momota, he has been not up to his standard lately. Maybe it's finally Axelsen's chance tomorrow.

11. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Sanjaya served high and both GVS, TWK protested the non-call. Then, TWK took the non-call bad that he refused to return the shuttle back that Kevin insisted in keeping to use. TWK then got a yellow card. Kevin served the final pt with new shuttle anyway. Then TWK skipped shaking Kevin's in the end.

12. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I think there is no formal rule about shaking the hand. But everyone should feel it is compulsory. Whatever his reason, the coach should tell him that next time he has to shake hands.

13. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Is sad to watch the MD's sportsmanship dropping to the new low courtesy from both Malaysian/Indonesian players. Yes, Indonesians won the match(because they were the better pair on that day) but lost the respect for continuing of unnecessary showboating. I understand showboating can be part of the game but why intentionally disgrace your opponents in front of all badminton lovers watching this wonderful sport? Players, so are coaches, need to realize they are representing their nations in front of the public and both sides of players should reconvene privately to amend as closure to this unfortunate event, at least coaches of both sides should take the initiative to make it happen.
    Badminton forever!

Nine Tailed Fox and hannster like this.
  14. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Both GVS and Kevin showboated often in the match.

15. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Yes this is Axelsen's title to lose. His first SS title.

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@indrg @Han

I sincerely hope that both of you will stop talking about the MD match earlier on. Okay fine the Indonesians MD I admit are extremely good today. they are too good. Both of you should feel happy. Even Angga / Ricky also won their MD match over Ko Sung Hyun / Shin Baek Cheol today. Now I want to congratulate both the Indonesians MD for playing so well to play in the finals. Just be happy. No need to keep talking about the MD match anymore. No need everyone knew what had happened. I am sad Ko Sung Hyun / Shin Baek Cheol lose today but I also never say anything about it and just kept quiet. Why not respect the players privacy and give them a break?

Please I am begging you now.

17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

The semifinals match for the France Open has started. The Indonesians players are playing there too. So for anybody interested especially to @indrg you can watch it live now. I am now watching the matches there live.

18. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    And who made YOU moderator?

I don't mean to be rude, but there is nothing wrong with what indrg and Han said. Both are giving their observations and aren't wrong. Nothing personal in that, but rather, an honest observation of what actually transpired, and whether it is or isn't healthy for the sport.

Please stick to your love tributes, song dedications to all your fallen heroes instead.

emrebelezoglu and indrg like this.
  19. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    I had the opportunity to meet GC today after the matches and I told her about this forum and how a lot of us appreciate her and Steen's commentary. .I also asked her about her thoughts on saina's performance.
    Not the clearest of the photos though but I will take it anyway :) IMG_20160402_215817.jpg

20. indrg

indrg Regular Member

If we can't post such topic what else can we post? What is the player's privacy are you talking about? What players do in the court during the matches is public display fair to give comment on.