2016 Princess Sirivannavari THAILAND Masters : Qualifying-FINALS (8th-13th February)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Master / Syed Modo International / Thaila' started by CLELY, Feb 7, 2016.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

wanted to watch the MD match at court 1 but couldn't get live connection so now watching the MD match at court 2. Very interesting and tough fought match. Both pairs playing very well.

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Great Kim leading 19-16.

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

tough fight 20-19.

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Finally the Kims escape with 21-19.

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Mistakes creeping in from the Kims.

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

6 all back level.

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Lots of long rallies in this match. Amazing :)

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow congratulations to Kim Gi Jung Kim Sa Rang for playing so well and finally win the match today.

9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Managed to connect to court 1 MD match after the MD match at court 2 ended. Anyway I am indeed very sad to see Ko Sung Hyun / Shin Baek Cheol losing once again to Mohammad AHSAN / Hendra SETIAWAN . I knew from the beginning that it I going to be extremely tough for the Korean MD to win this match. The Indonesians really played extremely well today and showed to the world why they are ranked no 2 in the world.

I knew it is tough. Even Lee Yong Dae / Yoo Yeon Seong also admitted that it is extremely tough for them to win over the Indonesians MD too.

Anyway although you may have lost today, I still want to congratulate Ko / Shin for putting up such a great fight today.

10. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    MX as expected imo.
    MS well, SWH should not lose the second set! Would have been good for his self-confidence to get to the final and maybe win it... LHI is just amazing. So calm on the court along with his great footwork and anticipation!! Should surely win tomorrow.
    WS also as expected. RI and LHI are playing with that kind of dancing around the court, looks so easy, effortless and smooth. I think SJH would need a break, but if you consider how much she plays it was a good performance once again.
    WD as expected. The Koreans are not that far away from troubling the top CHN pairs but it seems to be about their psychology against theses pairs... If they really go all out, the it gets close like in the second game, but they can't go the full distance playing their aggressive game and still making no unforcered errors. Will be interesting to see how the final is going ;) Somehow I think ZYL/TQ will win esp. since ZYL don't need to do double-duty here.
    MD also as expected. Kims are really back in form and face the ultimative test tomorrow. It could have been a all KOR final, but Ko was too shaky in the end. Nothing to say about Ahsans look :eek: :eek: Thought noone could top Juhl and Pedersen... Not sure whether it is just me but the INA MD almost always look like they are just doing their work. I don't see joy often. Well, maybe their strenght not showing emotions, still very cold.
    Anyway they are favourites throughout this year as long as Ahsan is 100% fit.

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

[MENTION=80975]KB@TB Em[/MENTION]

Thanks for your great analysis of the game.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Perhaps, the 18-yr-old Zheng Siwei having to do double duty may have some effect on his MD's performance which came less than three hours after he had won the XD earlier.

No, I'm not expecting the youngsters, ZSW/HKX, to win against the No, 2 seed and WR#7 KOR pair; surprisingly, the MD match was closer than I expected. I daresay, the CHN young pairing will go far, they are fast learners, still somewhat raw, but very promising.

13. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I think they will soon scrap ZSW from MD and make him a full time XD world beater instead, they should have registered him for all England, too bad.

14. gjoo888

gjoo888 Regular Member

His name is Kyungkook Kay Min, and he's not really a coach. He is Lee's manager who travels with him and takes care of his affairs whilst on the road. He also speaks very good English and translates for Lee during interviews.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

[MENTION=33548]gjoo888[/MENTION]

Thank you so much for your information. As Lee Hyun Il is staying in Thailand no longer staying in Korea I didn't get to know much news about him already.

16. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Really... enjoying THAI people hospitality, weather, food and cheap lodging. :)

17. indrg

indrg Regular Member

So who do you think will prevail the final and why:

Sun Yu or RI
    LHI or HuYun
    Hendra/Ahsan or Kim/Kim

18. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

FINALS (01.00pm local time) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...1B7520-3D70-494C-9D4F-7E006CD82CB8&d=20160213

XD, Zheng Siwei/Chen Qingchen (CHN) v Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying (MAS)
    Head-to-head stats : 0-0 / World Ranking : 68 v 13
    First meeting between two finalists, reigning world junior champion had downed two front-runners seeded en route to last round, strong favourite Ko SH/Kim HN and HKG pair Lee CH/Chau HW. Zheng/Chen have real potential to be elite pair soon and no surprise if they could top podium this afternoon. In contrary, Chan/Goh had pretty comfortable path from the beginning as they didn't meet any seeded pairs. The Malaysian duo should have better strategy to cope fast and furious Chinese youngsters.

