Nanoray 900 vs N90III

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Ystan, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Ystan

Ystan New Member

Dear all,

I'm considering between Nanoray 900 vs Li Ning N90III.

Which one is better? For controlling and having a good smashing power?

Please advise
    YStan

2. Prince Charming

Prince Charming Regular Member

Li Ning N90III good for smashing due to head heavy racquet.

3. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    You picked two quite different rackets...

4. renbo

renbo Regular Member

N o no ra y for control, N90III for smashe power.
    You might think about playing double or single. Nanoray for doubles, N90 for singles.

5. Ystan

Ystan New Member

Dear all,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I'm playing double but usually I'm supporting at the back and don't have so much smashing power. Is it due to my racket? Or is it my technique. Currently I'm using a G-force Li Ning.
    Just a starter here. Would need some recommendation for rackets.

Hope to get some feed back soon.

Thank you

6. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Both rackets are good at smashing from back court, for those who doubted about the smashing power of a head light not so stiff racket from backcourt, ask Mohammad Ahsan, reigning and 2 times world champion in MD. There is no say of which racket is for single and double, Saina Nehwal is using NR900 while Cai Yun is using N903. You decide how to play not the racket.
    I am a user of VTFZ2 3U and NR900, I use both on single and double, so what? NR900 does give you a steeper smashing angle when jump smash, and it is a damn powerful smashing racket with BG80 on it. Of cause nothing beat the king of smash VTFZ2 in smashing department but NR900 is not far behind.

BTW, weak at returning shot or smashing from back court is not a racket problem, no racket can fix that except yourself. You need to beef up your muscle and play with correct technique.

#6 Carbonex_7, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    missclicked likes this.
  7. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I found vtzf ii 3ug5 has much more power to offer compared to nanoray series. I've never tried nanoray but own acrsaber z slash 3ug5 (once said to be the top smashes racket back in 2009). Conpared both vtzf ii vs arcsz, the power smash is quite different. I assume that nanoray series is head lighter if conpared to arcsaber, hence my assumption is nanoray 900 will PERHAPS offer slightly weaker smashes than arcsaber, and double that if compared to vtzf ii. Indeed... what i said isn't applicable to the pros on tv. I mean, you hand them down pingpong bat and they still able to smash the shuttlecock at least 100kmh. For power then vtzf ii is the best choice, for control... maybe you wanna try arcsaber series... or duora 10 is also another option.

8. Carbonex_7

For NR900, you can read the review by Paul Stewart. My NR900 balance at 286mm with original grip + plastic cover + YY102EX grip strung with BG80, so it is not as head light as thought and the frame design is between slim and box frame, unlike the slimy NR700 so it can pack more powerful shots than its sibling but maneuver slightly slower.

9. Ystan

Ystan New Member

Dear all,

Thank you for the reply.

My friend asked me to choose between VTFZ2 and N90III for smashing. I went to read the review and both are good at smashing.

So I'm consider this 2 rackets. But I'm not sure which one to get :(

Hope to get some feedback soon

Thank you

10. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Those 2 racquets are different in this way : ZFII is very stiff, and N90III is quite flexy.
    Do you like flexible or stiff shafts? To me, flexible racquets are more easy to handle if one is not an advanced player.

11. Carbonex_7

If smashing power is what you are after, VTFZ2 is your ONLY choice, nothing beat the king of smash.

12. Ystan

Ystan New Member

Dear all,

Thanks for reply :)

I just bought N90III with BG66 string tension 25.

I just tried out and it has a good smashing power but after a few games. My hand wash really tiring.

Did I choose the wrong racket?
    Should I get one more NR900 to try out?

Hope to get feedback soon

Thank you

13. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

If money isn't your issue, i'd suggest to try NR900, VTZF II, NRZP, ARC11, VT80, N99, TK6000, TK9000, HX800....and dozen more i couldn't list (get each with its weight version available 3U or 4U) Think of them as life long collection, and very much sure at least one or two of those will suit your style perfectly. I did it with my 23 usable rackets and RIP 9 rackets. Ended up with cheaper Kason C7 that suited my play style.

14. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    I experience the opposite, don't know why.

15. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Do you mean you found the zfII more flexible, or that you found the stiffer racquets more easy to handle?
    Personnaly I also prefer stiff racquets, but on day-off even the simplest shot are horrible.

robinc likes this.
  16. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    I find on flexible rackets, the head doesn't follow my hand quickly enough, and I'll either hit the shuttle before the racket has reached the peak of returning to its original shape, or my shot will come off as a different shot.

The former means a slower head speed and a weaker shot, the latter means uh oh.

17. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Yes, timing issues with flexible racquets

18. irshad ahmad

irshad ahmad New Member

Hello buddy how do u feel playing with li ning n90iii now???does ur arm still pain at times??? I broke my zforce 2 4u version recently was thinking of buying li ning n90iii???

19. Jeremyng90

Jeremyng90 Regular Member

I actually tested both NR900 and N90 III in short period of time. My first impression is I prefer N90 III more than NR900 , if you hit the correct sweet spot on this racket you actually able to generate very powerful shoot and the satisfaction is very good !

as for NR900 , i actually struggle hit a powerful shoot and IMO you mz be a pro like those indonesia pair to hit a thunder shot.

Btw VT ZF II is the racket i hate the most bcs it's very difficult to use due to the stiffness XD

20. wlee2702

wlee2702 Regular Member

iT solution
    Hi n90iii is a.great racket. NR900 needs swing speed to make up the mass or head heaviness of zf2 or n90iii. If you are a swinger, definitely choose nr900 for doubles, besides defense, drives and net play and fAtness, I think a head light racket is superior.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk