Need help to choose a racket headlight or even or head heavy?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by drmrahul, Jan 22, 2016.

1. drmrahul

drmrahul Regular Member

i have been playing badminton since childhood and still just an average player. May be low intermediate. I was playing with Yonex nanospeed 80 for a couple of years. I can see some cracks on the frame, may be just the paint because the racket still does well. Its headlight and 91gm weight. I am not sure about string tension. Since 6 months i was using Yonex muscle power 29 light (even balance) and had it restrung at 24lbs Bg 65 3 weeks back. After restringing, i feel that i cant generate any power with the racket; no control either. Anyway i dint like the feel of muscle power 29 initially itself with lesser tension strings. I have read everywhere that people like head heavy rackets for smashing, will it be suitable for me? Will a head light racket cause shoulder injury? Heard that voltric 7 is a great racket which is a jack of all trades. Or should i buy light weight rackets like apacs featherweight 500 or 300 (head heavy?) Or i should look to buy a 3u or 4u racket thats head light (eg: nanoray 20 or 60)? Experts plz suggest. Please ignore my typos.

2. drmrahul

drmrahul Regular Member

Its my 1st post on this forum eventhough i have been reading a lot here for past 2 months. sorry for any mistakes in my post

3. feroy

feroy Regular Member

Student
    Hi drmrahul,

I believe voltric 7 is a good racket. It is medium to medium-stiff I believe. It is quite fast for defense, maybe not so much for flat exchange. If you have more budget, perhaps you could try Victor Light Fighter 7400. It is head heavy but in 5U. I tried that racket on one occasion for 3 hours, and it is good for double.

Sorry, I have never tried any other racket you mentioned.

4. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

Do you play doubles or singles? Do you play offensive or defensive? And budget?

5. drmrahul

drmrahul Regular Member

Thanks for quick reply feroy. My budget is about 5000Rs. Do u think 6u or 7u rackets are not worth buying? Victor is out of my budget. I thought of buying voltric 7,but since is dint like muscle power 29 i am confused

6. drmrahul

drmrahul Regular Member

I play doubles 90 % of the time. Our gaming is purely recreational. But i wanna improve my game. Nothing dramatic, but musclepower 29 really ruined my game. Never thought a racket could make such a big difference. May b cos am not good enough

7. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Did the problem only occur after restringing?

8. drmrahul

drmrahul Regular Member

Problem occured after restringing.. So may b tension is too much for my level.. may b i should stick to 20 or 21 lbs. But even before that i dint like muscle power29 at all. My smashes and clears lacked power as well as accuracy

9. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Well, feather weight rackets won't help you with producing more power.

It sounds like you could do with a bit of coaching. 24 isn't all that high, but you're still struggling with it. If there is a big problem with your technique then the higher tension certainly won't help.

10. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

What tension did you increase to?

11. drmrahul

drmrahul Regular Member

i am not in a position to go for coaching and all. When i used my old nanospeed today it increased my level of play a lot. i dont mind using 20 lbs strings. But i want to kno whether a head light racket is the one for me or some lightweight ones. I do not want to increase the power of my shots more than what i get with nanospeed 80. But its about to break (thats what i believe) and wants to progress to a better racket. featherweight might give me more menuverabilty and faster movement. Thats what i feel. Correct me if am wrong. Then i ll go for voltric 7

12. drmrahul

drmrahul Regular Member

babolat n force blast?howz this racket? Saw it on flipkart. but it doesnt ship to my place? hows this racket?

13. drmrahul

drmrahul Regular Member

dint get any help from bc... anyway bought apacs featherweight 200 from local store. Bg 65 string with 23 lbs. let me see how it performs tomorrow

14. drmrahul

drmrahul Regular Member

Bought voltric 7 and happy with its performance

15. feroy

feroy Regular Member

Student
    Glad you like it, enjoy :)

16. R@hul

R@hul Regular Member

Voltric 7 is good racket and many junior players use it ..