WD, Tang Yuanting/Yu Yang (CHN) v Tian Qing/Zhao Yunlei (CHN)
    H-2-H : 1-1 / WR : 23 v 10
    It seems these two pairs are projected to take part Rio Games, they're busy to participate some GP Gold events to earn adequate ranking point as the OG qualification deadline will be ended on 1st May. The reigning Olympic and World Champion is favoured to pick their first title in this year but maybe Tang/Yu have different tactic to overcome their more compact rival. Both pairs had showed their quality to score all straight-sets winning over their opponent at previous rounds.

MS, Lee Hyun Il (KOR) v Hu Yun (HKG)
    H-2-H : 1-0 / WR : 19 v 13
    The clash of evergreen veterans, both finalists have passed their peak performance based on their age, 35 and 34 years old but vast experience play the role to overcome the younger opponent. Lee outplayed Tanongsak easily in last four yesterday, Hu dropped first game then bounced back to battle hard and grabbed second and third game against the resilient Son WH. Lee has slight advantage to bag another GP Gold unless Hu has extra motivation to win something in his badminton career.

MD, Mohammad Ahsan/Hendra Setiawan (INA) v Kim Gi Jung/Kim Sa Rang (KOR)
    H-2-H : 5-2 / WR : 2 v 7
    A world class match is predicted as two-time world champion will face familiar faces, Korean pairs as tough opponent in many tournaments. In the absence of Lee YS/Yoo YS, Korea relies on their two combination, Ko SH/Shin BC lost three games to the Indonesian #1 yesterday and Kim GJ/Kim SR may take revenge this time and stun the high-calibre Ahsan/Setiawan today. The world number two has fluctuating trend along last year, their most notable result was 2015 WC gold medalist and Dubai SS Finals champion.

WS, Sun Yu (CHN) v Ratchanok Intanon (THA)
    H-2-H : 1-2 / WR : 11 v 6
    Intanon is home last one standing and fully expected to gain top honour here after she got unexpected losing in THA Open last year. The tall Chinese Sun Yu dominated completely her semifinal match against Busanan, she needs desperately to prove herself that she's capable to beat elite player consistently after SUI Open and a breakthrough SIN Superseries last season as Sun is still under the shadow of current Chinese trio, Li XR-Wang YH-Wang SX.

19. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Oh just my personal predictions and I may be wrong here.

WS I predicted that Ratchanok will win because she has been playing well thus far and being the sole representative for Thailand together with so much of home crowd support she is bound to be so motivated to win the game.

MS I predicted that Lee Hyun Il will win. I am not saying this because I am bias and a Korean supporter. But then being old Lee Hyun Il has done an extremely good job thus far. This year he is going to be 37 years old very soon. The plus point would be Lee Hyun Il is now staying in Thailand for quite a few years already so the crows is sure to cheer for him when he plays. That would be an additional boast to motivate him to do well. Lee Hyun Il has been bearing this responsibility for too long already. Currently no Korean MS can reach the finals except for him. So this itself has been a huge pressure but I am amazed that at such an old age he is still shouldering the responsibility well. Of course now Lee Hyun Il is an independent player and he longer plays for Korea national team.

MD I predict that Mohammad Ahsan / Hendra Setiawan should have no problem in winning the game because the Indonesian MD have been plying superbly well en route to the finals. I am just stating the facts and not trying to belittle Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang. H2h records also showed that the Indonesian have always win over the Korean MD except the crucial lost at the Korean Open 2015 which I consider the result is rather inaccurate. All I am extremely sure that the Indonesian MD should win the match today.

#159 blabl, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  20. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    XD will depend on which pair dictate the pace - fast = China, slow = Malaysia

WS - Ratchanok the slight favourite due to her variety of strokes compared to Sun Yu.

MS - LHI's for the taking. He's about the only player other than LCW who is good at playing economically, ie without wasting energy. Great footwork really helps.

MD - INA world champs didn't play very well yesterday. Need to cut down those errors hitting towards the sides. Having said that their variation of pace and angle would be too much for young Koreans who only thrive on speed.

WD - Defending Olympic Champs don't communicate well so the victory has to go to their opponents.