Kenichi Tago ( 田児賢一 )

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by jhirata, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    He's up against Ajay Jayaram in R2 of Swiss Open.

2. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

I'm a big fan of Tago and I always cross my fingers he will some day again perform at the level he used to. He won against Ajay Jayaram is straight games (and Ajay has been pretty impressive the latest 6 months or so). This may indicate he's getting back in shape after the distastrous year he's had. He will likely face Marc Zwiebler in R16 tomorrow and I'll once again keep my fingers crossed.

3. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    Me too. I like the fact that he is set on continuing fighting even though he's performance lately has been bleak compared to what it once was.
    Zwiebler played very well during the All England so it will be a tough match for Tago.

4. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    Interesting, I watched Tago's match against Ajay and for some reason I can't help thinking that his play style has changed. I can't really explain what it is, but his movements and shots are different compared to the old Tago.

Also, he doesn't seem to have a coach with him at the Swiss Open. I guess you don't get one unless you're endorsed by the national team, or pay for one.

5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Hard not to like and cheer for KT. Remember in AE final, LCW shot was clearly out, KT merely smiled, shook his head a little before shaking LCW's hand at the net, no protest. Such are the Japanese people, polite and courteous.
    If it was another player; LD would become javelin SuperDan, Taufik would walk out, LCW would have do his 'shock' move (hard to describe, you have to see LCW reaction to wrong calls)...and OTB would first check the referee nationality, then swear loudly in Bahasa...LOL

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Apparently you mean something else than I do when you say 'clearly out' oO

7. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    The camera on replay showed the bird was out...no other hidden meaning unless you have other thoughts...hmmmm

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I agree that it was out. However, re-watching it, I have to say it was rather close....less than an inch, probably less than a cm

9. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I can't help but to agree the Japanese (mostly) are extremely courteous and shockingly polite! NO, AY, Misaki Matsutomo are all very good by nature! Its rare trait in WS players! I won't mention names but we all know how others give those glares, shouts, hand waves, "shut up" looks, and intentional walking and hand movements to break the rhythm!
    KT is also the same case very humble and serene! Although I haven't watched him for few months now

10. OneToughBirdie

engineer

11. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Good luck on your venture in Malaysia Tago! You could always gamble in Genting :p

12. visor

visor Regular Member

Links?

13. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
  14. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

I've heard he's moving to sports affairs in Malaysia (same place as sugiarto and lee hyun il among others). However, I've only heard this from a friend over there so it might just be speculation or rumours.

15. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    I've also heard informal rumor from my Malaysian friend from Sabah some clubs already approached and head hunted him after his suspension. He showed interest and if the negotiation go well, he'll be back in business before too long. He will touch down in KL next week. Welcome back Tago!

16. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Rumor has it Petaling Jaya is one of the club in talks with Tago, didn't he play for them before in Purple League? o_O

17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

To be honest I have been checking and confirming all the news related to Kenichi Tago.

In the article it was written.

“I only have myself to blame for no longer being able to play in Japan. But I have again come to realize that badminton is the only way for me,” the 26-year-old, who will fly to Malaysia this month to find a new team, told Kyodo News.

Then subsequently this.

“I’ve no work at the moment and I’m thinking about going abroad to find some,” he said. “I know there are lots of opinions, but I need to find a job to make a living. I’m not sure in what shape or form, but I want people to forgive me for going overseas and being associated with badminton.”

Actually nothing has been confirmed so far. Yes Kenichi Tago plans to go to Malaysia to work and play there because he is currently jobless. So far nothing has been confirmed yet. The phrase (fly to Malaysia this month to find a new team) means that he is still searching for a new team to play in Malaysia. I think I will wait for the official news to come out first then only I will believe it. Lets not jump into conclusion before any official news have been released.

So sorry for saying this. I think I need to state this here to avoid further confusion. This is actually a rumor and nothing has been confirmed yet.

visor likes this.
  18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Lets wait for the official news to be released.

19. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sorry I myself never heard of anything like this so it is just pure rumors.

So sorry for saying this.

20. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    You don't need to copy paste the content of the article I provided, I'm sure everyone could read it. ;)

Of course if you're not hearing first hand from people who know and involved, you won't hear something like Tago's willing to give up his Japanese nationality if it takes, right? And oh it would be in the news soon alright :)