Lightest racket on the market?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Robotz, Sep 13, 2015.

1. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

3U isn't light enough? Our ancestors must be laughing their @$$ off hearing this! Ever play with wooden rackets or metal rackets? Weight about 150-200gr, more or less

2. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    We are not talking about the same racket with same specs, do we? My above comment is purely for Apacs FW500, not for Karakal BN60 and as mentioned above I have no idea about BN60 specs (before writing the previous message) and never try this racket before.

There are few possibilities why you don't enjoy your games using lighter racket:

1. Your personal feels and mindset, maybe you prefer a heavier racket (more feel and punch during smash, drop shot and clearing) and you are an attacking player instead of defending.

2. The racket specs:
    - as mentioned above a lighter racket should have heavy head frame.
    - the flex of the shaft, a lighter racket should have medium stiff shaft, if it's too stiff you will have hard time clearing every shots and struggle at net shots.
    - high speed frame, will reduce drag on the frame during straight on swing or hit. Resulting improvement on speed and control.

3. String tension, if you are stringing your 3u and 4u rackets for 28lbs or even 30lbs, you should not string the 6u or 7u rackets at the same tension (unless you have perfect badminton technique), the best recommended tension is 24lbs or below.

3. R@hul

R@hul Regular Member

absolutely true... BN60 is also med flex.... and string tension only 24 lbs... actually i play with 24 lbs tension only.. i dont even think of 30lbs or so... hehe
    as far as frame speed is concerned.. the racket with 60 gm weight gotta be speedy only... so hardly any frame dynamics comes into play.... coz its so light.. but yes BN60 is an even balance racket.. so here u may b absolutely right...!!
    thanks...!!