2016 YONEX ALL ENGLAND Open SSP - FINALS (13th March)

Discussion in 'German / All England / Swiss Open 2016' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Mar 12, 2016.

1. indrg

indrg Regular Member

pair him up with Ahsan is much preferred than Kevin depending on if Ahsan will still like to play despite his frequent shoulder injury. Setiawan at most like to play for the next 3 years till Sea Games or Asian Games and one more All England before hanging it up for good. Praveen's partner, Debby will retire after Olympics this year for certain.

2. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    Wow, well done INA pair.
    I haven't seen badminton match for a very long time.
    I saw about all england in my email inbox, and I thought, why not check it, tontowi / natsir might win again
    and I saw this young pair, VS rank 1 China nonetheless, never thought they could win
    but.. I saw some of the most amazing rallies and shots in my whole life in that game.
    Praveen has some of the most strongest smashes, beautiful cross drop too
    Debby is just fast, very fast anticipating any shots that goes to the front, and will not waste any chance to nuke if the opponent did a bad shot

and they did it again today, brilliant performance VS the danish pair.
    they work hard for it, they deserve it

my only problem with Debby is that she did a very high serve (above her lowest rib) and got called twice? (once yesterday and once today) because of it

3. Ton-Min-Bad

Ton-Min-Bad Regular Member

Lol, you're making up things. It's ridiculous. Lin Dan was in full control of what he was doing. You don't like him, right?

I say it once again: This action showcases Lin Dan's creativity and fantasy as a player with the will to win. He didn't want this ****ing shuttle to go down to the floor. The only way to do this is: throwing his racket. It is impossible in this situation, yes, but it might be different in another one. If he managed to do this only once, let's say, closer to the net, people would praise him as a genius, maybe even you.

#503 Ton-Min-Bad, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  4. okiazr

okiazr Regular Member

merchant
    Susi susanti won AE ws at 1990,1991,1993,1994

5. Mikie

Mikie Regular Member

banker
    Wooooooohooooo! )

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    thank you for your contribution, downtheline.

however, i find most of your post difficult to comprehend, as if it was translated by google translate. ;)

7. Upquark

Upquark Regular Member

Java developer
    Dude, what are you saying? I mean, really, I can't make a word of your posts.

8. slowtown

slowtown New Member

All these sentences are gramatically perfect yet is total nonsense at the same time

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i removed all the non-sense posts.

10. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I think downtheline is a robot not real human. The posts do not make sense.

11. Maurice MJC

Maurice MJC Regular Member

I thought it was just me lol.. He seems either not human or REALLY high

12. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

the first time in history, the Russian MD pair won the All England title...
    this Russian pair can even beat the JPN pair, why our Malaysian pair(s) cannot...

13. gefeifan

gefeifan Regular Member

Chinese ladies' decline is self-inflicted

Agree with Devendra -- Chen Jin is totally under-qualified as a coach, should have been sacked and replaced long time ago.

Totally cannot understand the lack of Chinese youngsters (WS and WD) coming through. Wang Yihan's performance against Okuhara's in the QF was woeful and embarrassing. She should not be kept in the national team if this is the best level she could manage. But I guess the fact that the Chinese team decided to disband what would have been the defending champions in WD (Tang and Bao) and instead had Tang as the new partner for Yu (she should not be in the national team any more IMHO) betrays their completely incomprehensible and non-progressive attitude. Serves them right that they ended up with the worst medal tally in >20 years. I hope their results in Rio is even more disastrous -- it's probably the only way to force some meaningful changes at the top of Chinese badminton.

Then again, the fact that more countries are now having players winning major tournaments is fantastic for the sports! Long may it continue :)

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Responding to etudiant's post :)

What a night it was to be underdogs as the All-England crowned four new winners in WS, MD, WD, and XD!

For Indonesia, Praveen Jordan/Debby Susanto's victory definitely ranks as one of the sweetest title in recent years as it marks the ascent of another pair besides Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir (who were 3 times winners in 2012, 2013, 2014; and runners-up in 2015) in XD. The title also came in such a good timing when the INA no 1 pair is facing some problems with their confidence and on-court performances since the third-quarter of 2015 and Liliyana herself had openly declared for her juniors to rise to the occasion. And Jordan/Debby took the calling and won their first GPG title early this year in India and followed that up with their maiden SSP title in the All-England Open 2016.

Jordan/Debby's performance over the past week showed that they have truly matured as a pair and are now consistently beating the top 6 XD pairs (especially Liu Cheng/Bao Yixin and Joachim Fischer-Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen, with 3 & 4 straight victories against them since July 2015). Jordan is still very young (he's only turning 23 in April) and he will be relied on to win more SS/SSP titles in the future. They controlled the match against the higher-ranked Danes so convincingly that the Danes looked frustrated during the interval break with their coach. They also did not panic when the Danes leveled the scores at 14-14 and 16-16 in the second-set. In fact, they were so confident at that crucial junction and forced the Danes to commit 4 consecutive errors to make it 20-16. At the end, Debby's placement ended the match 21-17 in the second-set.

I also feel that it is rather pre-mature for Debby to announce that she will be retiring after the Rio Olympics as she's still in her prime (only turning 27 this year). I really hope she can re-consider her decision, especially with her maiden SSP title in the All-England. That will surely inspire her to win bigger events like the Olympics, the World Championships (which will not be held this year), and the Asian Games (she already won a Bronze with Jordan in 2014).

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Good decision boss!! Long-time no see :)

16. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    i think it's the drive to win not the nationality that matters. malaysian pair(s) have no real drive to win.

17. K_a_d_e

K_a_d_e Regular Member

Worker
    Vladimir IVANOV Russia
    Ivan SOZONOV Russia -
    Japan Hiroyuki ENDO [6]
    Japan Kenichi HAYAKAWA
    21-23 21-18 21-16

Super big big congrats to Ivanov/Sozonov and Russia, the last night winner was unpredictable, i guess no one in this group put their money on Ivanov/Sozonov :) so happy for them and for badminton world as well other countries start to catching up lately hopefully we will see more from other continents in the future.

For Endo/Hayakawa i might cant understand how hard it is for you guys to be in the 2nd place again and again after it was so close but yet so far. When i saw this pair made it to the final i kind of sense that this is gonna be another lost for them, i didnt pray for that because i know you guys had been working so hard in the past few years for the big title so sorry for you guys but keep the spirit on maybe there will be another day for you guys.

18. wetsvandal

wetsvandal Regular Member

Great win Jordan / Susanto. Jordan must plays in MD too.

I think Ina had been wasted many opportunities (and talented players) for not letting them to play in more than one discipline. Imagine if someone like Natsir or Setiawan plays in two doubles discipline since long ago. INA will dominated doubles category for good

19. Harish Reddy M

Harish Reddy M Regular Member

Student
  20. gaara

gaara Regular Member

Good to see Lin Dan's back again. Lots of MS talents coming through China, and the scary part is their fourth best can beat anyone on his day. In Women's department the quality of players is at an all time high. I am impressed with some of Japan's players, they really know how to win big. As a badminton fan you can't expect more than this. Can't wait for Rio.