Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    BCL was the 3rd player.

2. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

[MENTION=79732]Accordaz[/MENTION]

Thanks for posting this online. I cried while watching it. It is really to touching. Such a great and huge sacrifice from Lee Chong Wei. So glad that his fans truly appreciate the thing he did. Thanks for posting this video clip.

4. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Dato Lee Chong Wei will alway be the lone greatest sportperson MAS ever produced.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

He, (Lin Dan), won an accessory, only an accessory ? Isn't that what Lee CW is also fighting for throughout his badminton life ?

Frankly, with no disrespect, what the youtube poster said sounds good, heartening, stirring, only if you're a LCW fan and/or Malaysian, if not, it rings a little bit hollow. I can fully empathise with it but I doubt LCW is contented , otherwise he won't want to try again in Rio'16. No wonder why somebody once said, in (professional) sports, "winning isn't everything, it's the only thing" - originated with college football coach Red Saunders but often attributed to Vince Lombardi who did say it as well.

In a way, that video message at the same time smacks of patriotism,nationalism, not merely the outpourings of an ardent fan. When Roger Federer failed to nail the London Olympic tennis gold, did anybody, Swiss fan, thought of doing the same, a similar high-flown expression?

In professional sport, or any form of competition, for that matter, it's either you win or lose, simple as that, cruel or not, there's no two ways about it. Life goes on. There are many more , much more, important things in life, crying for our attention, and urgent action. Just my reflections.

6. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

You're not wrong, but in comparison with R. Federer LCW unfortunately hasn't achieved one of the most import titles (WorldChampionship or Olympic), so the comparison is not on the same emotional level. This video was created because the creator - and probably many many fans - think that LCW shouldn't be sorry for that what he couldn't achieve for his country. Which I totally agree, btw.

Well, to look at olympic gold medal as an accessory is probably not that fair, but that's probably the only thing which disturbed me in this video. It's not about the gold medal, the whole video. It's about that someone who works that hard for his country, doesn't have to apologize for his country when trying the very best and not winning the gold medal.
    Back to R. Federer. He's getting older, but I'm sure he really really wants another major title. Now imagine he would apologize for his folks, because he wasn't able to get another one. Isn't that irritating? Apologize for what? He achieved so much and work so hard, why apologize? He doesn't owe anyone anything.
    Well, that's just for imagination, because I know not one single player in Badminton and Tennis who's so humble as LCW.

Making LD's achievement bad is not the point of the video. Of course LCW also played for the medal. But this has nothing to do with message itself: "LCW, you're great / the greatest of us malaysian. No need to apologize. The whole country is thankful for your hard work and achievments."

Just my 2 cents (from a not-malaysian) :)

#12386 Accordaz, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  7. paulsarcia

paulsarcia New Member

8. Shuttle Flash

Shuttle Flash Regular Member

Badminton Player
    [video=youtube;Fh5OB7-mnaU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh5OB7-mnaU[/video]

9. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
  10. ahren92

ahren92 Regular Member

badminton nerd
    Lee Chong Wei just got knocked out in the first round of All England !! #shocking

11. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

looks like LCW gonna rest till next week Swiss Open for real...

12. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    It is a clever move.

13. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Omg.... Conditioning plan didn't work I guess? Too much rest.

14. seagame2001

seagame2001 Regular Member

CNC
    Chen Long will get knock out tomorrow

15. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    by viktor ? ... maybe LD will get knocked out ...

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

If we learn to respect a player privacy it would have been very good. Just don't want to keep dwelling into his match which is played the last anymore. Well smart people will know why but no point to keep saying and repeating it so many times.

So pointless to talk about a match that is held last at night. Question here is easy? Why Lee Chong Wei match must be the last match? Very obvious answer. To keep all the spectators at the stadium? I believe that all Lee Chong Wei matches will be played the last till the end of this tournament.

So if that is the case save it. So very obvious answer now. So I feel there is no need for all of us to keep dwelling into this issue and harping on it. Respect Lee Chong Wei privacy please.

But please again I hope Lee Chong Wei match will not be the last match played during next week Swiss Open again. If it os going to be the last match played again on the day 2, I will surely lodge a complaint to bwf myself personally. Enough said.

And I also don't want to waste time harping on the issue of his match purposely set to be played as the mast match.

17. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    Everyone who qualified for Round 2 will have chance to get knocked out, all except LCW, Lol!

18. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-

Lcw's main aim is Olympics , any other title is not important, we will see his real form and also I believe lin dan and CL as well ..

19. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    Then LCW should not play in any further tournament before the Olympic, just a waste of time, effort, energy, etc. LCW should only reserve himself solely for the Olympic then if this is the case.

20. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    Need match experience and to see opponent standard so he will join tourney. And Yonex sponsorship requires him to join bwf , and he need to maintain his ranking before Olympics as well. In Malaysia there is not one as good as him to spar with him..